Reviews for Destiny
Guest chapter 3 . 12/18/2013
A little too long...and too short of a plot
BrightGreenNails chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
Pretty good ending mon ami... actually I dont know if I should call you that but, hey!
LOTRcool chapter 3 . 6/2/2013
You write beautiful. I love it! :)
Guest chapter 3 . 2/22/2013
amazing story!
thank you for sharing a difficult situation.
this story could speak to many people who have lost limbs and are discouraged.
please find a way to share this with paraplegic or amputee support groups...
I am sure they would appreciate it.
Keji chapter 3 . 7/24/2010
You just got to love Aragorn, eh? lol, not someone to give up on his goals, I could just hug him to pieces. Him trying to make Legolas see that not all is lost.

Very hearfelt.

And Aragorn assuring him that no matter what, he still wants him by his side! WAAAHHH! Legolas could be so hard headed. He is lucky to have such a friend. *sigh*

Your writing hits the mind soooo nicely, Tinu. I have always always enjoyed reading a new story from you, knowing that in each story, it would be full of emotions and friendship, and it would show a new meaning to the word.

This story being inspired by true events, heartbreaking, and much more so knowing that it ended up differently than the story.
Keji chapter 2 . 7/24/2010
Ai ai!

Wow, I mean, WOW. It's heartbreaking to see Legolas like this. Already seeming to lose hope and not seeing beyond the injury... WAAAHH!
Keji chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Phew, couldn't leave a review for this story before because of some internet troubles.

This first chapter had me SO worried, I couldn't think of what was wrong, what had happened for Aragorn and Nestadren to be so worried. Many possibilities went through my head, and believe me, each one of them worse than the last lol.

Very suspenseful.
StarLight9 chapter 3 . 8/29/2009
Hi Tinu! I’m sorry I haven’t read and reviewed in ages; there were some bad news at home and I wasn’t much in the mood to go online for a while, but now I’m ready to get lost in your amazing writing – I have really, really missed your works and now I’m happy to come back. Although it seems this story won’t be happy at all – hmm, why am I not surprised!

I love your Nestraden. Few authors have created original characters that I’m attached to as much as to the canon ones, and he is one of them. He is as much of a mother hen as Thranduil :-)

And it is good to see humour before things get dark! I can imagine how hard it must be for poor Aragorn to have to be informed in detail about several millennia to be able to have a normal conversation with some elves! But I have the feeling the humour won’t last long. I love the idea of the King’s house, by the way, it definitely seems like a better place to live than the caverns, and certainly one that Legolas would prefer.

Hahaha, no, I was wrong, the humour goes on and on, despite the gravity of the situation! I love Nestraden’s secret messages with Aragorn, informing him of Legolas’s real state of health, as well as the ranger’s suspicions that the elf had been in a secret correspondence with Halbarad! I can imagine this absurd, and yet believable situation – the four secretly exchanging messages because Legolas and Aragorn can never learn the truth from each other :-)

And you go on keeping your poor readers in suspense about Legolas’s injury! My guess so far is that it’s some arm injury that will prevent him from using a bow. But whatever it is, as long as it makes our elf in need of a good friend and comfort, it is most welcome!

I love the Queen’s garden and the King’s house. I know that they are /your/ residence now and that trespassers are not welcome, but could I somehow bribe you to let me come visit? ;-)

Aw, the acorn and the leaf! So that’s where they come from!

So I was right, it’s the arm. I love Aragorn’s feeling, as irrational as it might be, that all will be alright at the end as long as they are together *sigh* If only things worked so easily! But then again, it is true that even if things never get better, Legolas will feel much, much better with his friend by his side, so there is some truth in Aragorn’s thought. But of course in this case things certainly will turn out well at the end because although the author might be cruel to our beloved elf and ranger, she always makes sure everything ends well :-) It’s great that Legolas still doesn’t know that Aragorn is here, the surprise will do him good. Can’t wait to see his reaction – on to Chapter 2! (that’s the good thing about reading a story after all chapter have been posted :-D)

Ha – Legolas knows Aragorn is there, I should have known :-)

/“What I would be more interested in is knowing why you did not send me a message.”/ - a very good question! Sometimes I have the feeling that Aragorn can be quite sensible if he wants to. Oh well, maybe it’s more like he can be sensible when it concerns his friend, but not when it concern himself :-) I believe he wouldn’t have sent a message either if their roles were reversed, and then Halbarad would have had to take action! Seriously, if our dear heroes weren’t surrounded by so many mother hens, I doubt they would have lived so long!

Great and terrifying description of the wound, one can almost feel it. But most of all you have managed to show that the wound is wrong, unnatural, and doesn’t belong there, like a discord in a melody.

/“I barely did anything,”/ - oh, but he did, and he did more than the brief healing trance. I suspect his presence is a greater comfort for Legolas than the relief of the pain.

It is indeed incredible how so small things, such short moments of good or bad luck, could change one’s fate. If Legolas had not been struck by that blade all would have been different, or if the blade had gone just a bit deeper, he would not have survived. So at the end only a few centimeters determine everything.

/ You and Mithrandir – and, perhaps, Saruman – are our and Middle-earth’s only hope now./ - ah, the beauty of irony! But Legolas is very wrong to think that he is not a part of that hope too because his friend would not go far without him.

/“And yet, it seems you want me to become like him.”/ - So very true, this was a really good point. Legolas is ready to let Aragorn sacrifice him in order to be the hope of Middle-earth. Very unrealistic expectation as Aragorn would never do that :-)

Sniff, no, no, no, Estel would never get used to going on without his friend. The elf can’t understand that he will never be a hindrance by his friend’s side. Even if he cannot fight, he can still offer support and understanding.

The injury must be very hard for Legolas because this arms means much more than an arm to him. He needs to be able to fight and defend his home, his family, to be able to stand at his friend’s side and know that he will be of help. Several years ago I had an incident and injured my arm, and had it in a sling for two months. For a long time it was painful and showed no improvement at all, and I was worried that it would never heal properly and I won’t be able to use it. All ended well, but I still remember this and it was a very, very scary thought. And that’s considering that I’m not active at all and I don’t really use my arm for anything useful besides writing and typing, and for simple common things. It must be much worse for Legolas because for him the loss of the arm would mean that he won’t be able to keep safe the ones he loves anymore. What he cannot understand is that he is just as worthy, and can be of just as much help to Aragorn even if he cannot fight.

Aw, of course Aragorn would disagree that there are things more important than Legolas’s fate! The elf needs some shaking right now!

Sniff! Well said, Aragorn. Exactly – the support doesn’t need to be given in battle.

/“and one thing I have always known is that you would be at my side, whatever happened and wherever my path would lead me./ – aw!

/ I do not know what your destiny is, Legolas; but I know it is inseparable from mine.”/ - aw, snif, melt, dreamy sigh, aw, sniff!

/ useless is something you will never be. Not to me.”/ - aw, I want to hug them!

Hahahaha, Legolas’s singing driving the orcs away! This story turns me from tears to laughter in mere seconds!

/ but there is only one place where I want to be.”/ - OK, correction – this turns me from tears, to laughter, and then to aw-ing and melting!

Beautiful, heart-melting story as always! And even if canon didn’t require it, I would still choose the ending to be a happy one!

It is terrible, and yet beautiful, that things like that happen in real life. Terrible because in RL there is no good-hearted author (or canon) to make sure everything ends well after all the trials. Still, it is beautiful that strong friendships really exist. Sometimes I despair that those things we write about – friendship, love, sacrifice, loyalty, courage, devotion – exist only in our dreams and are found only rarely or in much weaker versions in that world we are cursed to live in (while we rightfully belong to Middle-earth). Sometimes it seems that they are not truly natural human traits, and we just want them to be. But then we witness something, something like the case that inspired your story, and it brings back the hope that our world might not be as different from the world of our dreams as we sometimes fear.

It was great to read one of your stories again!

Hugs,

StarLight

P.S. There is something else I want to talk to you about; I’ll send you a PM about it later.
Calril chapter 3 . 8/28/2009
Why didn't I review? Why? Why? What took me so long?

I have no idea.

Of course Legolas is going to heal. Have you ever seen Scary Movie 2? I was imagening Legolas as the butler, with the wierd hand. Right.

I liked the story and I will like your next fics too (or so I hope, you must mess up pretty bad if I don't like them anymore)

I'm looking forward to more, if there is more, and otherwise I'll just be looking forward...

Calril

(What kind of review is this? I honestly don't know...)
Imbecamiel chapter 3 . 8/24/2009
Eep! I actually forgot that I hadn't already left a review for this. And then I was going through my bookmarked list of reminders to myself, and... *headdesk* Oh well, better late than never.

M, this is just beautifully done, though. An appropriate gravity and weight for the situation, not making light of any of it or treating it as less than it is, and yet so filled with hope and wonderful friendship, looking to the future filled with potential and purpose no matter what the ultimate outcome. Just excellent.

Loved this! And I would definitely enjoy seeing an extension of the story, should you choose to do one. :)

- Cami
White Wolf1 chapter 3 . 8/7/2009
You did a superb job of conveying the deep emotion of the scene. Legolas’s despair and Aragorn’s heartfelt attempts to show the elf how important he was, no matter how limited his abilities might end up being. You always do that so well.

"If that is your way of motivating someone, I have to tell you that you need to work on your people skills," I think his people skills are just fine. Don’t you? :o)

”...It would not have made any difference to me if you had been a shoemaker." I think they would have been great friends, no matter which one of them had been a shoemaker.

I really loved the way Aragorn was determined to make Legolas understand his value, both as a warrior and a friend. And the humor was there, as well. “It seems you do not find your way to a bath too often. You seem to be quite good at finding dust, though. And mud." I couldn’t have said that better myself.

I also loved the tree playing favorites. No surprise who it chose to help and who it chose to ensnare. :o)

The ending was delightful, especially after the deep emotions of the story subject.

Reading about the way Legolas adjusts to an archery-ending injury would be intriguing. I vote for some AU sequels.
lindahoyland chapter 3 . 8/4/2009
This was a very moving story of true friendship. I love your descriptions of nature and always feel I'm there.A lovely tribute to your friend.
lindahoyland chapter 2 . 8/4/2009
Poor Legolas. I loved the healing scene with Aragorn.
Ida Cippo chapter 3 . 8/2/2009
Oh Tinu, I am sorry, I am sorry! I certainly did not understand this story was based on real life! I am sorry, I so foolishly thought it was a sequel to another story. I meant no disrespect!

I was actually still smiling at Aragorn's reaction to the "tree huging" when I read your note...

I personnally prefer the story ending how it is now. Of course I would read any continuations you would fit to this story but for me it is complete as it is.

And sincerly I am sure Gondor would accept a King respectful of trees and even wanting to know what trees think. As long as he doesnt start talking out loud to his tree friends, everything should be fine.

It was great, the very subtle way, both the trees and Thranduil were watching over Legolas and approving of Aragorn's way. I do wonder how much the idea of his son chasing orcs with his singing, pleased Thranduil...

Finally, I was also thinking, and thinking, what could Aragorn tell Legolas to make it better. I did not find the right answer as it was given here, but it touched me nevertheless. Indeed Aragorn is in need for his friend not obligatorly for a warrior.

sincerly
Ninfea di Luna chapter 3 . 8/2/2009
this chapter was a little long, but it was interesting to understand the mindset of legolas.

However, I hope the plot goes a little further in the next chapter.
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »