Reviews for Fragments
lunarocks14 chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
Aawwh, this is heart-wrenching, sad and happy at the same time, and really cute. You depict Scorpius' emotions and family well. :)
blackraven23 chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
Hi! I really enjoyed this story. Although there are quite a few fics out there about Scorpius, I feel like you really captured him well (or what we think he would be like, J.K. Rowling not being entirely too forthcoming on his personality). Plus, you managed to keep it canon! Good job. :]

Unfortunately, I do think that Draco does have the tendency to be rather heartless and not entirely sensitive to others' feelings, but if this is what allowed Scorpius to grow up outside of his father's reach, I think it might have actually been a blessing in disguise. I guess Lucius and Narcissa are too old to form him into another Draco.

And Albus is cute! He does seem the type to befriend Scorpius. :] Thanks for writing the story!
Inkfire chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
I just loved this... It was so beautiful and so moving
deleted2012 chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
That. Is. Amazing.

The romance between them was believable, and a fresh break from Rose.

I just don't see Rose/Scorpius. I must be an alien. :)

Anyway, that whole "broken family" where Astoria leaves, and Draco leaves... that was heartbreaking. I just love the fact that Lucius was kind. :)))
Tyche Nemesis chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
this is amazing! it's so good how scorpius ends up whole and loved, even though he comes from such a broken family.
sheriff stilinski chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
I'm a diehard Scorpius/Rose fan but I loved this Albus/Scorpius one ;D
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
This is a lovely piece about finding your _real_ family.

Heartbreaking lines:

"Grandmother Narcissa tells him that a husband and wife have to love each other very much in order for a baby to be born. Once supplied with this piece of information, Scorpius is quite sure that he will never have a little sibling."

"This time his grandfather takes Scorpius in his arms and holds the little boy until he eventually cries himself to sleep.." This one made me cry. I think it's the idea that people who made an awful mess of being parents (and behaved badly to a great many people outside their family) can still be affectionate grandparents.

The scene in Herbology class with Albus, and the hint that the past is following Scorpius there too: Professor Longbottom doesn't like him (although from the account here, seems to be trying to hide that fact), probably because he looks just like Draco, who bullied Neville for their first 3-4 years at Hogwarts.

The scene with his father's second family was heart-wrenching: all this family happiness, and he's locked out. (I find it interesting that you pair Draco and Pansy, because it's just so _plausible_ that after having an arranged marriage turn out badly, he'd turn to his old school flame.)

The firewhiskey scene with Albus: heartbreak and alcohol and a first kiss all in one scene. Very nicely done (the details of the snow and the broken bottle really bring it to life).

I like the way you've drawn not only Albus but his family circle, and the way that they extend what they have to others; family isn't an exclusive thing to them; those who have lots of love have lots of it to give away.

The way that Scorpius signals his choice to disown his father is very interesting: he no longer thinks of him as Father but as Draco-a fallible and deeply flawed _boy_, not an adult man or a parent.
RavenEcho chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
Cute.
WhispersInTheShawdows chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
This is great!
Raeshi chapter 1 . 9/3/2009
Wow, what an emotional story. Absolutely hated Scorpius's family in this. So cruel. I mean why did Draco even bother after so long. Good thing Al saved Scorpius.
Violet Dreams13 chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
I'm currently looking through your stories, and God...this story is the reason I'm adding you to my favourite author list, and subscribing to you. I cried so much reading this, and yet, every time I was in tears, there seemed to be a line not far away that would have me laughing. I love love LOVE this story
Midori Yuki chapter 1 . 8/25/2009
omg that was beyond awesome! i loved it!
StarMimi chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
Love this story, I really like how you wrote Scorpius.

(Also, I love the fact that Albus is a Hugglepuff!)
saidtheirnevers chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
...oh, my poor breaking heart. I loved it, I truly loved it. Scorpius...such a pity-inspiring character, yet so strong in the end. Congratulations on reducing me to a puddle of babbling reader. I'll try to get my thoughts together.

Your use of Scorpius's parents and grandparents in this was just enough to get the reader sufficiently angry with them, which is a feat, seeing as most authors tend to overexaggerate and, unfortunately, get the reader angry with the author. I greatly enjoyed your usage of the scene at King's Cross; it was truly heartbreaking to imagine a poor little eleven-year-old being used for his parents' appearances...

The end! So warming, and beautiful, and bittersweet...it took him so long...

Okay, I'm back in mush mode. I'll leave you to your beautiful accomplishment.
NovelT chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
Although I rather dislike Scorpius being so unhappy I am glad this had a happy ending and found the story very enjoyable.