Reviews for In the Summertime
LETS GO KILL VOLDEMORT chapter 34 . 11/26/2011
I love this! It's awesome, but I have a question. What about Harry and Ronniekinns? Their important too!
Akhilesh Purekar chapter 18 . 10/23/2011
Ya, hey this is nice and all but I don't get the point. It's basically a survey of Parvati's whole year. At times the sentence structure hinders the meaning but I feel I still understand most of what you're saying. This survey is way too short anyways, why didn't you include Harry asking Parvati out...I'm sure that would've lit a fire under Padma's heart according to how you portrayed both characters emotionally.
Shot Down in Dark chapter 21 . 1/22/2010
I'm loving it so far. Keep going, please!
TheWordFountain chapter 34 . 12/22/2009
:) There's just one thing I could think about while reading this piece.

Doctor Who? Aha! That was so awesome. Great job, it was a subtle mention, but was enough for me to know what it was, and feel extremely cool.
TheWordFountain chapter 33 . 12/22/2009
This was a really good piece, but mostly because of its originality. There are many amnesia stories, but this is written for a NextGen character and seems to be only a small piece of James' life. The ending is slightly sad, as he left her to go find his family, but it's also happy because he was able to go see his family again. This bittersweet ending was perfect, and I enjoyed it a lot. Great job.
TheWordFountain chapter 32 . 12/22/2009
This was a great read, especially since Merope's feelings and actions were always so interesting to me - I always wanted to have them embellished, as I'm sure many others have. You did an insanely great job doing this - especially giving her character as she read books about magic at night and was the complete opposite of her family.

Great job. :D
TheWordFountain chapter 31 . 12/22/2009
This was another great piece. I liked Susan's comment about bravery the most, which seemed to show that Hufflepuff's weren't Duffers - even if said very simply - and that they had some qualities that were important. Plus, the fact that Susan said that bravery was what had killed many she knew, and that she didn't want to be brave, seemed to fit Susan's ideas after everything that she had been through. Anyway, great job.
TheWordFountain chapter 30 . 12/22/2009
I really like the parallelism that was used in this piece between Rapunzel and Andromeda. The beginning and last paragraph were especially interesting and seemed to make me feel as if it was about having fun. Instead, it was about much more than that, which I really appreciated. Great job.
TheWordFountain chapter 29 . 12/22/2009
I've never read a fic about Ariana, which is why I love RL projects - because I always run into fics about new characters, which is always interesting.

The number one thing I liked about this was the love Ariana had for Abe and Dumbledore, along with the addiction of Gellert later on. Leaving the story at what seems to be infinite happiness is really touching, and sympathy-inducing, because all of the readers know what happens later on.

Because of that, however, I really liked this piece all the more. Great job.
TheWordFountain chapter 28 . 12/22/2009
This piece was great mostly because I got to read about the aftermath of the war on characters other than George, Neville, Harry, etc. Also the fact that Michael had been maimed was a great touch, because it evoked a strange sense of pity that I otherwise would not have felt for a smaller character like him.

Great job.
TheWordFountain chapter 27 . 12/22/2009
I liked this a lot, especially because it was from Fred's point of view, and the story was extremely unique in being while he was in Heaven. Also, I liked how his main focus was a girl and not George, which is what many would have written of. I think it gave this piece a bit of depth to Fred and who he was, as opposed to pointing out the obvious about how close he was to George. Great job! :)
TheWordFountain chapter 26 . 12/22/2009
I think this was a very important piece, because there aren't many that have George reflecting on Fred with an older version of his son. Usually "Freddie" is very young, but in this piece, I have to say having him older meant a lot more. He was old enough to understand the importance of the sunset to George, and to have realizations about Uncle Fred, which is why I thought this piece was a lot more effective than any of the others. Great job.
TheWordFountain chapter 25 . 12/22/2009
I liked this piece for many reasons. The different important moments of summer Hugo had, and how he categorized them, and also because the time went backwards from 2028 to 2022. I thought that was an extremely nice, unique touch that definitely made it stand out, and almost seemed to make Hugo's growth a bit different than it would have been if read the other way.

Although, there is one thing that I would love to know - and that's exactly why the summer of 2028 was death. It was confusing, and I am extremely interested in that piece of this fic.

Great job!
TheWordFountain chapter 24 . 12/22/2009
I liked seeing the brotherly feelings that James had for Sirius because I feel that too often in Marauders fics they don't really act like brothers, but more like best friends. In this one, however, the joy and happiness that seemed to burst from James seemed like a very brotherly feeling and made me really like this piece. Great job.
TheWordFountain chapter 23 . 12/22/2009
I've never read a piece about Sirius running away from his family - although it does seem like a poignant moment in his life - but I haeve to say that I really liked this piece. I never realized that Sirius had to have felt some kind of fear while running away, and that he might've felt so anguished over his whole life. This piece seemed to tell me that, and I really liked it. :)