Reviews for Be Neither
Cause-and-Author chapter 1 . 4/17
WOW. You brought a tear to my eye with this delightful piece. As much as I love to see Snape survive, his Death has plenty of meaning. This was just a small glance, but it was brilliant. thank you for sharing.
Yeghishe chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
Quite lovely and unexpected. You write an excellent Snape.
I am always sad when he is dead, however.
-y
Captain Evermind chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Ah! SO lovely! What a beautiful wee ficlet. :-) I love the idea of Luna seeing right through Snape's outer shell.
icansoar chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
Lovely oneshot - and I liked how you were very vague about Luna's identity until the end...I was wondering why Hermione would be interested in magical animals out of all things.
bookivore chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
I like how you gradually left clues who the narrator 'she' is - the first guess is obviously Hermione but Hermione is brash and tense, not careful and uncertain, not someone to have 'even done well in Potions'. It was interesting to wonder who could make that connection between the loch and the river in Snape's home town, and who would have the temerity to research what views Snape might have looked at as a child, since this was one of his students.
Chemistress chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
What a wonderful unusual story - about Luna and Snape...! The flashback-scene is absolutely beautiful imagined: first his dismissal, which is none, yet, as there is such a well-meant advice to follow... I love it!
DailyProphetEditor chapter 1 . 3/2/2010
Ah, very well-written. I love the quiet mood of it all, it somehow enhances how strangely similar these two are in certain aspects.
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
A great story. Very well written.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
I'm glad that McGonagall felt enough guilt to allow Luna to do this (Hermione, no doubt, was probably still justifying to herself why it all right to leave Snape to die to worry about such things).

Wonderful story. Here's hoping Luna will carry the torch of truth with her even when the rest of the world finds it expedient to forget Snape altogether.
notwolf chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
Having sorted through the possessions of those who have passed, I can identify with the quiet dignity Luna affords Snape even though he never openly revealed any affection or liking for her. Of all the ppl at Hogwarts, I think she was the one most likely to understand Snape, to appreciate him without judgment. I wonder how much the wizarding world did change in their attitude toward him. I believe he really got the short end of the stick in book 7, and this story brings back the haunting sadness. (That is why I am writing 'Death Eater No More, so he could live, have a chance at a real life).
The Winterwitch chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
You've really had me on in the beginning - I don't know why I was so sure that you are speaking about Hermione - being no HG/SS-shipper at all. I suppose too much tpp influence? *smiles*

The story works for a while thinking it's Hermione, but of course, reading it again knowing it's Luna makes all the difference. It's a sweet tale indeed, one which shows as much love for books as for your protagonists and a really lovely service the one does for the other. I can see Severus very well connecting to this strange and unique girl. The story is perhaps one of the best ways for an obituary for Severus I can think of, too.

(Yes, it's working now, by the way ;o) )
Kelly Chambliss chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
I didn't see until now that this story had been posted. So glad to see it. I love the quietness of it, the believable connection between Luna and Snape through books, the fact that Luna takes each one down by hand.

She was capable of far better work, but it was so easy to be diverted by life

An excellent description of Luna. Too many fics present her as simply fey and spacey, but of course she's not. "Diverted" is the perfect word.

Snape's voice rings true, and I can believe he would leave her the book. (And I love Luna's thoughts about books in the first paragraph.)

Overall, a gem of a little story.

(I'm subscribing to your Author Alert list so that I don't miss anything more!)
the real snape chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
/But his books… those he had treasured, cherished above all things. /

In the last few months, I've had to move my late father's entire book collection to our house, and I'm now doing what Luna does: sort them out bit by bit.

Found this story moving beyond words, for that very reason.

Thank you.
Valmarien chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
That was a really moving story and an interesting twist - because it started with books, I assumed that the protagonist would be Hermione. The penny didn't drop until I saw the dedication in the book. Good job!
tearsofphoenix chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
Very good, nice, and touching in some places.

And yes, very Luna.