Reviews for Last Rites
bex231 chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
Ooh. Unexpected. I like. I love the way you described everything. It's very...well, I'm not too sure of the word. But it was excellent. Can't wait for the next chapter.
annniej13 chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
Oh the trickery. Sneaky sneaky halo. You've sucked me in again darling. So excited for this new story. :) fabulous beginning.

xxoo
alisa231 chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
I was hoping to read another story from you after She's Royal so this comes as a pleasant surprise.

The concept is intriguing. The writing is simple but effective. I also feel your formatting has improved greatly. This chapter came across very 'cleanly'.

Bella's characterization is lovely, by the way. The last few paragraphs about death were particularly insightful.

Nicely done. I look forward to more. )
Dizzygrl28 chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
First, I just have to say that Cage The Elephant rocks! Great musical choice.

I really like the concept of this story and am looking forward to how it plays out and the future quotes you choose. As Bella was describing 'James Dean', my mind went directly to Edward. Serious, antisocial, even the way he looked her over screamed Edwaed to me. I was quite surprised when she said James but it makes so much sense, especially when considering her analogy of death as a precusor to her date. Good first chapter.
EZRocksAngel chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
i can't wait for the rest! thanks for sharing and i'm excited to read along.

angel
Melolabel chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
James? what the...? okay we'll go with that for now and see what you've got cookin'. I'm interested though.
The Romanticidal Edwardian chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
Woah,

Everything I wanted to say went out of my head with that last line.

Damn. This is intriguing.

So excited to see where you go with this D I suppose I should've payed attention to the fact that there was no specific mention of "the boy"s looks but...you got me halo!

Beautifully and wonderfully done.

- TRE ]
dazzledtina chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
hm, she is having dinner w/james?

great start.
Beans827 chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
Wow...I never would have guessed James. You totally had me on that one. Very intriguing though. Sounds like a very interesting plot. Can't wait to read further. Thanks for sharing!
AscotBella chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
THis is good! I like it. Very mysterious and dark. It touches on so many things and keeps just enough questions to keep me hanging on. MORE MORE MORE!
Isabeau01 chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
I actually didn't see that coming at all! Great job with the twist. Now I wonder how our coppery haired protagonist (or is he?) will show up. Can't wait for more.
kaz74p chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
Fabulous writing.

The whole thing was intriguing.

I loved the banter between the two girls as Bella got ready, and the choices of looks that Emily offered her (very funny).

I am very much looking forward to reading more of this story, and think the concept of the story is great.

I'm crossing my fingers that it is really Edward, but she calls him James because she thinks he looks like James Dean. If it is James from the books, then I hope Edward is close by to save her.
TwilightFan104 chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
Interesting start. Looking forward to more.
princessjag chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
James- WTF? you have got my attention :) great start. there is a lot of backstory drama for our dear Bella. I like that Emily and Leah are her friends. I like how you have death actively pursuing Bella. wonderful concept for the story. looking forward to where you take this.
readingmama chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
Oh I fell for it! I totally thought it was Edward. What a great idea playing with quotes from the book. Your writing is always fantastic, I can't wait to read the rest of this story.
2,419 | « Prev Page 1 .. 150 157 158 159 160 161 .. Last Next »