Reviews for The Beauty and the Tragedy
life.in.outer.space chapter 18 . 2/7/2011
WOW. This story was amazing, start to finish. Just...wow.
ggggggggggggg chapter 18 . 2/6/2011
That was amazing. The letter at the end made me cry so hard and throughout the rest of the story I kept getting little pangs, you know the ones you get when an author words sorrow so perfectly that the reader feels it themself? Great job, I hope you write many more Bones stories.
plumlj chapter 18 . 1/31/2011
Wow...I have completely soaked through a paper towel. It's rare that a story can make me tear up, but even rarer that it make me sob. Awesome story. Look forward to reading more of your stuff. Thanks!
Kenta Divina chapter 18 . 1/31/2011
Oh my god, I will honestly say that you made me cry three times while marathoning through this story. So glad I was at home when I got to the end.

Beautifully done. You juggled an amazingly complex emotional situation with amazing grace.

Now if only the TV show will follow your example and get back on track.

Thanks for writing this! I'm in love.
bostonlegalgirl chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
There are no words as to how your story moved me. WOW. Seriously talented is all I can say. I absolutely love it!
Jayden chapter 18 . 1/16/2011
Hi

I dont know what to say. Except this story had blown me away. I believe that its almost impossible to write so well without personal experience but I would like to believe that your life isnt that scary, with all the killing and bullets. I really like this story and I hope that yours will turn out similiar to this one. With your own happy ending.
ivegotproblams chapter 18 . 1/6/2011
There are no words to describe this story. I don't ever remember crying so much. Every word, every chapter was just so heart-wrenching and emotional. I could literally feel the pain and the hurt and the bitterness. It dripped from the words. Lovely and haunting and completely pure in its plot. Definitely one of the best stories I've ever read and I'm so thankful you decided to share it with others.
ForeverChanged74 chapter 18 . 1/4/2011
Wow! I can honestly say I have never cried this much reading a story before. It was a very bitter sweet ending I must admit. I was hoping for a fifteen years later update for the epilogue and not Booth's death all over again with Brennan added this time. It was so incredibly sad! Of course I absolutely loved that they were married for forty-seven years and together for fifty, but the ending of their time together was hard to read. I did truly enjoy your story though, even if my favorite characters did end up dying in the end.

Elle
Sara chapter 18 . 1/2/2011
I just wanted to say that your amazing. I laughed, I cried and your amazing. I'm a publisher and this is one of the best stories I have Ever read. Please keep on writing.
esther chapter 18 . 12/31/2010
hey there

i'm a brand new Bones fan, just working my way through season 1 now, and i've gotta say i freaking loved this fic and you deserve many more glowing reviews for it.

this was the kind of delicious angst that was like a guilty pleasure: the wallowing, the crippling grief, the reader's knowledge that IT'S ALL FOR NOTHING BECAUSE HE'S ALIVE O_O, the suspenseful buildup, and the resolution. holy cow.

i just. i just loved this.

thank you for a very enjoyable read.
kimberly l chapter 18 . 12/29/2010
There are tears streaming down my cheeks, you are an awesome writer. This was a terrific story, and trust me, I've spent thousands of dollars on books. You should publish.
Animagus-Steph chapter 18 . 12/29/2010
This was a story I stumbled upon looking at someone's favorite stories.

Honestly, and I mean this, this is the best damn story in the Bones category I have read, and I've lately been quite the connoisseur of such stories. It, to me, felt very very in character with how Bones (in Season 6, anyway) is metamorphosing into this sentient, aware woman. Her confession to Booth in the Doctor in the Photo is such proof of that. It's funny how in S3, we get Bones slapping him at the gravesite, and things proceed as normal. Then, they are separated for seven months with just the *threat* of death, and she comes back ready to tell him she's ready.

Damn that Hannah Burley.

This story was excellent. It's on my favorites list now, though I am not sure I'll be able to reread it - it was emotionally exhausting. ;) You did a great job with writing grief - I felt like I was right there with her, not just my own grief at the thought of no more Booth (PERISH THE THOUGHT! -no pun intended!-).

Also ... your choice of The Fray and Patti Griffin among others were great. I would also like to suggest Katie Herzig's 'I Hurt Too' ('The Finger in the Nest,' as they bury Ripley) as a very appropriate companion piece. If you've not heard the whole thing, I suggest it.

I loved this so much! Thank you for all the work you put into it. It never felt rushed, and had the very abject feel of one chapter of Bones' grief melding into another. I know grief can be like that - every day the same horror. It was palpable.

Okay - enough gushing. I did want to ask, though... Was Dr. Bailey Bones' surgeon? You never say ... yet, I couldn't help but suspect... ;) You are so sneaky.
Heyit'skellie chapter 18 . 12/29/2010
I cried SO HARD! This story was amazing. I remember getting teary eyed all the way through the story. But, this chapter.. It really did it for me. I cried at this chapter more than I have cried in the past year. It was beautifully written, and it really just for lack of a better more brilliant word, It AMAZED me. This was just lovely. I could go on forever, but I wont. I just wanted you to know how much that I loved it.

Always,

Annie.
Some-of-us-live chapter 2 . 12/25/2010
oh my god, I was reading this and I started crying when Parker came into the picture...I still am...I found out (while listening to my new CD) that Back to December is like, the perfect song to play while reading this!
AmateurWriter22 chapter 18 . 12/23/2010
oh my God. i cried so hard and i'm still crying now! you write so good! thanks for writing this! :)
1,121 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »