Reviews for Crossfire
darkslayer65 chapter 17 . 6/12/2015
ah sorry that link is false, here watch?vfl2BqBdJ2rQ
darkslayer65 chapter 16 . 6/12/2015
Nice ending! thought i still doubt why Belphegorl can't be defeated in human world while Dante is literaly... in his DMC4 state! He's more like a Sparda right there as he bitchslap everyone with his skills. Ehmmm.. you might want to see this, since you played every DMC games.. rigth? watch?vfl2BqBdJ2rQ these gameplay alone show what realy is Dante capable of. He's just... blitzing everything with his trickster style ... i think his speed is rivaling that of Vergil teleportation there.
Gimlifan8 chapter 16 . 11/7/2013
First of all: I am the unsigned 'I'.
And again, Frail equlibrium was mind blowing brilliant. One of the best I've found on this site, if not the best. And don't mind the 'Nero' part.
But I hated how Tess had grown into an amazingly likable character to near perfection, just like Dante had grown incredibly human.
You'd understand how much I like your writing as I read it twice over, right?
Belpha- whatever, can't be defeated in this world? Can I ask why? He's not as good as Mundus...and he was defeated in the human world by Dante's power...maybe some help from Trish, but in 4 he's as strong as Sparda. Two Spardas can't finish off a prince? Odd...
I understand you're trying to keep it human...but this just violates canon. Though if you've planned on violating it, no worries! This is NOT a flame, I admire your writing style, tis close to flawless, and I'll probably never get even remotely close, so who am I to criticize? These are things I just couldn't comprehend.
Clairavance chapter 1 . 10/23/2013
*New York accent? Dante doesn't have a New York accent. o_0 That IS Dante, right?
Brand chapter 17 . 12/29/2011
I read this and the prequel. Good job on both. All portrayals are convincing and interesting. your ocs are more like people than 2d cutouts. very good. also just googled dmc 5 and WHAT DID THEY DO TO DANTE? HE LOOKS LIKE A GAY FASHION VICTIM! interestingly enough, i also thought dmc 5 as Spardas story would be a good idea.
Tikigod784 chapter 17 . 10/23/2011
Cool ending. Leaves the possibility of other stories but shuts the book on this arc soundly. Good job! The banter between Tess and Dante was worth the wait. :D
Tikigod784 chapter 15 . 10/23/2011
Narratively, it was an interesting fight and a good resolution. Gameplay-wise? It happened like two or three other times in the series (big bad in back belting out attacks while you dodge and move forward). Kinda fitting, actually, given Capcom's penchant for rehashing things... :P
Meech Macko chapter 17 . 10/23/2011
Well the ending was a bit too fast and not as refined as frail equilibrium...still the fic was great with a great likable OC.

So will there be a sequel to this?
Greg chapter 14 . 10/9/2011
Great fic with a great OC who is not a Mary-sue and I think she is my fav OC.

You have gotten Dante's personality pretty well but a little more of Original DMC1 Chivalrous personality is cant understand why Sparda gave a super powerful sword like Yamato to Vergil and Rebellion seems like just a fancy sword but it ain't powerful like Yamato to seal the hell-gates...I think Dante is more deserving of that sword and he can use it better than vergil as he is now since vergil has been quite inactive for a while,it is shown in DMC4.

I thought Dante would be more determined now that Tess life is on the line and after how cruel Vergil was to her he can maybe get serious than playing around.

The fic is getting great.
Tikigod784 chapter 14 . 9/28/2011
Story alert was on the fritz, glad I checked on some old favorites! The fight scene this chapter was fun to read. Really makes me wish this were a game, just to play this boss battle. It is the main event after all. XP

I like your portrayal of Dante. If someone is overpowered physically, the best way to make them still interesting is to give them personality issues or mental weaknesses. Also, I never saw the TessxVergil thing.

Here's to Ninja Theory bombing their game and Capcom deciding to make a prequel where you play as Sparda. :D
Bounty Hunter Vincent Vega chapter 14 . 9/26/2011
Well from what I am about to tell you on the DmC reboot should convince you to not give Ninja Theory's idea a fighting chance at all and just move on to another video game series that hasn't been royally fucked up yet by greedy companies with unrealistic goals. Since you do not like Nero well guess what? Donte plays pretty much exactly like him except a whole lot worse. Hell I am willing to bet that he will be even more intolerable than Tidus and Hope of Final Fantasy X and XIII respectively combined. And as for the story,the story is going to revolve around some stupid propaganda about anti-capitalism. Since when was the Devil May Cry series ever about half assed, pretentious political commentary? It's essentially "Brave New World" and "1984" mashed up.

Now with all of that out of the way,let's get on with the review shall we?

I'm glad to see a Devil May Cry fanfiction that is NOT yaoi,about DmC,the reader (most likely female) getting with any of the sons of Sparda, or any other annoying crap this fandom is famous for.

I don't totally agree with all of the points being made by the anonymous reviewer but he/she does bring up a fine argument about the treatment you have bestowed upon Nero. Still I am willing to turn a blind's eye to this behavior as long as the fanfic is worth it,which it is much to my joy. I'm okay with people not liking him while I do on the other hand.

You see the main issue I have with the inclusion with OCs be it male or female is the author for the most part does not take the time to fully flesh out their history,motivation,character, and reason for being a part of the series. They slack off in this aspect and expect us to put the pieces together or imagine it is us as the character.

Most of the fanfics with OCs I see on here are nothing more than masturbatory filth ala Twilight. Yours however is different and in a very pleasant way.

Tess and your other original creations actually deserve and belong to the Devil May Cry series without causing any problems.

You have a way with writing that is extremely rare to see here. I can tell that you have studied literature very well and either must have a degree in it or are in college studying hard. I like that.

At least you are part of the few authors among here I respect that is willing to give the series depth that it has never been exposed to without being too melodramatic or boring.

I thought I give you some well deserved praise as to not make you think you don't have much readers who care about a quality story.

Man I do need to read the fanfic of yours that came before this.

Keep up the fine work and don't let anyone especially the pro DmC crowd get to you.
Meech Macko chapter 14 . 9/25/2011
Well you finally updated and its getting interesting...Dante/Tess pairing is pretty I dont like OC coz they always end up Mary sue...but this OC is just great and well balanced...my fav OC.

I though Vergil was hellbent on the Honor thing (ya know his Samurai or Knightly ways...he dont use guns),I f Vergil hates humans what of his mom and why is he fighting Dante again ...If he really hated and want to kill Dante he had a perfect chance in Tem-ni-gru tower where he stabbed him ...and he could have went for the Head and be done with it...but strangely he stabbed again with Dante's Rebellion sword again somehow turned to be Dante's Awakening method...he must somehow care for him in his sick way or something.

Why Dante gave Nero Yamato is beyond me...I mean Dante could have used Yamato almost as good as his bro...and its much more powerful than rebellion.

Dante/Tess Interactions would be good ...she could start to warm up to him..again...and for Dante's Demonic form you can mix DMC2 with DMC4...with his ability to fly which is a lot cooler.

Anyway great chap ...Hope Dante beats some sense into Vergil...
I chapter 13 . 9/24/2011
I'm a huge dmc fan...and I liked your first fanfic of Dante and Tess, Frail Equilibrium. I really did.

But I have to disagree in many things with you in this fic.

1st, Nero's not a kid who can't hold up against Vergil. Sanctus said he had inheritad the power of Sparda, and his devil arm is too strong for Vergil. He impaled Dante, killed Sanctus and finished Savior, cut him some slack!

2nd, I think you gave Roy's power too much credit. Let's face it, Roy's no match for Mundus, or demons his size(he's at least 20/30 meters!). He couldn't even finish Chax, who was just a demon-lord!

3rd, I think you're underestimating Dante. Yes, he was a bit cocky at dmc3, but none of his cockiness could be seen in dmc4, or dmc2. In dmc4, he was wise, you can say. He knows how to proceed in any kind of mission, and doesn't need anyone else to guide him, his mind works fast. He's not talkative, too, but teases his enemies whenever gets a chance to. And it's not in his nature to curse, you'll never hear him say even bitch, let alone fuck. He knows when to keeep his mouth shut, and never shows his emotions, not even anger. And about breaking hell gates or that type of things, he maybe can't break it with Rebelllion, but it's quite easy for him with Gilgamesh, and he can hold Savior's entire weight, which must be at least 200 tons! And he's never at a loss for what to do. These wiccans or djinns are no match for him, not even Vergil can come close to defeat him, he's too fast and strong after dmc1.

But in case you didn't notice, Dante gets weak from much blood loss, and suffers from impaling wounds. Though he covers it well, it can be seen well just at the start of mission 8, dmc3, and end of misson 1, dmc4.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the way you write fanfic plots, I just want it to be a little more dmc type. You can check out The Vergil Chronicles by Gilver, that was the best dmc fanfic I've read. And for dmc action, you can check Dmc: End of the Line by Sin Oan.
Jo Singer chapter 4 . 8/29/2011
BAM. Vergil. Was /not/ expecting that. :P
jdgjordan chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
this is relly good your a great wrighter hey i hope this does not sound like a stupid ? but when does this story take place dmc timeline i know its 10 years after your first fic but game does it take place after
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »