Reviews for Fade to Grey
The best coffee is on the Discworld? Or are there two worlds that meet that description?
Duo-chan Maxwell chapter 18 . 1/19/2014
This was (so far) a very interesting fic! Got here 5 years later through a rec LOL

I really liked the idea of Ianto choosing to be a Grim Reaper to be close to Jack (because really, it wouldn't be Heaven if he couldn't have Jack).

The Portuguese parts could use a brush-up, though. I don't have the faintest idea of what you used to get it translated, but it works well on small (1-3 words) sentences, but the bigger parts are really unintelligible (the only way I understood what you wanted to say was by looking at the translation...)

Here are some suggestions if you want it to be really accurate:

Chapter 13: Santa Maria mãe de Deus! Ainda bem que eu já estou morta ou isso teria me dado uma cirrose agora (Literally translates as "Holy Mary mother of God! Glad I am already dead or this would have given me cirrosis just now" - The reason: when we use this kind of religious expletive, it tends to be "Holy Mary mother of God" as in the Hail Mary prayer. Also, "cirrosis" is a more common expression for liver problems, as is "coma alcoólico" - alcohol-induced coma)

Chapter 17: Canalha sarnento e ganancioso (literally translates as "Greedy and scabious scum" - the reason: "bastard" is not culturally used as an insult, "scabious" also means "diseased" but it also carries the stigma of being something infectious and highly undesirable, would be similar to "leper", but leper is somewhat of a very very old-fashioned insult.)
Another thing is when Rio is demanding cuddles from 'Danen - "afago" is not a word commonly used in spoken language (it is also considered to be old-fashioned), "carinho" would be a better translation.
koralina chapter 18 . 6/25/2013
I enjoyed the story very much, so sad that you left it unfinished.
Guest chapter 18 . 7/2/2012
I can't believe I discovered your brilliant work only now!

Shinigami (reapers, ok, too much manga lately)! Elves! And Janto!

How can you put together everything I love without it becoming awkward? You're a special, special couple.

I'm definitely following this.

Thank you for writing it.
ZinniaJ chapter 18 . 7/19/2010
Fabulous story. Hoping there is more
enchanted nightingale chapter 18 . 3/11/2010
Lovely chapter.
deemama66 chapter 18 . 2/17/2010
oh lord the dialouge between kate and jack...LMASO

is this upgraded or has a sequel...?

lolol panties in the dryer..?

am subscribing of course
Falling.Through.Wonderland chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
Just quickly: LOVE the name of the chapter.

anyways.

I love the first chapter and am looking forward to the second so times a wasting better start reading now.

bye
Tylluan chapter 18 . 12/7/2009
There I go, begging for a chapter and then don't have the decency to actually review it in a timely fashion. For shame on me!

Oh, but it's such a lovely chapter. I love that Jack and Ianto are finally getting their own place, and that Ianto will have a place to come back to after a hard day of reapering (hm, that doesn't look right, but you know what I mean!) I like the fact that Jack is also finding some good things about being immortal, and the fact that he can learn over time (though it's good to see some things never change, like his fixation on Rio's panties!)

Mucho grazia for the lovely shout out for my story - you are too kind, m'dear!

So where's the next chapter? Hm? Forget that work stuff, the story is much more important! ;)
NoOne.NotEvenMe chapter 18 . 11/6/2009
Yay another great chapter. Oh the things jack could/would do if he ever got hold of any of Rio's panties. Haha.

keep up it up

XD

No one.
NoOne.NotEvenMe chapter 17 . 9/29/2009
Yay another great chapter. you know if jack wants a three some theres always matthew. haha

loving the story and the interaction between the couples.

all i can say is: more please XD
Tylluan chapter 17 . 9/29/2009
Every time I find a new chapter from you guys, it makes my day brighter.

This is a lovely chapter, with some beautiful insights to both relationships. What a lovely job - I do feel for poor Ianto as the consequences of his decision are now forced upon him in such a vivid fashion. And I'm glad that Jack is there on Terra to take care of him afterwards. Had Jack still been on his old rust bucket, I think the reality of it all would have been a lot harsher for Ianto.

One can imagine what situation would make angels (or reapers in this occasion) want to weep. These sorts of things do make one wonder about the universe when they are witnesses to such atrocities.

Thank you for sharing that chapter. I hope it's not too long of a wait until the next one - but then, I'm greedy! ;)
Tylluan chapter 16 . 9/16/2009
I've been holding off on reading this because I really wanted to sit back and enjoy it. And as usual, I wasn't disappointed!

Love the reunion of Jack and Ianto and have I mentioned yet that I really adore Rio? ;) She is the best!

Sounds like it's time for Ianto to get his proverbial feet wet... or should that be wings wet? Hm... at reapering. I'm sure he'll do the job well as he gets the hang of it.

Looking forward to more and am oh so curious about Jack's journey! Another great one!
figaro2 chapter 16 . 9/14/2009
Hooray Jack and Ianto are together again!
InsanityisReal chapter 15 . 9/14/2009
I absolutely adore this story. these ideas are so clever. i wish i was creative like that, it is such a clever and complex story. thanks for a great read.