Reviews for Defection
sassy41 chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
That was a tough one. I love your writing

I so hated Edward in this one. I can't believe being married and being together for so many years you go when it gets tough.

I am glad the couple was able to work through it I am happy for them. But man that was tough for her to take him back not knowing if he would do it again.

love the writing
jurney chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
loved it, bittersweet
TrulyOutrageous chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
This is a really sweet story. I liked it a lot.
RKinNY chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
Great job, so moving. I am glad she just didn't agree to take him back immediately. I would imagine trust would be a very hard thing to regain after something like this.
montannaleigh chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
wow. really great oneshot. two thumbs up :)
toastqueen chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
wow. incredible story that brought tears to my eyes.

wonderful!
Siobhan B. Masen- Fraser chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
I am so angry at Edward, but I do understand. My Mom had lung cnacer and there were days when I wanted to walk away and not see all she was going through, and I think that Edward really wanted to be there but just wasn't strong enough. I love to see the human emotion in him, it makes you want to hold him and make it all better for him. I am also glad that Bella didn't just let it all be ok for him, she is making him see that she loves him but hates what he did to her. Thank you for the great one shot, and I will put you on alert so if you decide (please, please, pretty please with a cherry on top) decided to continue this I want to be there to read it! Good job!
MasensLove chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
This happened to my parents, except my dad didn't come back and my mum died from her breast cancer.

Your story was beautiful and I think you did the situation justice. I'm glad your guys had a HEA

SiriuslyWyckedDream chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
Ok I feel the love and the intensity and your writing is beautiful. I am very glad that the real life person is in remission and that the couple is still together. But I am having a hard time with the fact that he left at all at any point. Sorry this is a bitter taste for me and I don't understand that.
TwilightMundi chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
I saw this story reviewed on The Perv Pack Smut Shack, and had to give it a read. It really is good. It's very well-written, and the story has that quality makes my heart clench, along with really good, sweet lemons. Nicely done.
TwilightSherry chapter 1 . 8/30/2009
This was one of the most beautiful stories I've ever read. I can totally see that it could be based on reality. Sickness and fear are handled very differently and we often marry our opposites, so it would seem likely that it would be handled differently by both. I would venture to say that there are many stories out there where someone just cannot handle the one they love dying and they leave so as not to have to watch it. That is very sad, but true.

I hope I would not do that, but I definitely tend to be the non-nurturer in my relationship. And when I was told in the hallway of a hospital that my 38 year old husband had had two heart attacks and had multiple blocked arteries and was going into surgery in two days to have 6 bypasses, I turned from him and ran down the hallway and out of the hospital. I was not prepared for this at 35 and probably never will be. I did go back after I was able to catch my breath. My point is that I know a glimmer of what that must feel like and I wouldn't even begin to judge someone and how they deal with it.

I think it showed his love and pain that he sat and watched her for a year, I cannot imagine how tortured that must have been, especially knowing what a coward he was and how he left the woman he loved in her greatest time of need.

That said I absolutely understand her anger. She would never have done that to him and therefor probably doesn't fully understand how it could be done to her. I'm sure she knows deep down becuase she knows him, which is why I think we had the ending we have. Outsiders should never judge someone elses marraige because they don't have all of the pieces. I think this was beautiful and I am grateful that you used characters we adore to tell this story.

I for one hope that I don't ever have to deal with this again, but I pretty much know that I will. I hope that with age and maturity and knowledge I will be able to handle it better.

Awesome job...I loved it. Their reunion sex was so loving and powerful you did a great job showing the love.
Scarlett72 chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
Great. Would you consider continuing? Think it would be good.
Ms. Marauder-Cullen chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
Oh I loved this! I'm glad that Bell gave Edward a second chance, though I'm not sure I would have. You did an excellent job on this! :)
IrishGirlTaken chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
I was eager to read the other entries in the LtL contest. This is one of the more emotional stories. I enjoyed being drawn into the characters and the anguish that each of them were feeling. I like the storyline and I think the lemon was very sweet.

I was a bit surprised at the ending. I truly didn't expect everything to resolve into a "happily ever after". And then I was a bit thrown by the brevity of the conversation between B & E at the end. I guess I just wanted more emotion.

Nice work overall.
taylorbug19 chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
this is my favorite one-shot story
101 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »