Reviews for Faces
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 8/22/2014
Malta-chan765 chapter 1 . 7/25/2014
This was absolutely amazing. I myself hate USUK, but for some reason I decided to read this and it was really good!
Mihang chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
...I'm kind of in the middle between USUK and RussAme...
But I think Mr. and Mr. Cold War did it for me. RUSSAME IT IS! 8D But this was still angst-ingly adorable, so this too shall fall into my favor. /nods head/
VengefulMothSlayer chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
good stuff!
I personally ship USUK, I thought you did really well.
*fends off RussUS and FrUK with crucifix* Back, foul creatures!
k, loved this, big fan, blah blah.
Confederate America chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
*whips tears and sniffs*

Wow. I loath, hate, cannot stand usuk...v and you made it look like russame...shit I just said that outloud? Crap! ...well, if you dont get my vibe, it means that you did awesome. Beautifully carved into italian masterpeice as usual. Perfextly molded, playes out, and carefully fingured into the touching brotherly love of incest. Bravo
Reda chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
~Quick note: I know this fic is like 2 years old but I made a New Years Resolution of sorts to review what I read no matter what; so here ya go ~

Ah. Well. Hm.

It's so incredibly hard for me to explain why I'm torn about this fic. It's brilliantly written and such a wonderful idea and like most reviewers have already commented very powerful with the moments between England and America (both sides).

However, I do hate how the Confederacy is represented as so evil (because we all, esp. in this day and age, see slavery as evil - even though it wasn't always viewed that way). I just see a possibility here for a more fulfilling read. As many of your reviewers point out, it wasn't all about slavery yadda yadda ~ state's rights but still slavery ~ yadda yadda. I just see it as an issue that is horribly explained in our schools (well, seeing as the Union won and history is written by the victors it doesn't surprise me that the South is so demonized).

Anyway. As much as I could argue (through factual, real family letters; mom being a genealogy freak - especially considering my Mom's ancestors fought in the South and my Dad's ancestors fought in the North and there was actually a battle where they fought each other o.O)... But yeah as much as I can argue about the reasons with the PEOPLE, and not necessarily the governmental or the general feel...

Yeah. You know what. I've always seen it as:

the Union's reason for fighting:slavery is bad

the Confederacy's reason: "you put tariffs on our shit; and you deny us such-and-such; and now you're saying we have to abolish slavery too? You'll kill us man! We can't do that; we cant deal with ALL of that... That's not even Constitutional! Screw you guys we're seceding and forming our own nation since we're so different!"

Union: "Nuh uh - we have to stay as one! We must stay as one! You will be one with us no matter what!" (oh creepy sounds liek Russia when i say it like that o.O)

~~~ That's a very long winded way of me saying I think you could have done MORE with the little split personality. I think you could have done so MUCH more.

(heck my Southern Arkansas ancestors didn't even have slaves - being too effing poor (why is my family always full of poor people wah ;_;) but they still felt the need to sign up, to fight; they didn't even THINK of slavery) so yeah, just had to say that slavery WAS a part of it and a BIG reason - to the North and those rich Southern plantation owner types - but it was IDEALS that the common man fought on and IDEALS make a much more powerful argument and a much more intense split personality argument b/c ideals are usually full of LOTS of passion. I just wish I could've felt the way I honestly personally feel about the Civil War. Torn between the Constitution and the stupid little idiots that used the wrong reason to fight for it.

Ah hah ~

But no, really, I enjoyed it. I just wanted to -really- explain the feeling of a true Southerner. If the Confederate flag didn't have the terrible racial connotations it does today, I'd probably wave it around proudly xD But, alas, it came to represent the one ideal I don't agree with; but what it meant to my ancestors is an entirely different thing and I wish people would just understand THAT side of the coin.

Very sorry for this obnoxiously long rant. Your fic really was brilliantly done. And I love your writing :) Really :)

"I know. I need you. Help me be free. I love you." - Like THAT :D THAT LINE RIGHT THERE ~ Amazazing ~ Heart wrenching ~ Gah ~

Bottles On The Wall chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
D'awwwwww... So FLUFFY! XD Well, except the psychotic America parts, but that just... erm... added to the charm?

Tha' was amazing!
cchosen chapter 1 . 4/30/2011
Well, the Civil War was about states' rights... but it was about states' rights to allow slavery. :/ So.

But anyways, this was amazing! And you mentioned Maryland, yay. All day reppin' MD, lol.
Rain Kayheart chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
Actually, in the beginning, the Civil War was about state's rights, but after the Emancipation Proclamation, I believe, was when slavery became the key issue of the war. Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong! :D

Also, your writing is awesome sauce, and I loved it. Defiantly a favorite!

I also love Seven Little Killers.

Made in Awesome. Not Korea.
Witty Teacup chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
Wow...that was...depressing but amazing. I really liked the way this was written! Sad, but nice :)
pisceanchic101 chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
Nice story.
Jeanne'sWhiteRose chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
i'm crying yet it was sweet. . . ish.
Mamaloot chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
Very nice, the way you portrayed their relationship in this one. Yes, I can imagine Alfred being torn between his country in such a war, because deep down he can't help but feel love for all of his people because they are a part of him.

Very nice, and the USxUK was very sweet...heartwarming.
thehappystalkerball chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
Aw, America! D: D: NU! Don't DIE!

Seriously, though, that was awesome and so emotional and so freakin' descriptive. You really draw the reader in by catching the smallest details. I know some people aren't into getting all the details, but, man, mentioning England's fingers in America's sweat-dampened hair behind his ear... I mean, jeeze, that's pretty intimate. I feel like I'm invading someone's privacy even though I know it's all fictional! So, congrats, because it takes pretty awesome writing skills to get someone to feel that involved! xD

Aw, the Confederate States. I know the Southerners say and say and SAY it wasn't ABOUT slavery, it was really about their rights, etc, etc, etc. I know, for I was born there, nearly all my family lives there (and I mean, DEEP South here, we're not talking Florida, we are talking the Most Hated State. Yes, Louisiana. (Go Saints xD) But, thankfully, I was not raised there and no longer live there. Oh, thank you, Sweet Jesus, though the food was awesome). And my relatives display the Confederate flag and always go on about the South Rising again and how it wasn't about slavery, but please. Slavery was a LARGE part of it. Its funny how something becomes so "minor" once they realize how immoral and hypocritical it was.

WHY any of my family defends the Confederacy is beyond me (and some are sure sensitive about it-and, no, none of my ancestors owned plantations that I'm aware of, so it really does puzzle me. I mean, practically all my family lives in trailer parks-not that that's BAD, but you know, not coming from a long line of richness or well-offness). Seriously, though, karma is a bee-yoth since the South was on par with a Third World Country once it was all said and done. According to my history teacher, anyway. I mean, when all your soldiers don't have shoes...

BUT ANYWAY, I just basically rambled on about that to assure you that I can totally understand why you had America so torn up over the slavery issue even if any others would be so bold as to brush such an important issue aside. I thought it was rather fantastic, the agony of it all, and split personality. It's odd really to think that the US could be two countries if the Confederates had their way. Thank God they didn't. OMG, I could have been born a Confederate. /weeps/

Ehh, Russia was so supportive, huh? xD Thank you, Russia! xDD

I loved how it ended! xD And I loved how England wanted America to stay a whole, but how his heart wasn't the voice of the people! So heart-wrenching! Aw, England! Yes, I think you did the USUK justice. But I mean, I'm pretty easy, and love fluff of all pairings, but I would definitely say you did it justice! xD

Sorry, I rambled like so much and went on and on. I hope I didn't annoy, offend, or irritate in any way whatsoever. Your story is awesomeness! xDD
Halan Lore chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
-whistles- apparently Russia was once 'good'...