Reviews for Midnight in Arkham Asylum
That was amazing!
pikachucat chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
awesome
Ferdinand Sutcliff chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
I really really really loved that...

I'm sorta glad you didn't put the Joker in, he would have drawn away from all the different personalities.. You did awesomely... :)

Thanks!

Have a great day!
Trumpeteer34 chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
I loved the Ventriloquist and Jervis Tetch sections. Haha, poor Wesker, being forced to read bed time stories to Mr. Scarface... and poor Jervis. That poor man...

The Harley part made me smile. She is such a little kid.

This is so amazing. Excellent work!
Black391 chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
Oh, what a peaceful one.. that's nice. Enjoyable and you have to read all the way to the end to be "one acquainted with the night"
GodzillaGuy92 chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
Just one thing I wanted to point out before I get to the actual review: The Joker is, in fact, confined alongside the rest of the Rogues Gallery, as shown on several occasions in the show (though you certainly have a point about him probably not being in the asylum that much, since by this point he is able to simply escape at will). It would have been nice to see what you would have come up with for his nightly routine, since the rest of the Rogues Gallery's are so great, but the aforementioned greatness of the other villains' routines quite make up for Mistah J's absence, which in itself is an achievement worthy of applause.

Anyway, as I said, great work on all of the characters. They're all just what I would have thought each of them would do. Even potentially boring ones, such as the Riddler solving crossword puzzles and Two-Face flipping his coin for hours on end, were given a lot of personal flavor to them, you might say. It's so like the villains to have those random little quirks that you give them. Shall we never know why poor Harvey detests his sheets so? O, what mysteries remain unsolved inside that accursed asylum. (By the way, the Waylon Morgan you mentioned is Killer Croc, right? I'm still not sure, because all my searches turned up no results for Waylon Morgan, but Waylon Jones is always Croc's name.)

The routine that really stood out for me in particular was the Ventriloquist and Scarface's. There's a lot of reasons for this, one of them being that I just love those two (or that one, whichever you prefer) - to date, I have never once watched an episode with them in it that I was tired of. Another is that Scarface making Arnold read to him, of all things, is very unexpected, as opposed to the predictable ones like Poison Ivy tending to her plants. (Not that this is a complaint in any way; like the Joker's presence, it is shown many times that Ivy likes to spend her cell time with her plants, and to say differently would be blatantly inaccurate to the source material, which is a very large pet peeve of mine when it comes to fan fiction.) Probably the biggest reason I love that section so much, however, is that it captures them perfectly. I'm not just talking about that I can completely picture Arnold reading to Scarface, but that it is so like Scarface to force the Ventriloquist to do something for him for who-knows-how-many hours each night, no matter how tired Arnold is. And I thought that Scarface turning the gun on Wesker in Read My Lips was bad. This isn't even mentioning him physically punishing Arnold and waking up in all hours of the night to make Arnold move him to a place of more comfortable temperature. Bravo, bravo - you totally nailed their relationship.

Hmm... Scarecrow and this Iris... No idea what's going on there. My first thought was that maybe one or both would somehow escape from their cells and have sex each night, but then I remembered the part about the latter being sixteen. (Then again, Bruce/Barbara is canon in the DCAU, so who knows? Clearly there's room for screwed up stuff.) I'm going to hazard a guess that Iris is the OC that you mentioned is featured in Descent into Darkness, so I guess that I'm gonna find out fairly soon anyway. Still, the little hint you gave in this story piques my curiosity, so I am quite eager to see what's in store for me when I read that story. Until then, see ya! Keep up the brilliance!
Shi-P-Dream chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
Very good (as I love this couple). I hope you continue writing about Batman, in the future. I would like to translate this fic, if you do not mind, is one of my favorites.

Your character Iris helped me create my own OC, due to their beliefs, powers and decisions. (not for fitness, because my OC is a coward LOL).

In fact, I thought honor him because, in my fic, I baptize a character like "Iris" is practimante same, except it's not Jonathan's partner (sorry if this bothers you) due to that in my fic have a more father-daughter relationship.

I hope that once you can read it, soon as Suvir and later translated into English (though my English is not very good)

We continue to read.
Dr Facer chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
I think it is interesting. And thanks for not adding the Joker, there's too many fics around him already and this was a nice change of pace.

good work.
Madam Pegasus chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
Every one of them so well written and detailed! Is Waylon Morgan another OC of yours?

Poor Jervis...