Reviews for The Severance of Haruhi Suzumiya
Pinehas chapter 8 . 3/4/2011
Ah, classic Big Damn Heroes moment. Btw, you haven't happen to read/watched Fate Stay Night, have you (although the fact that you are a troper raises that likelihood to at least 61%). Also, I forgot to mention: I find your version of Kuyoh strangely moe. I wish that Fujiwara would make a Heel Face Turn or at least not terminated.
Pinehas chapter 7 . 3/4/2011
Oh god, oh god, ohgod ohgod ohgod, this fic is spiralling into a crazy fit of So Cool It's Awesome. TIF is one of the coolest stuff I read in this fic and Fujiwara, you said that he was wearing a coat, right? So, would that qualify for Badass Longcoat? I'm not sorry for only talking about Fujiwara. You have only yourself to blame for making him so badass (well you do have my apologies if I'm part of a Misaimed Fandom :/ )
Pinehas chapter 6 . 3/4/2011
Hmm, Kyon sucker punched him, eh? I would have liked it a bit better if he offered him a free shot, like in the face or something. The fact that he got caught off guard is a bit disappointment but that's coming from his fanboy so you can ignore that. :D I guess that he's Chaotic Neutral, huh? Also, like JonBob mentioned in MTS, only people with full names had powers and did you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, Fujiwara is actually the Team Normal who pretends to be a Time Traveller? Apparently not in your fic, but what about in canon? Also, what's the deal with Sasaki? The fact that she's revealed as a Reality Warper yet is only called by her first name is something of a Paranoia Fuel (btw, talking in Tropes is FUN!).
Pinehas chapter 5 . 3/4/2011
ZOMG! Fujiwara has an offer Kyon can't refuse? Oooooh. Just want to say, I love your version of Fujiwara (even though since it has been a while since I read the novels so I don't remember subtle details about him). Just love him. Btw, you are a troper, aren't you?
ameithyst05 chapter 2 . 11/11/2010
Oh! So he's John Smith. Teehee~
nice chapter! :)
ameithyst05 chapter 1 . 11/11/2010
Ouch! What a start!
It's nice.
I just wonder who John Smith is. ,"
erik chapter 10 . 9/17/2010
just wanted to say great job capturing the melancholy tone of Crispin Freeman (Kyon), and the story in general was an enjoyable read. very few grammatical or punctuation errors, and a good flow. keep up the good work.
funvince chapter 10 . 9/12/2010
This was my favorite chapter of the story. I like how close Haruhi got to the truth using her reasoning and I liked that she ultimately chose to stay with her friends and not do things the easy way. I'd be interested to see what happens next. Haruhi may not have powers but she has access to people to Yuki who do.
GeshronTyler chapter 10 . 9/9/2010
I approve and endorse this product of the imagination. _

I think your resolution was well in character.

Thanks, read you another time.
Alttimer chapter 10 . 9/5/2010
I LOVE THIS FIC! its gotta be one of the better ones ive read
nukerjsr chapter 10 . 9/4/2010
Reading this final chapter is like watching a masterfully performed trapeze acts. There are lots of moments where you expect a slip up, possibly a fall, because while the amount of time is short, you have no idea what the outcome will be and if it'll fulfill your expectations.

And this story totally did. I'm not personally a fan of the Haruhi-character herself, and I was really expecting that I would hate her or not care for her by the end of this story. But, I truly did. This story just astonishes me, because honesty? I would want the true light novel to end this way. It's just so incredibly fitting in how it handles essences within the series with the drama, narration, and exploration within the sci-fi field.

This is phenomenal exploration within the dramatic world of Suzumiya Haruhi, and I bow to you for it. It just makes an incredible amount of sense and is wrapped up in such a neat little bow. I was even thinking about the stuff that could anger me or other readers, but even so, THAT stuff makes sense and works for it. This fic is just incredible and I really hope it gets more readers.

Hope to see more work from you in the future.
nukerjsr chapter 9 . 9/2/2010
Okay, finally, I have gotten off my lazy ass and have read this chapter. And let me immediately say, I can't wait to finish this review so I can focus on Chapter 10.

This was astonishing. It was so amazingly handled with such care and delicacy, like a watchmaker. It covers a great amount of bases, yet it felt pretty heartwarming, aside from the danger of the world.

I felt like if that there was any flaw here, is that the drama felt a bit underplayed. Once we got out of the problem with the Time Travelers, that constant threat slowly melted away. It was still fantastic writing how Kyon dealt with Mikuru and Yuki during those scenes, but it still felt like there could have been more.

Seriously though, this is incredible and I regret not reading it sooner. And that ending? Ho, that was just phenomenal. The best cliffhangers not only ask questions, but they are entertaining.
Another Duck chapter 10 . 8/30/2010
This is one of very, very few fics that actually dealt with Haruhi getting to know her powers. Possibly the only one I've read that did it at any length, and seriously. Doing that, it did well. I think I'd write Haruhi's reaction very much like this. It's typical of her to form an almost complete picture, with only a few facts wrong. Of course, those tend to be very significant facts, like Kyon not actually being a slider, but still, she's very bright.

The last chapter was funny in a lot of ways, and contained one of the bigger clich├ęs in Haruhi fiction: Kyon solving everything by doing what he claims is the dumbest thing ever.

The only thing I missed was any kind of significant recognition that Kyon really trusted Haruhi, despite all dangers she's caused. It is something important in their relationship, and part of why the others trust him as much as they do.
mafalda157 chapter 10 . 8/30/2010
And this is why I like Haruhi. Surprisingly clever, unpredictable, and with her heart in the right place despite her flaws. I wanted so much to hug her when she started crying! And I loved the little details she noticed in Kyon's behaviour (extra points because we as the audience started viewing her differently after those events)

In my opinion this was definitely the best chapter, I was glued to the screen. I mean, the part where Kyon yelled at Haruhi to fight this thing? Under any other circumstances it would have been cheesy, but now I can honestly say it was awesome. No wait, this deserves caps: AWESOME. :P I was totally cheering them on.

And finally all the drama led to a perfect, heartwarming ending. I doubt Tanigawa could do any better. Just reading it again brings a smile to my face.

Thanks for writing this! I really enjoyed reading it. :) Looking forward to your other fics.
Raineh Daze chapter 10 . 8/29/2010
Nice story, though I wonder where the powers have gone now? Hmm...

Every time I've seen (I think it only happened twice) 'It's an adventure, right?' the original opening has crept into my head. I prefer Super Driver, really, but was that an intentional reference to the song?

Heheh, happy endings all around.
152 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »