Reviews for The Last Link
nevernetherland chapter 1 . 2/20/2014
I loved this. This was great. Fantastic beginning. I would have liked a thorough fic with more chapters. But even as this I enjoyed it. It's always the good stuff that end quick man.
Rose1948 chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
*chuckles* Those who post idiotic reminders along the "How DARE You?!" and "Didn't you realize that..." have souls? Or even minds that think along the higher levels? Somehow I doubt it.

Just came across this little gem and I just wanted to say how very much I enjoyed reading it. People DO change over time-even anime/manga character-type people. We grow, authors grow, and so do the characters the authors create.

Thanks for sharing.
Scott Tettamble chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
Very nice story. It's a pity that you ended it there, though. I think you really could have gotten some milage out of this story, and I would dearly love to see it continued.
James chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
Very Believeable and would actually make a nice little one shot anime episode if followed just as you wrote it and given to the right people to actually create it, it is good to be back online again and look foward to finishing a few other of your stories, Thirteen was very interesting, never would have thought of a story like that and that made it even more fun to read instead of the same old story lines that i have seen before. i look foward to seeing more from you and if you have no problems with it when you create a new story i would love to know about it. My email address is .

A adamant reader,

James
Dark Vizard447 chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
Ain't nothing wrong with making Shinji OOC. Personally I love those stories where he is. Especially where he is the complete opposite of what he is in the anime and manga. Brave, confident, outgoing, and looking at the positives in life. I just don't understand why writers like to keep him as shy, weak, scared little stick boy whose to afraid of standing up to his own bastard father and a red evil devil who treats him like garbage and actually likes her. Dark and angsty fics I can understand, but come on people. Its a good way for him to stick it to Gendo and defy him at every turn for trying to break him.
blackdeathmessenger chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
good story, though i am going to wonder what actually happens when they get drunk.
o chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
Well done
Xardion chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
Hmm. This is okay, but Shinji seems a bit OOC for me... (Hold on, hold on, I'm teasing, I'm teasing! Please don't repossess my soul!) Seriously speaking, this is an absolutely great fanfic. It would have to be for me to read it over and over and every time have a smile on my face.

Great with the driving trip, the teasing and flirting (I don't think Shinji will ever have a hot shower again), their return to Tokyo-3 (takes real guts to return to the place that put them through seven stages of hell), and when Shinji confessed to them all (Very heartwarming. It is a different story when it is actually said).

In short, a truly wonderful story. _

Reading again...
Hobbes221 chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
great stuff man, the rust is not only broken but totally destroyed! Would love for some one shots from this world if you ever feel so inclined. Well done.
gunman chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
Love the story. Gonna add it to my Favorites List.

Nope, no rust on this story or author.

The whole thing was very dramatic and serious, but there was alot of light-hearted comedy and even some semi-romance. Nice combination.

It seems to be mostly Shinji/Misato, which is fine, really.

And nice to see that Asuka and Rei has changed, and even became friends.

And you have set this up for a very nice future chapter.

An M-rated, lemon story with all of them, of course.

Write on!
Phantom 4 Life chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
All I can say is . . . magnificent. . . . . .

-P4L
OrionPax09 chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
I must say, it's great to hear from you again, Fifth Horseman. I know life can be hectic, but I've missed these interesting little takes on life you provide us. And the wonderful Shinji/Misato moments as well.

This is an excellent story that really gives us a look at the charecter and qualities of Shinji and the others. And the kind of story we really don't see enough of.

What else can I say? Except that I look forward to more of the same, and that I can hope that I can manage this level of quality myself.
Tobi the Good Boy chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
Dude, if anyone says your 'losing your touch' they should be dragged out into the street and shot. This was very well done, and still a great piece, even if its been a while since you wrote anything major, you havent lost your touch one bit. Despite the characters being nothing like they were in the series, its like you said, IT'S FOUR YEARS LATER! If you spend that much time around other people, its going to change you, no doubt about it.

Rei becoming more human, Asuke becoming more tame, Misato moving on with her life, and Shinji stepping up to the plate for once. They were chewed up and spat out by Tokoyo 3, but they werent swallowed. They held in there, and they made it through.

As always, I loved the way you wrote Misato. Your one of the only 4 people on this site that can actually write her. Sure, most people capture the fun loving and mischivious side to her that we all know and love, but you dont ignore her darker side, the shame she felt for her actions. Using children to fight, spoiling herself with Kaji, and your the first person I've ever seen write her last kiss for what it truely was, a underhanded bribe to kick Shinji in the backside and make him fight. I could easily see her regretting that kiss after having time to think about what it was she was doing.

My only complaints are actually very small. The first is Asuka and Rei. If you had only had them in brief mentioning and not connected with Shinji and Misato it might have been a little bit better. They felt sort of squeezed in. On the other hand, if you really wanted to have them fit in as you were trying, you should have given them more 'air time'. Like have a seperate scene while Shinji and Misato were out involving them, like at 'the class reps' discussing how things have changed between them, or just out shopping or something. They had too much screen time to fit as minor characters, but not enough to fit in as main characters...if that makes any sense.

The second and last issue I have is that this just feels incomplete. Like 'Letters' before it, its just not done yet. Not pushing solely for the lemon that would most certianly be in it (not entiraly) but it just feels...like its missing that final closing moment. We know their moving on with their lives, but we havent seen them actually do it. It would be a form of clouser for readers to see them actually moving fowards, that way we would know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they have. As it is now, there is the lingering possibility of relapse for them. So, as I said, my only suggestion would be to write a second chapter, one that might possibly show us several various passages of time, like them that night (I had to fit that in somewhere lol) then a year later, then five years later, then ten years later, you get the picture. Show us that they have not only started to change, show us HOW they have changed.

*whew*

Hope that made sense lol. I really did enjoy reading this. I actually NEEDED it, it gave me a good kick in the backside that I needed. Funny how when things look gloomy, I find these stories that just cheer me up, so I thank you for that.

I look foward to seeing your next work, whatever it might be. And sorry for taking so long to post this, yesterday was just a bit hecktic.

Till next time, Ja Ne!

Tobi's a good boy!
eva-bleach-tenchi-fan chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
great chapter i hope there is more. i love misato shinji stories especially well written ones. i thought you did an excellent job with how the characters would be 4 years after third impact they have grown and opened up but it isn't like a complete and "fake" change. they are still haunted by their pasts and have issues. They seem very real in your story unlike some of the other years later fics. looking forward to more chapters
RI100014 chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
The only thing I could think about for the first five or so paragraphs was what it would be like for Shinji once all these girls get beaus. I mean, three girls fonding over you might be kind of fun, and a boost to a previously dwindling self image, but once they eventually hit their stride again, and started bringing the boys home, it would get old, fast. Even if he brought his own girls back, it would get old, fast. And then I would not envy his position for even a second. Shinji, imo, is sitting on a spoiling egg, that's just waiting to crack.

Still an interesting story.

Till next time... adios.