Reviews for The Power of the Beast
Random Reader chapter 2 . 10/15/2011
Please update soon pretty please I might keelover if you don't. Do you want that on our counciense that you let some dude die because you didn't update ?
annea101 chapter 2 . 11/12/2010
update sooooon ill diiieee from the suspense if you dont
Taijen chapter 2 . 9/6/2010
cant wait to see beast boy using martial arts
Taijen chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
interesting
origin of summoners chapter 2 . 1/16/2010
could be a good fic. hope you contiune to update.
Templar of Honor chapter 2 . 10/13/2009
Well It has definitely got me interested. I like the fact that for the most part you are still in character with the titans. That is one thing I always look for in these stories. Originality should be left to OCs, but already defined characters like the titans should not be tampered with to make them seem as a completely different problem.

This is something that almost everyone who writes is told. At some points you are telling the story and not showing it. The first half was just a recount of what happened over the weekend, something that i really didn't find interesting even if it was explained through dialogue. In my own opinion I would be satisfied with that left out. Its best you you choose a character a focus on his/her perspective(like star in the beginning) and then show the reactions and responses of the other characters. (you did that well, the topic of discussion was just uninteresting) Then you can move on to another character's perspective so you get the sense of relationship between characters. (like with robin and BB.) I really did get the feel of Robin or BB as a matter of perspective. This is the tell I was talking about.

I am a writer and 99% of all my beginnings are all me telling a story rather than showing it. I can revise as much as I want and still get the same result. As you continue, and the plot thickens and you progress further, everything will fall into place. I would also like a little more relation between characters. You did well with Star and Robin, but the others are lacking in their relationships with each other. BB/Cy, BB/Rae, CY/Rae, you get the gist of it.

AS a quick recap: good job staying character, keep it up. Work on character relations and interactions (its early I know.) Keep all titans involved, each and everyone one of them is an important member. (I hate it when people just drop off titans like Cy or BB and just focus on one or two characters.) I can understand if BB is the main focus, but let the others have some limelight too. Show not Tell. (You have great imagery though!)And I am interested in the conflict that is aroused at the end, so update soon. It's your choice to apply any of my suggestions or not, but hope they helped.
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 2 . 10/5/2009
I really like this so far. I like how you are taking your time and really formulating the plot; far too many authors try to jump into the thick of their story before setting up the structure of it, and it usually detracts from their story. You managed to avoid that fatal flaw. You did a good job keeping them all in character and the dialogue was spot on. I look forward to more soon!
BabelBeni chapter 2 . 10/5/2009
Oh please please please please please please please please please please PLEASE continue! This is an awesome story, and I just can't wait to continue reading it! The characters are not OOC at all, everything seems just plain GREAT, and frankly, I'm addicted. :D

Critique: In the show, whenever it shows them training, they're in their uniforms, not gym clothing. And anyways, I've read in a lot of fanfics, and it's also hinted at in the show, that it's kinda hard for BB to shift in normal clothing. I can't think of anything else, this is a really good story you have here.

Keep writing,

Beast Boy Rox 4-Eva
The Flying Frog chapter 2 . 10/4/2009
*snirk* Nice Dragonball Z Reference with Cyborg's attack. Now I'm not attacking you or anything, it's all cool.
morring star chapter 2 . 10/4/2009
keep feeding the beast that is fanfiction adicts
Lg chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
please make this into a full story. the idea sounds great.
DISCOV1 chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
This story looks like it could be interesting. Give us more to go with and explain the mysteries surrounding this new Beast Boy.
Henrich chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
Very good, keep up the good work
Cylor chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
Good characterization and team banter. This looks promising.
Ryuneko-chan chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
Sounds like an interesting read, and I'm glad that all the characters are in character. I can't wait for the next chapter. :)