Reviews for Somewhere Beyond the Musical Notes
winds.of.mystery chapter 4 . 1/24/2010
awn i feel so bad for Oishi!

you write really well, i could really get into the story

keep writing!
Frog-kun chapter 4 . 1/20/2010
Standard shounen ai fare. That was all I could think as I read through your story. Nothing about it seems to be at all groundbreaking or original. You seem to put more emphasis on the pairing than on the characters that make up the pairing. A lot of the story is just wishful thinking, although I can't fault you for that since all shounen ai stories are like that.

That said, I did enjoy chapter 4. The first three chapters were taken up with useless scenes, so I liked the change of pace chapter 4 brought. In particular, I liked Tezuka's reaction to Oishi's confession because it seemed rather characteristic of him.

As for your writing style, I think it's readable and flows well enough, yet there's a distinct lack of detail. You flit over the description as if it's an uncomfortable subject and you fail to properly explain people's feelings. Sure, Oishi's feelings are brought up, but it's like he's in a doujinshi: you only hear one or two thoughts from him at key moments. It just seems lazy, as if he's not having an active presence in the story. In all honesty, Eiji seems to steal the show. I advise putting the emphasis where it's needed and if a scene seems important, do add more detail. It's vital.

All in all, not a bad story, as far as shounen ai literature goes. I didn't go into this thinking I'd find some brilliant literature and I was right. Don't take it personally. I can see this appealing to the yaoi fangirls, though.
Sakurakitty2 chapter 3 . 12/19/2009
Aw this was a cute chapter. ;D Liked it, especially the last few lines. And hey there might not be many of us, but we're still here. ;) And liking this fic. And yesh I'll be back next chapter. XD
winds.of.mystery chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
heyy! luv the fic! :D im pretty interested in seeing whats gunna happen hehe *evil face*

ps ora ora is just a phrase used to pump someone up, its not really anything special xP
Sakurakitty2 chapter 2 . 8/24/2009
I see what you did with the groups. XD Awesome chapter too, I loved it. :3
person chapter 1 . 8/23/2009
This story is noce awesome pair, never expected oishi and teuka, if you need some song, aozu and cap to bin has awesome song, each sang by the seigaku members.
Wisteria-Child chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
:( that was a bit sad for oishi...

hm... though, I'm not a fan of this pairing...i can't really picture them out together that way...

but this is interesting

Update soon~!

:D
Sakurakitty2 chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
Kya~ x3 I loved the beginning. :3 It was very good. Especially that last part with Oishi...I mean he's the mother and Tezuka's the father...SO THEM BEING TOGETHER IS LOGICAL IN MY MIND! :B :) Plus they are cute together~

And I totally don't mind you using FujiRyo/EijiRyo/FujiEiji for humor purposes XDD As long as things remain like you said and we don't have a serious love triangle of some sort starting (that would probably take any too much attention from the original plot anyways), I think lightens things up at times :D

Oops I rambled XD Sorry, I'll just be alerting this fic now :3