Reviews for Duck and Cover
SanguineTaurean chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
History, lemons and a little humor is what I needed today! Love the one shot! Now E&B will have a story to remember when they are gray-haired.
sillyvamp chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
Cute story. Good historical stuff. :)
JXB Addicted chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
Poor Bella going to have a bun in the oven! LOL! That was great! TTFN! JXB. ;0)
E's My Brand Of Heroin chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
Ahahah! I remember that movie from a Sociology class I took in high school (where we had couches!) At first I thought you were just going to go rogue and change history, but the thought did occur to me that Edward was hearing something else.

Srsly though, the story was so sweet and I love how they were all best friend and hs sweethearts. So true to the times.

Now I'm wondering if they try that again, how soon they get married, and if the HAVE to get married so soon, or if they just can't wait to be apart.
harperpitt chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
This is one of the cutest one-shots I've read. 60s Bella and Edward are adorable, and I love the dozens of period details you've woven in. The ending is priceless, too!
KeeWit chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
Great story!
DarkBlueBella chapter 1 . 9/30/2010
I love what you did here, capturing their childhood romance with teenage discoveries! Your ending was fabulous, and leads us to wonder what happens next. Lets hope they have a long happy marriage and laugh about it on their anniversaries! Your setting was a great choice and lots of historical detail.

Personally I would love to read a Marriage Manual, lol.
reesessweetie chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
cute story. this really makes me think alot to the days of the cold war. gosh, i can't imagine the state of anxiety the people must have been feeling during that time, never knowing when a bomb might be set off in your country. glad that no bomb actually went off during this time.
plummpumpkin chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
Funny coincidence with your story is that my great uncle used to write for the Seattle PI and he interviewed Elvis when he was in town filming that movie. He also went on to write several books about the Seattle World's Fair.

Good story, definitely the most historical references of any of the age of edward stories I've read to date.
grandsophia chapter 1 . 10/15/2009
ROFL ! poor them, scared for life ! :P at least they made love ? a nice trade :P
Helese chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
Just wanted to let you know I found this in OCD's favs and just loved it!

You did an amazing job with the historical details and the story-line was great.

Thank you so much for sharing!

PS I hope B & E managed to get her undies and stuff out of the shelter without Mrs. C getting wise!
TraceyJ chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
Good idea! I feel horrible that they were so vulnerable and didn't realize the "test!" Ops!
Confused55 chapter 1 . 8/11/2009
lol. poor Edward and Bella. im sure a very awkward coversation is sure to come in their near future. Great job by the way!-Aarica.
starfish422 chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
"marriage manual" LOL at this! I've read some of those...they were hilarious.

I've never actually seen one of those "duck and cover" movies, though I've seen clips. Can't imagine what a mindf*ck that must have been for young children. :( I was 11 when Chernobyl happened - that was bad enough and it was on the other side of the world.

OMG - I love the parallel between Elvis's lack of privacy and Rob's. Nicely done.

Wow, a real fallout shelter? Again, the lovely mass paranoia cultivated by the government.

Oh my god - he shot his wad! How embarassing, poor E! Mortifying.

Okay - I know the situation with the bomb siren is serious as a heart attack, but I just keep thinking of "Independence Day" when the kid says, "This could be our last night on earth - you don't want to die a virgin, do you?"

I loved it, JJ, and I feel just awful for taking so effing long to get to reading it. I have no excuse other than being ridiculously busy. My internet time has also been curtailed at work - well, i guess I should say my "personal internet" use has been curtailed at work. Which is as it should be, of course. But I used to read my email at work, at least. It doesn't leave me as much reading time at night when I have to deal with all my email at night too.

Anyways, enough excuses. I thought you did really well - I loved the historic details like the World's Fair and the football game. The references to the storm, though, are kinda going over my head so I'm going to have to Google that! :)
kneon chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
Great story. I wonder how many babies were born during this time period? hahaha