Reviews for Summer of '88
chris1210 chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
omg, this was awesome. LOL
AStoryReader chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
So, I'm reviewing as I'm reading, because I want to be able to talk about stuff without forgetting. I already love the exposition of your one-shot. The fact that it's EPOV already puts you in major favor with me. And the second line just about killed me with amusement. It's true. I think it's safe to say a majority of women think that when they think "Edward Cullen". Maybe even a few men.

And I find your writing style very effective for getting laughs. M. I'd be insulted by the fact that Edward called the audience whores, but it's Edward Cullen. I'm also sure women would love to be his whore.

I just about died when I read "'Can I see that again?'"

Hilarious that she took precautions and actually changed in the bathroom after the shower. Poor Edward wasn't able to get a glimpse of her naked...funny how with his pervy behavior, he can still do no wrong in my book.

And boy, he's not gracious at all about seeing her naked again, really. Hahaha. Taking all the towels. Clever woman, running to get her own towel. And then him begging! That's just too hilarious for words.

I love that in this fic, he's declared Alice as the Anti-Christ, and pawns off never getting to know Bella naked earlier on Alice's evilness.

"Then she would strip down and we could have naked sex." Oh goodness, he's so deluded. And he's right. He is pretty awesome.

But I did feel bad for him when Bella rejected him for the umpteenth time and he went to have some alone time with himself.

Oh goodness, your story is really killing me. It's 2 a.m. now and I'm currently trying to soothe the ache in my ribs because I've laughed so hard reading Edward's little monologue to Bella about her being perfect, it hurts. And then afterward, when he just backed away because he was paranoid about getting punished for her crying...priceless!

Your conversational style is just so amazing. And hilarious. I have one more thing to say about your one-shot, and to quote you: "'Ung okay, thank you.'"

You totally got my vote, and this is going to my faves. Thanks for sharing this fuckawesome one-shot with us.
JustAMockingbird chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
great story really different from shadowboxer so yeah!
strawdogt chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
Okay, honestly? This was hilariously written. Well done :)
my2galspal chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
Merciful high heavens, that was the funniest thing I have read in eons! How did you manage to turn Edward into a cross between Jim from American Pie and the guys in Porky's and still make him sexy? I could quote lines that made me laugh all day but unfortunately I don't' have that kind of time. Let's just say you did a fantastic job and I don't know where your crazy little mind came up with it all.

Thanks for sharing your writing and best of luck in the contest. Now - get your butt back to the computer and write me some more about Fightward. I miss him so much.
1995tofu-vampire chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
Your version of Edward Cullen reminds me so much of Jace Wayland from the Mortal Instruments Series (City of Bones).

They're both pretty much self-loving, sexy, conceited idiots and I love both of them!

Great story, I really love it, and you've got my vote:)

xo
Creampuf99 chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
This was so f*ing hilarious... I love how concieted and delusional The Edward Cullen is. Hot and funny, my favorite so far. You should consider writing a companion piece in BPOV, I would love to read that and I will put you on my authors alert in hopes that you will! Great Job!
marigold123 chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
Fuckawesome! Edward Cullen is fuckawesome! LMFAO!

Funny, sexy, witty, brilliant! Was an absolute blast to read!

thank you!
kArlITaLUna chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
this was fucking awesomenes... as only Edward Cullen can delived LOL
russiandoll81 chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
An absolutely great one shot. Funniest thing I've ever read. I wouldn't mind reading more of 80s Edward.
Snix1974 chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
Hey I LIKED this, *biting lip and grinning from ear to ear*.

I'm thrilled you made him a bit older 'cause there's nothing worse than enjoying 'time' with The Cullen Himself and he's only 17, that doesn't make me feel too good at all! Bahaha

Thanks for sharing all your awesomeness!

x x
arreyn emme chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
great voice. I love 80s edward. Hahaha keep it up!
apples4 chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
this was hilarious. one of the funniest things i've read on here. great edward!
Anna Diamond chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
oh man this was brilliant! i was cracking up the whole time!
kaypgirl chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
So, when exactly is he "telling" the story (I liked the explained actions, pretty funny), since he's engaged to Bella. Is it a few months later, considering if it was now he'd be a really weird 40 year old. And it is weird how the site gave it one thousand extra words.
179 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »