Reviews for weTwins
Julefor chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
I loved Melanie in iTwins and really don't understand why so many people didn't. I wish something like this could be done on the show, the ending of iTwins felt incomplete to me.

Loved the story, the great reveal and Freddie's willingness to apologize to Melanie. You wrote her grace and kindness pretty well, something that was kind of rushed in the show.

I found the background story of their childhood fascinating, although I wish there was more details about what made Sam and Melanie "flipped", but I'm a greedy person.

Loved the parallels and the differences in their personality, you did an excellent job of portraying it. Melanie's last line, total win. It had me laughing out loud, especially the "honeyed tone with the note of something acidic" description. I'm glad I found this buried treasure. I totally agree with Melanie on that thought.
Butterfree chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
Great, THANK YOU. I've never understood why Melanie being real had been such a kick in the shin for the majority of the icarly population. I first watched the episode when I was a neutral and found it hilarious and great, and I still found it hilarious and great after becoming a Seddie shipper. If someone said that they didn't like the episode because Freddie was going too far and HE was left in the dark in the end, or that WE were left in the dark of really knowing anything about Melanie, then fine. But it annoys me so much when some say they just hate her for existing.

I'm sure most of the Seddie population wouldn't have been as upset about the whole Melanie being real thing if Dan had (or were to sometime in the future) include a scene similar to this where we not only get a conclusion on the twin thing, but can get one for Melanie's character too.

You handled everything she said very well, and definetly developed from that whole 'perfect twin has a crush on boy while boy likes the violent twin' cliche to something that is actually more unique and special for iCarly. I'm definetly glad that you didn't avoid including that obvious attraction Melanie had for Freddie in the episode, yet at the same time didn't over-play it either. In fact, the way you sort of altered the reasoning behind it to be admiration for him for being a 'treasure' was very sweet, since Freddie's sincerity throughout the series is anything but fake (he is one of the main characters afterall, and we don't get a lot of those).

Basically my whole content with Melanie being real is simply from how much of a twister this adds to everything we had known about Sam's life back in season 2. Twisters are fun; sunny days are boring. That and, simply having Sam reveal that it really was a prank and have her pull out a secret wardrobe of 'Melanie clothes' would've been just as easy for Dan to do. Once most people get past the fact that what they wanted (*cough* Sam kissing Freddie *cough*) didn't happen, then Melanie's a pretty good flavouring for the spaghetti...and you REALLY expressed that well here. Especially her last lines.

Thanks a lot for the read and good luck with any future writting!

TwisterKirby
seejayy chapter 1 . 10/16/2010
I kind of like to think that Melanie was messing with him there, maybe because the awesomeness that Sam would have to contain to pull something like that off is a little disturbing. Either way, awesome story! Thanks for writing!
scryoko chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
Oh, that was brilliant. I loved the things you used to show the parallels between Melanie and Sam. I didn't think *too* much of Melanie when I saw the episode but I loved how you made her more three-dimensional. I also loved how Freddie kept losing himself, reeling from what he keeps finding out as well. Best of all that makes this even more satisfying is the fact that, "Yes, damn it, I found a really well written fic in the iCarly fandom that was a thoroughly enjoyable read."
Camy99 chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
I think I was left just as brain-ninja'd as Freddie o_0 but twas pretty awesome [ I'm still trying to gather my thoughts together and figure out what just happened... but I'm pretty sure it was awesome lol
have-a-cookie chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
Amazing...although now I wonder if it was really Sam in the Groovy Smoothie PRETENDING to be Melanie...

-sigh-

So confusing...but good, really good.
teasers chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
Good story, wouldn't mind more.
Rosel chapter 1 . 10/7/2009
I liekd this, butI'm confused at the end. was that really Sam or Melanie?
TwilightxSeduction chapter 1 . 10/3/2009
Brilliant! I'm so confused, but this was by far my favorite iCarly one-shot I've read thus far. Great job.
manitilde chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
that was great

nothing more to say than that
Bladed Darkness chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
Haha, go Melanie! Seriously, the last line was such a great punch line.
Cassandra's Paradox chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
This is amazing. Honestly, I love your writing style and I love fanfictions centered around Melanie. And the very last line makes me wonder whether it was Melanie or Sam in the Groovy Smoothie at all! Gah, I think I just fell over with the amazingness.

Sequel or continuation? More Melanie stuff? Please?
OrionTheHunter chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
Nice, thanks for writing this.
Whirlwind18 chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
Woah. Oh man, that was crazy. I'm so glad I found a fanfic about Melanie that I really enjoyed. I think the nature of the way this is written is similar to the way the episode was itself... it has that wwhat? quality about it.

Anyway, this is great. Nice work :)
Smart Alex chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
This. Oh, man, I think this ninja'd MY brain, too. That last line made me wonder, was it really Melanie? Or was it Sam being Melanie? Or are they just that similar? Either way, the ending hit me hard. I definitely enjoyed the whole story, and I really liked all the game metaphors you had going on. :) Spencer's "please, hold the applause" line was fantastic, too.