Reviews for Son of a Man
Taryn Streambattle chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
I don't know what to say. Just so . . . so good!
Random chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
good story
WhyMustIWrite chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
I'm so glad I came across this fic today. You have a way with words. I was nearly moved to tears, which I suppose isn't the most difficult thing to accomplish but certainly isn't the easiest either. I love your insight into Kakashi's childhood, especially in his struggle in how to deal with his father's memory.

My favorite lines were:

"Ever since that day, he only sought to appease himself. His father was rejected for putting the lives of his comrades over the mission. His father had compassion.

So Kakashi chose to have none."

That was so striking. As was the way you brought out Obito's effect on Kakashi.

The second part with Iruka was also very well done. It makes me wonder as well, if Iruka remembers that incident. It almost seems like he would have to. Then again, he could have been in so much shock that he couldn't remember if he tried.

One constructive criticism I can offer is that the end didn't "feel" like the end. It seemed rushed and a bit abrupt compared to the compelling nature of the rest of the story.

Still, I really enjoyed reading it, and am utterly confused as to why I'm the first one to review it. ; Very weird. Anyway, thank you for sharing!