Reviews for The Severance of Haruhi Suzumiya
Of Naught chapter 10 . 8/29/2010
This is one of the best fanfics I've ever read, and perhaps even the best. It'd take me forever to try and explain how amazing this story was, but I'll just try to summarize it. Here we go.

You have captured the very essence of what the light novel was. You seem to have an amazing understanding of every character in the series, especially Kyon. During all of the dramatic and romantic moments, all of the characters involved were perfectly portrayed even in the environment totally different than the light novels'. It wasn't just the tender moments that made this so great; it was all the others as well. There were actiony, adventurous, humorous, etc. scenes as well that really stayed true to the novel. It was just like reading the real deal of the light novel.

In addition to writing a great story, you have turned much of what I had thought I had known about the Haruhi universe, upside down. When I think about it, though, you seemed to be right on the money. Whether it being the possibility of Asahina (Big) just being a cold hearted manipulator, to the possibility that Haruhi had already figured out who everyone was, you have made me see a whole 'nother side of the story (because I didn't think either of the two could be true). Both instances seem very possible by your explanations of both times, but what really got me thinking that that might be possible is the fact that no one was out of character, and if I think back myself, there's enough evidence to prove these possibilities possible. I should start to use another word instead of 'possible' ...

Anyways, as I have said, this was one of the best fanfics I've ever read, and I'm both joyous and melancholy it is complete. If you keep this quality of writing up, I may just read every story you post on here, even if it's about something I have zero knowledge of. Keep on writing these amazing stories!

~ Of Naught

P.S. Nice Bouken Desho Desho? reference at the end. It was the perfect ending.
Durandall chapter 10 . 8/28/2010
Even though I liked the ending well enough, I still feel that Haruhi already knowing the revelation fell short. The conclusion helped make Haruhi more sympathetic again, but ultimately, she only "knows" that Kyon is *spoiler* because your subtext says: She implicitly doesn't trust Kyon; even though they were dating, his words are completely worthless to her.

While this was better than a lot of stories in this category, and in fact was very strong for a first story, it still had some rough spots that could have been smoothed over. Well, I shouldn't complain too much. My complaints aside, I actually did enjoy it, and am confident your next story will be even better written. Looking forward to that!
Brendan Rizzo chapter 10 . 8/28/2010
Wow. You managed to explain Haruhi's knowledge of John Smith without making her a jerk, and actually managed to pull it off nicely, especially considering that this wasn't planned from the start of the fic. Congrats. So, the members of the SOS Brigade will finally be able to live normal lives? The only thing is, if Haruhi gave up her powers, wouldn't that mean that someone else has them now?

And what is the Shambala Summit? If two of my friends are in it, I want to know about it!
Kirino chapter 10 . 8/28/2010
Great ending; I love it. :)
V-departed chapter 10 . 8/28/2010
I love how Haruhi was just about smart enough to figure everything out from the clues around her, she's a sharper girl than people give her credit. Great finale, I though it was odd she lost her powers. Maybe they're just locked away?

Anyway, the explanations were good here, I liked her reasonings and logic, and it's good you portrayed her as angry Kyon kept secrets and him as being regretful of having to keep them. I hate it when people ship the two of them but he still has no qualms about lying to her.

Enjoyed this final chapter a lot, great job!

-Varanus
Broken Kilter Express chapter 10 . 8/27/2010
You've done well Greg, that is all I can say to you. Good work.
Five Centimeters chapter 10 . 8/27/2010
I am sad that its over but it is a brilliant piece that I do plan on rereading over and over again in the future. Stunning characterization, amazing plot, and wonderful dialogue! I look forward to your future works. ;)
superstarultra chapter 10 . 8/27/2010
Shame to see such a wonderful and fantastic story come to an end, but, hey, the best things don't always last forever, right?

You cleared up a lot of questions I had from before. Mostly done in the form of Haruhi's speech near the middle. That was, without a doubt, my favorite part and the most memorable scene for me. You also got everyone nailed down just right in this final installment. Kudos to the unique Kyon-nisms I spotted here and there. They were great. And the final scene had a fitting climax to it that made me smile.

Thanks again for the sneak-peek and everything Severance-related, Greg. You really are quite an awesome writer and an amazing friend to know. Hope to read more from you in the inevitable future. :)

-superstarultra
Alttimer chapter 9 . 8/22/2010
nice the plots really good cant wait to read the last one
Alttimer chapter 2 . 8/22/2010
so far i think i like this fic i see why kyon would trip shes looking for him but he cant tell her hes right here, that has be hard.
JonBob0008 chapter 9 . 8/15/2010
I finally got to reading this chapter and to be honest, it was a biut duller than most of the other, until the last part. The last line of the chapter has me a bit confused, but I'm sure you'll explain that in the last chapter.

Just two nit-pics to mention. One, I spotted about 5 or 6 errors in the chapter (such as the mispelling of the word "helping" with "heling"). Two, I wish the words "I am John Smith" would've been separeted for more dramativ effect.

In any case, I'm looking forward to the last chapter. Hope this story ends just was well as it started.
Dracobolt chapter 9 . 7/7/2010
Blast, but I completely forgot about reviewing this chapter when I first read it. Okay, so anyway, I'll just say that this story is tied with Crossing the Stars for my favoritest Haruhi fic on the site 'cause you're so great at keeping everyone in character and coming up with plot stuff that seems like it came right outta the light novels. The punch at the end of the chapter, too, was just so awesome. I didn't see it coming, but the idea that Haruhi's more in the know than Kyon's aware of is a really interesting one that I've always liked. So, yeah, I am totally looking forward to seeing how he handles that curveball. Anyway, I can't wait until the next chapter shows up. I hope the writing goes well!
Lady StarSparklez chapter 9 . 6/25/2010
I am so very impressed with this story. I hope you plan on posting the next chapter soon!

Haruhi is in character just as I'd imagine her to be, a character the plot revolves around but who takes a receding role only to come back when it is time, with a punching line. XD

Kyon is love. He is such a fun character to write isn't he?

Itsuki's move and the way you described it, writing something that should have been so important to him as a retelling like it was hardly worth focusing on and expected: excellent.

Verdict, I aprove of all aspects of this story, however, stories that remain unfinished are like birthday cakes without the icing and candles!

Good luck with the rest, don't keep us waiting too long okay? :3
Puffin Person chapter 9 . 6/9/2010
Why? Why did the chapter have to end on that cliffhanger? Please update. It's really well written, one of the best stories that I've seen on this website. So please update soon!
Brendan Rizzo chapter 9 . 6/2/2010
Holy shit. I did NOT see that coming. This could easily have a tragic end, since everything has just been nullified. Well, I'll be waiting for your tenth and final chapter.
152 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »