Reviews for A Haven in a Heartless World
WinJennster chapter 37 . 11/19/2012
now that i have bawled through this last part again (whilst listening to Jar of Hearts i might add) i am hoping you are going to submit more. i want it so badly.
poor Dean.
WinJennster chapter 38 . 11/4/2012
Omg.
Just...omg.
Found this yesterday and have pretty much spent the entire day reading it. So amazing. And I totally just cried through the last part. Amazing stuff, I'm completely blown out of the water. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Viviane Renard chapter 31 . 10/1/2012
It's so good to see updates for this story. Your writing is superb as always, and the story's really taking an interesting turn. With so many humans, demons, and angels plotting different things, it's a mystery how this story will turn out. But I'm excited to discover every twist and turn with the characters.

Keep up the amazing writing. I can't wait to see what happens next!
nightwalker-shadow16 chapter 15 . 6/15/2012
Great story. I don't think I've seen this type of plot before. I have liked Winsest since I first started getting into supernatural, so thanks for another good representation of it.

shade
Cristalake chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
Holy SHIT! I just realised you only have like 50 somethiing reviews! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE! Your fic is EPIC! I've seldom read anything so amazing! WHY AREN'T MORE PEOPLE REVIEWING TO TELL YOU THIS! You have suh raw talent its a CRIME not to review this fic!
Cristalake chapter 27 . 8/18/2011
I'm addicted. I don't really like Wincest or powers!Winchesters but beyond somehow you've managed to make it so intrisinct to the story that I have nothing to criticise. This is, simply put, THE (second)BEST Supernatural fic I've ever had the pleasure of reading. Thank you for posting it. I'm anxiously awaiting book 3.
vansen58 chapter 28 . 5/26/2011
I really liked this.

I specially like how healthy and natural everyone's relationships seemed to develop, specially Sam and Dean's. You managed to make clear all the drama and confusion such a situation would cause but at the same time it was smooth sailing, nice and normal and *right*.

The greatest quality of this is how well written and logical everyone's relationships are. This captured my attention the most when both Sam and Mer were injured. I mean, Dean cares deeply about Sam, but that was his daughter on his hands. I think you held the characterization perfectly there.

That said, in the first chapters I felt Mer was a little too "Mary-Sueish". Wonder kid, too smart for her age, too pretty, always saves the say. I liked her way, way more in the second installment when she began to act like a normal human being. I loved her interaction with Sam there, how frustrating and real it was.

Dean's characterization is very different from the show. He's so soft he is almost OOC, BUT you managed to make it still feel like our Dean - just our Dean with a kid. Kudos on that.

Anyway, I liked this a lot, which is saying something, because I get bored easily in multi-chaptered fics. I only invest myself when I like it a lot. And I can't wait for the next book. I hope they save Sammy soon.
Viviane Renard chapter 27 . 9/5/2010
Wow, these last couple chapters were a dozy! I particularly love how you did the scenes of the landscape of Mer's mind. When she tore down Dean's tower and uprooted the great tree, it held such heartbreakingly powerful imagery. I can't wait to see what you do in the third and final portion of this story!
Viviane Renard chapter 22 . 8/26/2010
Sam's burst of violent animosity shocked me. I knew some dark emotions were growing within him, but the way he brutally ripped off the werewolf's jaw and then assaulted Dean afterward was shades blacker than I expected. (Go Dean for fighting back!) I love it!
Viviane Renard chapter 21 . 8/23/2010
I like how you add little details here and there to show that Sam and Dean are older now, like how Sam has to work out longer and Dean has crow's feet around his eyes. It adds a realistic element to the passage of time. It also makes me more worried about them when they go on a hunt, considering they aren't in their prime anymore!
Viviane Renard chapter 20 . 8/20/2010
Great ending to "A Haven in a Heartless World," it was action-packed, dramatic, and with a heart-warming epilogue. I really like what you've done with the "Bridge" too, you've artistically packed seventeen years into a nicely cohesive mini story.
Viviane Renard chapter 16 . 8/19/2010
More great chapters, yay! It's intense that Mer is going to be used in a demonic ritual. She really is the shining light in this story, and if that light flickers or burns out, what would happen to everyone else?
Viviane Renard chapter 13 . 8/19/2010
I'm taking a little break from reading, so I figured I'd end this reading session with a mid-way review. :)

Your story is fantastic! I love how you take the events from the tv series and put your own character development twists into it. The characters you've created mesh so wonderfully with the rest of the cast that they feel absolutely natural. I love how you write Dean and Sam's interaction, it's spot on. (Especially how Dean yells "Sam, Sammy" like he does in pretty much every episode that Sam goes missing). I can't wait to read more of this amazing story and see where it takes me! Peace out for now.
Andrea chapter 25 . 8/18/2010
Holy HELL! This is getting intense!
thesurreal chapter 24 . 7/18/2010