Reviews for The Problem
whitealmond chapter 5 . 5/4
Maybe Cupid was an elf who was really skilled at hooking people up? XD I want to believe that it's true, and that he really IS her grandfather, lol.

What can I say? This story was so romantic, extremely well-written, and truly captivating and spell-binding.
whitealmond chapter 4 . 5/4
Hmm, a tryst during Beltain? It will be truly... *puts sunglasses on* magical.

*is shot*

Seriously though... this is very, very touching, and beautiful.
whitealmond chapter 2 . 5/4
Great minds think alike, eh? I was struck by the resemblance here and wondered if one of you had read the other's work beforehand ;)
whitealmond chapter 1 . 5/4
Ahhh, your dialogue is excellent. I can hear all the characters perfectly in my head
Justreadingfanfic.com chapter 5 . 11/11/2014
Pretty good. The confession was a bit cheesy but you "Fowled it up" well enough. And clever to pull Holly's great grandfather into this at the end, rather than a forced rom-com "i love you" ending. An Arteriffic 9/10
Aronim chapter 5 . 5/27/2014
Great story.

And thank you so much for two things: 1) Keeping Artemis normal. Too many fics make him into some sort of greek god suddenly. No! He is a slightly unhealthy-looking, pale and scrawny (or at the very least skinny) man.

And 2) Remembering the size difference and keeping their first kisses and intimacy somewhat clumsy. That is how it should be. Much as he isn't a greek god, Artemis isn't an experienced lover. He might be enthusiastic and a quick learner, but he can't be a perfect lover on the first try and his lack of stamina and motor skills might get in the way of his growth.
Aronim chapter 4 . 5/27/2014
He, this is great. You write the characters brilliantly.
mistguardian chapter 5 . 7/20/2013
MORE! PLEASE!
Arkie chapter 5 . 12/30/2012
Me really liked this! Good job!
Nathan chapter 5 . 11/21/2012
love it
Nathan chapter 4 . 11/19/2012
well done
one of the best Hartemis romances i have read.
Nadramon chapter 5 . 10/4/2012
"Amusing" doesn't even begin to cover what this story is. Old as it may be, I am very glad that you have written it, and never removed it. I know how embarrassing old works can be, and I have no idea how you feel about this one after three years. But I devoured all five chapters in one go, and enjoyed every minute of it.

Eoin Colfer's series has its flaws, to be sure, but it's certainly a fun read, and his memorable characters are in part to thank for that. Artemis, being a genius, is very hard to write, and with all her wit, so is Holly.

Yet you seemed to pinpoint both of their personalities and quirks perfectly. The more I read, the more it felt like seeing the characters again, and as I have yet to read the last book (please don't spoil me), it was a wonderful feeling. The way you developed their relationship was nothing short of delightful, especially Artemis seeking answers in classics. His adolescent unease coupled with his ridiculously sophisticated wording is hilarious and endearing all at once. By contrast, Holly's maturity and wry humor are what maintains their newly developed relationship stable, and keeps their dialog smooth.

I also liked the part about annoying tourists, and Butler's supportive presence, ever teasing and part-exasperated. I could have hugged him when he just went to make breakfast in the morning. Ever the devoted butler. Nice choice of epigraphs, too: they had me pondering on your story as well as love in general, and I might have to look up some of these authors. (I am ashamed to admit that I only knew of Sigmund Freud.)

Anyway, the development fits perfectly with what the previous books left us with, and the way Holly and Artemis solved the problem with the voices seems plausible and touching. Two thumbs up: in my book, this right there could qualify as "better than canon." Still wondering what exactly it was that Holly sensed when she checked Artemis' mind for any sign of magic... but I like to speculate, and what she found might very well be nameless. I think it's for the best that you left it open to interpretation.

I will be sure to check your other (spoiler free) "Artemis Fowl" stories in the future. I already read "Misunderstanding" and liked it, especially the part at Phonetix': that really could as well have been part of the original books. And Klu was a hilariously impressionable narrator. Still, "The Problem" left a much stronger impression on me.

By the way, I happened to read them because I had thought back about "Sunrise," and wondered for which other fandoms you might have written. You can't imagine how happy I was to see so many "Artemis Fowl" stories under your name; good fanfictions are ridiculously hard to find for these books. (I'll have to check the one you mentioned in chapter four, too... The legend of Amor and Psyche does fit Artemis and Holly quite well.)

Most likely I will be back to pester you with my hefty reviews. I love your writing, and hope you keep it up.

Nadra