Reviews for The Human Condition
herongale chapter 6 . 5/31/2009
And now I've finished the story. So beautiful.

The ending strikes me as sad somehow, even though everything is resolved to the advantage of everyone (even Megatron, although he's a bit slow to realize this). Not because of the loss of human traits and needs, although maybe that's a part of it (oh, Skywarp... ). But mainly because it has that "breaking of the fellowship" feel, where everyone is back to doing their own things, the shared adventure now over.

I almost don't have the words to articulate how moving and inspiring your writing is here. Thank you so much for sharing.
herongale chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
Your stories have been recommended to me by three completely unrelated individuals in the last few weeks, so I am starting with this one.

It's... well, just one chapter in, and I am already sitting here with shining eyes. I love this so, so much. The premise is insanely clever: magic is probably the only sensible way to bring about this kind of a change, and the fact that you inflicted it on everyone instead of just a select few is what makes this so superior to your average Decepticon-turns-Human fic. (well, that's ONE of the reasons it's superior, but rest assured I am not finished.)

A well-written ensemble fic develops synergy the more characters you are able to bring in, and already in this first chapter you've included over a dozen major Decepticons and given them voice and purpose. This is one of the best and surest ways to create great comedy, but also one of the most difficult: the fact that you are able to do so while making it look so effortless is just… *shining eyes again*… AWESOME.

There are so many little details that l love. Dialogue bits: "pessimism in stereo," "your difficulties are organic and you know it." Action: Bonecrusher shouting "intruder!" and falling on his face as he tries to transform, Megatron beating on Starscream as if nothing had changed. Visuals: purple gloves. purple CLOAK.

I laughed so hard. Jeez freaking AWESOMESAUCE.

As I mentioned to the friend who recommended this story in particular, I love this kind of story because it invokes that rare sort of response: my first thought was "damn, I wish I'd thought of this, it would be SO much fun to write" soon followed by, "… but I'm glad I did it, because it is even more fun to READ." You did such a good job with this idea. No, strike that. You did such an *amazing* job with this idea. I want to read this story over and over again but it's going to be hard because first I have to get past the first chapter… which I LOVE SO MUCH I AM ALREADY READING OVER AGAIN.

I am looking forward to where you take this and I am confident you will do full justice to this amazing premise. One chapter in and I am sold on your greatness.
SyntheticEuph0ria chapter 6 . 5/14/2008
tilts head to side Well, that was certainly interesting. A good read, to be sure.

The conclusion seemed a tad bit rushed, but, in all honesty, I have no idea how it could have been done differently, so it's not an issue.

Loved the plot, and you made an extremely entertaining use of the characters and how they acted around each other.

I know there're other "the TFs turn human!" fics out there, but this was the first one I've actually read. Must admit, it was a most amusing experience. :3 Great work.
Weight-of-the-World chapter 3 . 3/13/2008
I really love this chapter. *Claps* It was well written and it was very visual. You captured the character's personalities to perfection! I know how Melissa feels at working at the Ex. I worked there in the summer last year as a carny. It takes a long time to get there by ttc and i count down the days until i get my days off. I love toronto. Born and raised downtown!

Great work!
ArmoredSoul chapter 6 . 2/25/2008
I love Soundwave's reaction to being himself again.

"Yay! Cassettes! *hug*"

Makes me love Soundwave all the more.

*grabs Soundwave and cassettes in group hug*
ArmoredSoul chapter 5 . 2/25/2008
I hate wizards now.

Take perfectly functional giant transforming robots and turn them into inefficient fleshilings.

Jerk.
ArmoredSoul chapter 4 . 2/25/2008
Aw!

TC/Skywarp fluff is so adorable!
ArmoredSoul chapter 3 . 2/25/2008
I hope the Constructicons make it through this okay.

I mean, Mixmaster and Scavenger ARE pretty unstable...
ArmoredSoul chapter 2 . 2/25/2008
*too busy trying to comfort Soundwave*

Sh...

It's okay, Sound.

They're still there, just a little stuck, is all.
ArmoredSoul chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
I feel bad for Soundwave.

He really doesn't do emotional real well.
Meirelle chapter 6 . 1/31/2008
Yaay! This story was awesome! I had so many lol moments. :D
Meirelle chapter 3 . 1/31/2008
I was going to wait until I was finished reading this to comment, but this chapter had me cracking up so much.

“Say it! Say it! Say I’m the ‘Iron Chef Cybertron’!”

Best line. EVER.
Jessi Tsuki chapter 6 . 11/17/2007
Gotta love Skywarp. Atleast things worked out in the end, and it was an interesting ride.
ShiTiger chapter 6 . 10/19/2007
This was a great fic. Love the slashyness between Sky and Thunder. Way cute!
Seren Maris chapter 6 . 7/24/2007
Cool story! I enjoyed it alot. ;)
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »