Reviews for Bigger is Better
TimberlineWolf chapter 1 . 6/10/2014
this is awsomely hysterical! it would different with be totally awsome if you did continue this. think of how different all those other battles would battles would be! Hell! he could make a kaiju clone and turn it into the kyuubi! HAHAHAHAHA!
TheDaemonthor chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
lol, bookmarked to come back to later. will contact when I get around to using it, and I'm surprised I haven't seen it done before
arapto chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
Brilliant idea! Wish I had thought of it first
Fayari chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
I really want to experiment on this concept...
Avid Reader Guy chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
Awwwwweesome! Hahahaa aww Naruto, you and your crazy chakra clones. YOu should write a bunch of one shots that just deal with clone variations and how the woop ass at different moments.
Pink Ikawa 001 chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
oh noes! Poor neji! lol, this was intresting, i was kinda hoping it would continue though.
gaul1 chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
funny
Randoh chapter 1 . 10/7/2009
Eek... your math is off mark. Lets start...

"The ‘Cube Square Rule’ applies to animal body shapes by size and explains why bugs don’t need bones and can lift many times their body weight while having a low muscle ratio and why elephants have such huge bones and short, muscular legs. But since Kage Bunshin are chakra constructs instead of real muscle and bone you can adjust the muscle and bone strength in proportion to the adjustment in height to avoid clumsy or overloaded clones."

Yes, but I think your missing the point here. The second statment is basically your way of making excuses for the impossibility of what your are trying to propose. If the "muscle and bone strength" of chakra constucts can be adjusted, why not do that for regular clones.

"So for a clones of double your height you spend double the chakra for Length, Width, Height, and Strength, or 16 times the chakra of a normal Kage Bunshin, so very few people have the chakra capacity to make combat giants without killing themselves in the attempt!”"

Ok, this part here is where your math gets iffy. Let me explain.

Im assuming the increase in strength is due to the additional reinforcement needed due to the additional mass since the bones and muscles of a 5ft Naruto isnt enough for a 20ft Naruto. This additional chakra is needed for the additional MASS of the Kage Bunshin.

The mass, assuming a box shape (a cylinder would probably be a better shape for approximation), is the product of the length, width, height, and density. This where the cube rule comes in. The new volume (and eventually mass if the density remains the same) is the cube of the ratio of the increase in dimension. That is, assuming the ratio between the dimensions remain the same. In other words doubling the size (23) will increase the mass 8 times. Increasing the mass to three times the original (33) will increase the mass 27 times... etc.

In your fic, the dimensions of the naruto clone was 4 times the original (43) so thats 64 times more mass, which further translates to 64 times more chakra. This figure does not take into account the amount of chakra needed to reinforce the additional weight.

Each unit of mass on the clone must therefore be 64 times stronger than the original material. A clone 4 times larger than the original therefore needs (642) 4096 times the chakra of an ordinary shadow clone.

Interestingly, REDUCING the size of the clones using your idea uses significantly less chakra. Its interesting because it could be adapted to something like how Shino uses his bugs, but using Naruto's tactics.

Also, a three ton something hitting something like a person at 60 miles per hour head-on will usually kill you. Neji then hitting the wall at a similar speed will make it worse. The falling thing applies when one is in free fall, however the Naruto clones movement is driven primarily by muscles, not gravity. He may overshoot slightly tho. The issue with the increased size that I can see is the stopping part. Again, a three ton object moving at 60 mph has a lot of momentum.
Loatroll chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
Really cool idea! Thanks for the read.
Wordlurker chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
Now THAT was funny. I've never entertained the idea of huge clones before, actually, but now... Kehe, I can think of lots of crazy stuff.

Nice work!
QChronoD chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
You really need to continue this one. It would be funny the see Naruto use the giant clones against more of his enemies.

Also would love to see what you could come up with for usage of the small clones. (Could imagine him creating a super resilient chibi-naruto that was abducted by Hinata to cuddle with.)
Aoirann chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
Man there is plenty of comical gold for this idea. Just Naruto saying "What was that puny man?" to anybody. Hell that could be the best way to defeat Gaara. Just make a bigger thing to battle him.
goofy loofah chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
I'm not sure one scene qualifies as a one-shot ... it is neither a slice of life nor a traditional plot structure. I think you should, ahem, flesh the plot out more into something longer ;) you know, with a traditional beginning, middle, and end.

Attack of the 50 foot Naruto ;)

And I agree with Vizeer, I don't see Naruto doing math. I see him just dumping all the chakra he can and seeing how big that makes it (with the idea that Naruto does not control anything specific. The construct automatically divides the chakra as needed and the final size is determined by how much gets dumped in to begin with.) That is, he dumps in a lot and gets it at 20 feet without aiming for 20 feet.

You could have him try to figure out how to combine the two forms. Thereby making an army of much smaller Naruto clones to use as spies and getting into tight places. (Or even making two 10 feet clones instead of one 20 feet)
Innortal chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
Not a bad one-shot and a nice idea, no matter what.
obsidian-fox chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
Fun! It'd be sad to see this stay a one-shot.

However, Akamichi clan also has size jutsus, and summons are also plenty large. I don't believe Hyuuga would fall so easily.