Reviews for Acts Of Hubris
Maunzeli chapter 13 . 3/3/2013
I think this story was much better plotted and developed than the other Abby rape story I read.
Nicky Reid chapter 13 . 2/14/2011
definitely a plausible plot and well carried off

you might want a beta reader or an editor, for the grammar and such, but it's not enough to detract from the story except for maybe a perfectionist

well done keeping true to the characterizations

very believable
joykatleen chapter 13 . 11/27/2010
Wonderful story. Well written and much enjoyed. Thanks for sharing. P.S.: I see you were about an equal distance off the coasts of southeastern Mass and southern Nova Scotia. Talk about the middle of nowhere...
joykatleen chapter 10 . 11/27/2010
"Not many people around here who talk to me like that."

Larkin shrugged. "I'm a temp. At the end of this I scuttle back to the FBI. What's the worst you could do? Yell at me?"

"Seems to work for most people." Gibbs said, mostly for his own benefit.

Loved the scene with the forensics tech challenging Gibbs' barging in and banging on things. Unusual to find someone calling Gibbs on his passive-aggression. Very nicely done.
smush68 chapter 13 . 8/16/2010
I LOVED this story! You had the characters down to a T - I could hear their voices saying your lines. Great job! I'm new to this site, so I haven't read too many stories, but plan on going back to read everything else of yours.

Fantastic! Keep up the good work!

Smush68
necira-skies chapter 13 . 5/25/2010
great job on this fic. Like the other reviewers, I think that you took a very tough subject and handled it realistically (or, I should say like the show would), keeping everyone in character.
bahnannah chapter 13 . 2/12/2010
i think you did a remarkable job. i sure couldn't have done it. i'm not an angst type of writer. i get too emotional.

i like the fact that her hair grew back in and she didn't dye it back black.
Witchy-grrl chapter 13 . 2/8/2010
YES. YES YES YES YES. You absolutely captured the characters perfectly. I'm all teary-eyed reading the last section of this, because I just feel so proud and happy for Abby and...::happy sigh:: I love it when stories are this good. :D AMAZING JOB!
Mochi-girl chapter 13 . 1/18/2010
I read your work, less for the NCIS connection and more because you authored a Bones Fan Fic, Variations on s Theme (you can read my comments over there).

It goes without saying, I really enjoyed this. You do write well and are a really great story teller.

Having watched the show (but not obsessively) and being familiar with the characters, you really brought them to life. Each, with their distinct personalities, you SHOWED us how they think, behave and feel instead of writing a laundry list of personality quirks we already know.

Your story had a pace to it that I really appreciate. My one consistent complaint about many fan fics is the author won't conclude and after we get to know the who, what, where, when and why, they don't finish it. I don't need a psychological breakdown (the story should have already told us that) on why these people are flippin' out. (Just me.)

Also, you took a very sensitive and serious subject and didn't titilate (does that make sense?) and use rape as a vehicle to fall in love (kinda hate that scenario). And finally, your story made sense, I have read many a fic that was well written and enjoyable, but it didn't make sense in the real world, in the tv world or in the written world.

As a side note, I'm a Seattle-ite and I know that the environment creates wonderful writers. I'll look forward t more, so please, keep at it!
cinders001 chapter 13 . 11/1/2009
it was very well written the last part was a bit disorienting but overall i really liked it :)
cup-o'-sweet-T.E.A chapter 13 . 9/30/2009
Wow, this was a really good story. It was full of emotion, and I feel that you did a really good job with your research, and the way you wrote it. Good job! I congratulate you! Please write more NCIS stories!
Gamine Madcap chapter 13 . 8/23/2009
Congrats on taking a sticky theme and spinning a truly captivating and impressive story. Normally, rape/comfort stories are cliche, especially when dealing with characters like Abby. I wasn't sure about this one when I started it. But you kept me reading til the end. Keep up the great work.
BohemianSerenity chapter 13 . 8/10/2009
That was a really enjoyable read (and i'm a person with fairly high standards.)

Character integrity is something very important to me; and you generally were very true to the original characters. Well done.

I also think you explored the subject in a respectful and thoughtful but innovative way.

The last section... "these are the moments they mark..." was my favorite. "The return of hope is a moment shoved amongst a jumbled rush of misplaced keys and coffee and late that propels her past a strange male human with nothing more than a harried annoyance" was a beautiful sentence-so evocative of the way normal life catches us by surprise sometimes.

Thanks for all of the effort you put in. I hope it was worth it to you!
sexycazzy chapter 13 . 8/6/2009
just finished reading the story, and i must say - wow. you wrote all the characters perfectly, and well done on the scenes with abby getting over the rape, and everything.

looking forward to reading some more of your stories.
kangaleigh chapter 2 . 8/6/2009
Loving the story so far. You have the characters down so perfectly. I'm going to have to read more of it later since its 4 am, but I wanted to review now. Also, I enjoy your author notes.