Reviews for My Rendition of The Hunchback of Notre Dame
4983478 chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
So...your pen name's pretty self-explanatory. I liked your idea, but maybe you could incorporate Michael, Joseph, etc. into your story.

"Claude Frollo (Joe Jackson) dragged his son, Quasimodo (Michael Jackson-RIP, Michael. I love you forever, my angel.) through Paris towards the cathedral as the Festival of Fools was in full swing."

I found this part quite punny. :D
icedpryce chapter 1 . 10/7/2009
I liked it, though Joe Jackson is a horrible person and Claude really isn't (in the book he's loads more understandable, but I can see you based yourself on the Disney film, which is fine).

Anyway, as far as the way you chose to write this-hey, it's your story. I'm no one to tell you whether to include yourself or not. The whole point of writing fiction is to use your imagination and if you want to involve yourself in the action, in my personal opinion, there's nothing wrong with that, Mary-Sues or not. No one's getting paid for this anyway so let her be.

-sigh- So, now, to the story itself. I thought it was heartwarming and a great tribute to MJ 33

whom I also love. _

I thought he would be like Quasi only in the sense that he felt he was different from others and shy-but never ugly! xD

...and, just adding, MJ wasn't psycho. Congrats! Keep up the good work!
J'aime ma vie chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
First off, you should not insert yourself into your own story. That's not creative, espesically if you plan on making yourself a Mary-Sue. Also, author's notes in the story don't flow well, and whenever a new section of dialogue starts, a new paragraph starts as well.

Plus, tribute fics just don't belong here on . It's great that you love Michael Jackson (He was brilliant before he got all psycho), but tribute fics don't belong on the site. On a positive note, at least you didn't cast Michael Jackson as Clopin - there is a HUGE epidemic of Clopin/OC fics on this site, where all OC's turn out to be Mary-Sues.
damonika2009 chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
Coming from a Michael Jackson fan herself, I thought you did a great job. I'm glad you did a great tribute to him and keep up the good work.
Pierre Gringoire chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
I respect the fact that you are a Michael Jackson fan, but please. For the love of God. Keep tribute fics that this to yourself and keep them out of this section.
stretch the faunlet chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
aw, that was so sweet of you to write Michael something. :')

Rest in Peace Michael jackson!