Reviews for Defection
itunesx221 chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
that was so sad and so god, omg, i was crying. l;kfajdslfj;a

thank god it got a happy ending!
6jenn6 chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
The beginning of this story really made me cry!

Nice it had a happy ending.
cougellie chapter 1 . 10/6/2009
Great job, I loved it. Very sweet and touching, I had tears in my eyes. The fact that it is based off of real life makes it even more beautiful. ~Ellie
bouncy 72 chapter 1 . 10/6/2009
What an asshole. Look I'm not going to go off on him too much as you actually know a couple that this happened to, but how could he even consider doing that? As if it wasn't the most life altering thing she'd heard in her life, She had to then face him leaving her too. That's to much for any woman to have to deal with. Unfortunatly I know woman do get left with this sort of thing, what confuses me is why she would take him back, or even offer to work on it (I don't know, maybe she's more mature than me, & I'm not in that situation so I can't judge, but that has got to be one of the most heartbreaking things) If he can't deal with pain or problems in their marriage once, why would he stay when things don't suit him again. I guess I'm fortunate in that my dad was an amazing support to mom when she had her cancer & my aunts partner stayed by her side until she passed on, even though times were difficult. *sigh* I'm going to stop here because otherwise I'm just going to go on repeating myself.

I was on the art show inspired by smut blog & they recommended this story. (with it being breast cancer awareness month & all)

The story was beautifully written, it definately made me think again about cancer & the effects it has on not just the person but their loved ones as well. I guess the more people that read this & are reminded of this, the better. It has definatly bought up an issue that so many of us have to face now unfortunately.

aers94 chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
69th review! lmfao

anywhoo...I love it, it was beautiful
teacher1209 chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
This was such a beautiful O/S. Cancer can be very trying on a couple, so glad to hear the 'real' couple are still together and she is doing well.
CassieWhitlockHale chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
This is an amazing story.

made me cry but i loved it all the same.

you're an amazing author :)

nikkinyc chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
Sorry to hear you knew someone this happened to :( but i thought this was a great story
Unchanged Affections chapter 1 . 9/26/2009
Great one-shot!

Also... thanks for the A/N at the end and the update on our most beloved couple ;-)
Lisa54aa chapter 1 . 9/21/2009
so heartbreaking yet so wonderful..even though edward did a horrible and unforgiving thing, he didn't beg for forgiveness because he knew there couldn't be any. his actions spoke louder than his words ever could.
MadLia chapter 1 . 9/21/2009
I am sorry, I really tried to stay quiet and respect that people are entitled to their own choices, but this was disturbing.

From all the Edwards in all kinds of fanfiction I have managed to read, this one has been by far the most despicable(even more so that the disgusting , sadistic ones).

Such an immature character,fleeing when trouble arrives ...abandoning the woman he claims to love when she needs him to be the man he swore to be in those wedding vows.

I don't think he possesses the necessary emotional development to love someone other that himself.

Look at what he does, he protects himself from all situations that may require for him to put on his big boy pants and man 's the most pathetic kind of coward, sitting in the sidelines, claiming to be in extreme pain ,selfishly thinking his own pain could ever compare to the feeling of being trapped in a body that is then having the audacity to hope when everything is all right he will get to take his place like he didn't just make fighting for her life 10 times harder,knowing the one that promised to love you and stand by you left you to deal with your own mess.

And the fact that she forgives him after a good round of just, sad.

I am sorry if this offended you in any way, I truly apologize ,as this was not my purpose. But I really couldn't get past this issue and wasn't able to enjoy this story.

I hope your friend stays healthy and happy and that there won't be any reason for her to ever regret choosing to take her husband back.
babyot chapter 1 . 9/20/2009
I am so happy that my stories haven't updated and I needed a one shot to hold me over - thank you once again to the PPSS for pointing me in the right direction. You were surprisingly effective in pulling me into these characters and their circumstances with so few words with which to do it. The story was heartbreaking and frustrating as Edward decided to leave and avoid. I knew someone who loved his wife so completely that he withdrew and became a worthless shell when she became ill and he thought he would lose her. He was seriously depressed while she retained all of her joy and passion for life, fighting to beat the disease. But to actually leave is inexcusable. I like how Bella told E off and divorced him in punishment that he clearly deserved, but ultimately couldn't deny the connection they had or envision herself with anyone else. Lovely story of struggle and forgiveness, and ultimately, love. Thanks!
hudsonmama chapter 1 . 9/20/2009
This broke my heart. Beautifully written, great story, but I had a really hard time with the abandonment, depsite his watching over her stalkishly. It was even sadder to know this is based of a real life couple. If someone is capable of doing something once, the right circumstances can make them capable of doing it again. Cancer can come back, no matter how good things seem to be, and there are other tragic, terminal things that can happen unpredictably, to anyone, at any time. I would never trust someone like this Edward to stick around again when times get extremely tough. I REALLY hope your friend's health stays good and the cancer (and anything else bad that can happen) stays aways.

As sad as this storyline made me, I would definitely read more if you decide to continue it, as there is so much more I would love to see with these characters and how they work through this.
booty492 chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
That was a beautiful one-shot. I cried. I hope that this my be turned into a full on chapter story. Great writing!
glo4twilight chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
oh that was pretty hard to get through and i considered stopping a couple of times throughout the story but kept going! It was very disheartening and even tho i'm glad it ended well it was very hard although i've never been through anything like that myself it was very emotional and yeah hard to get through. the fact that he left her at such a needful time in her life...just hard to comprehend!
104 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »