Reviews for Ashes to Ashes
Selective scifi junkie chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
Love this.

I wrote something where Daniel came down from on high to help Sam when she was in trouble
angelthree117 chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
That is such an awesome story! I wish i had your talent, but i dont. I can practically see a little sam playing in the dirt, and jacob helping her wash up. You have such a gift with words. I love the wizard of oz, and i'll never look at the afternoon sunlight the same way. This was a very sweet, very sad, very... i don't know. It's kind of beyond words. And i am soo jealous of your writing skills.
hajimebassaidai chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
A beautiful, and deeply unreviewed, story. I love emotional explorations. A perfect situation for Daniel turn up for Sam. He didn't turn up when the danger was merely physical, that there was a risk that they could die. He turned up for Jack and Teal'c instead when they were going to lose their minds. That is what is at risk here, Sam's mind. The thing that Daniel treasures most in himself, especially since he nearly lost it, and what Sam must surely treasure most about herself. He helped Teal'c inside his head so he would know that what Sam needed most was first silent companionship and then to see herself clean again. A brilliant exploration of Sam's character, giving her real depth and a great reason for why she could never get close to Jack. Brilliant!
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
Yay! I love it! Awesome!
WhiteElfElder chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
I expect that this is a pretty good look at Sam's psyche for a majority of the seasons...except maybe 10 where she seemed to be constantly digging at Daniel for one thing or another.
BettyHall223 chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
Very good.
BlindingFirefly chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
Oh, wow. I...wow. I loved how you described the dirt and her father holding her up to the sink. I'd forgotten that. The way you describe things never ceases to amaze me. How do you make bird poop glamorous? And the way you showed Jack and Daniel being across from each other - one she could touch and one she could not - astounding. I love this!

Of course, what's funny is that Daniel once tried to fool a Go'auld ship into thinking he was the great and powerful Oz...
samfan9 chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
I think you have used imageries brilliantly to evoke powerful emotions. I could almost taste Sam's despair, pain and suffering. Great going! Can't wait for the next chapter.