Reviews for Two Worlds
Otherwise known as Persephone chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
Wow. I really loved this story.
Il'Diko chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
This was really beautifully done. You do Fleur really well, sjóhe is real, human, even loveable. Loved how you introduced her two worlds, that was well trought thought. Another fav. :D
FirstYear chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Wonderful! The images are very real, allows the reader to actually see the scene.

I think what I liked best, if it is possible to pick this apart is Grandmama being beautiful in her old age. We too often read "the once beauty" or that "in her youth", but here...a woman is seen as beautiful, powerful, and loved past the age most could see it.

The line ..."Being beautiful is such a part of who you are, you barely understand that the real you is separate." should be taught to every young woman... only leave out beautiful,make it a fill in the blank, what a great line for building up the self esteem.

Okay, for not wanting to pick it apart I am doing it...

The part when she picked up her baby sister was perfectly written. I think only someone with children of their own could identify the moment that the older child excepts the younger, and takes ownership...you showed it with awe and love.
Julia Claire chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
This is so good! I never thought of Veela- or even Fleur's childhood- like that. Normally, stories written in second person (you's) annoy me, but it works very well in your story. I love the idea of Fleur realizing she is different from her cousins, and also the slight hint of Bill, who loves her for who she is.
RavenEcho chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Wow, this was breathtaking. Absolutely fascinating insight into the difference between veelas and humans. I hadn't considered this before.
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
Very beautiful, lyrical, magical in the full sense... a meditation on beauty inner and outer, living in two cultures. I've always found Fleur a fascinating character and wanted to know more about her, and this satisfies; immediately I know this is how it must have been.
alds87 chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
Wow! Never thought about Fleur's Veela heritage before- beautifully done. I especially like the distance you show between the full Veela cousins, and the implications about choices vs heritage. Well done :)
HorribleHolly chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
Wow. This is absolutely amazing. Seriously.
sleepy queens chapter 1 . 8/25/2009
Very nice, I like the idea of Fleur's two worlds.
emuroo chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
This is beautiful. I never thought of what it must have been like for Fleur having that split heritage.
EHWIES chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
I love your style in this; your descriptions of the Veela world are vivid and beautifully done. The characterization of Fleur's grandmother was also fantastic.
MBP chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
Katy, what is it about your stories that even when it's a subject I could never write, it still tugs at me so? This one... I ached for Fleur, for how hard it must be for her to be split between two worlds like this. I love the detail you've given to both worlds. Harry Potter might've always seemed like a fairyland, but that it's really just another part of our own becomes very obvious here. The Veela are the definition of a fairyland. And I loved reading about it. This is just amazing.
Dodger Gilmore chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
This was lovely. A part of Fleur's past I've never given any thought to, but you made it make perfect sense this way. Her drifting apart from one world as she got more settled in the other made perfect sense. Beautifully written, too.
NellieNotMolly chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
I enjoy your version of Fleur, and it's fun to read about the other side of the family. :-) I liked the wand-core idea, and especially Grandmama's words: “Find a man who will love who you are.” I love that message.
hermoinelvsronald chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
luv luv luv it!

great idea and i love the character development and how the veela's work

i thought all veela's had wand magic but i luv ur idea that the grandma's hair is in the wand!

keep up the great writing