Reviews for The Collective Groan
lapaxlove chapter 12 . 8/12/2013
These drabbles are good! Please make more! Would Cloud ever catch Tifa & Vincent together?
JessicaJ chapter 12 . 2/1/2013
Sneaky Vincent, fooling around while Cloud is out. I like it though- slightly more rebellious.
JessicaJ chapter 11 . 2/1/2013
loved it. Beautiful domestic snapshot.
JessicaJ chapter 10 . 2/1/2013
Yes! Vincent get in!
JessicaJ chapter 5 . 2/1/2013
I so want to see more beyond these snapshots, but I suppose that's why I like them; because they're short and simple and effective.
JessicaJ chapter 4 . 2/1/2013
Spent a few minutes laughing at Gumshoe. I have a thing with words. They are best friends, enemies, laughter and sadness.
JessicaJ chapter 2 . 2/1/2013
abstract, I liked it.

Sorry nothing more to say- I am absorbing.
Zen Monk chapter 12 . 1/5/2013
It's pretty funny to find Cloud steadily becoming urgent, which I felt was the tone of this chapter or that I read really quickly, and then becoming enraged with jealousy.

I also didn't realize that a tea bath includes several jars of the stuff. Also, more world-building! They have a bathtub! Possibly fit for two people (like Nana and Ren, from NANA *3*). Or perhaps it's really something else- who knows! I like how it's still ambiguous yet still telling that it's implied romantic shenanigans... or maybe not! I think that's what makes the chapter fun.

Since this is your recent chapter in this series of stories, I want to say that I really enjoy reading your shorts and drabbles. I think you've shown so much with so little words- in which I am very wordy with what I want to write, so I am also being envious and studious over how you write- so it speaks well on how you portray verisimilitude.

Now to avoid going off on pretention, I hope that you have a great new year and that 2013 offers great opportunity for you! I've been wanting to write a lot of reviews for you, but until now have lacked coherency and diligence.
Zen Monk chapter 11 . 1/5/2013
I enjoy this slice-of-life bit! It's very light-hearted and domestic. I really love it when these two get to be such normal sillies and done so in a way that feels natural.
Zen Monk chapter 10 . 1/5/2013
I like how the way it was written feels lyrical and like a poem.
Zen Monk chapter 7 . 1/5/2013
I deeply enjoy world-building for characters, even if they are minor instances. It shows family life, implied beliefs and metaphors. Even if it's about a faucet leaking. I like how as a kid, he tries to ignore the sound, but in adult life he seeks it out now that he has found meaning for him.
Zen Monk chapter 6 . 1/5/2013
I thought this was a really clever drabble. It shows both insensitivity and tragedy.
Zen Monk chapter 5 . 1/5/2013
I love this chapter, and it's mostly because I'm biased towards Vincent/Tifa. I like that it's ambiguous, in that it's implied but still unclear whether something has happened, and it's explicit when Cloud repeatedly questions whether one has been in the strawberries- I suppose meaning eating them messily?- and being smacked by Tifa. I read them as euphemisms, in which both can be twisted romantically, especially towards the end.

I also like the overall red theme- being smacked, strawberries, Vincent (he's all red), Cloud seeing red, lipstick and such.
Zen Monk chapter 4 . 1/5/2013
The Hollywood vocabulary makes me smile a lot. It's a good reminder of all those film studies classes I had, and it's a reminder of all those old-timey idioms and it works really well with this chapter with Rude. Especially when it's second person, because it enhances the noir themes in here. It even ends cynically and bittersweet, so it's a great culmination of various motifs.
Zen Monk chapter 3 . 1/5/2013
I greatly enjoy this drabble! Rude/Tifa has a soft place in my heart, and I like the insinuations of other potential couplings, like Cloud and Rufus.

Before I go in danger of being off topic, I like that there's this uncertainty for Rude based on how he tries hard to please Tifa, at least, which was inferred by how "at least his sunglasses fit." It's kinda funny how he feels self-conscious on how not!normal he is when in reaction to Tifa wanting normal, since it's like there's no one in her social circle who really is normal, e.g. Cloud and Rufus.