Reviews for Almost Forever
Saudade Florentina chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
Wonderful, I could really see Billie actually thinking this. I like how you included the historical facts of the conspiracy theory and his body was on display as well.
scifen chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
Wonderful piece. I think your portrayal of Billie is spot on and I imagine her experiencing all these emotions in prison. One thing I especially loved was that you stayed true to movie.
SparrowsFlight chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
That was very excellent! I love how you took things from not only the movie, but used the actual facts about Dillinger, like how they displayed his body at the morgue for anyone to come and see. I always thought that was such a disgusting thing, to treat a man like he were a sideshow act...he may have been Public Enemy Number 1 but he was still someone's son, someone's brother, someone's lover.

Did you by any chance get the idea of this by hearing how once Billie got out of jail she toured with JD's father and the other molls on the "Crime Doesn't Pay" tour? They spoke to the youth about what life was like living on the run etc. In my head while I read this, I was just imagining her in that setting.

Great work. I love this.
Gene Kelly chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
I loved this!

You did a great job capturing the perspective of Billie and I felt you remained true to the events of the movie while simultaneously using your own creative insight.

Additionally, I liked the fact that you didn't paint Billie as a victim or a damsel in distress.