Reviews for New Life
hervissa chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
Very interesting fic...and very interesting thing that when reading the words "free shave", I automatically thought about slitting throat xD

hervissa :)
JamesLuver chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
I think this is a wonderful companion-type 'fic to 'Violets'. :D

Haha, Sweeney's behaviour at the beginning is so typical of him, and I had to giggle a little at Mrs. Lovett still hoping that the barber just wanted to spend time with her when he dragged her to the room like that. Just little sentences like that really help to define her as a character.

I'm glad Nellie stood up for herself in this 'fic; he deserved everything she said to him. I like how that was essentially the catalyst for her being able to "move on" from him a little, though still having the pain of not being with him at the same time.

And yay for the cuteness! Sweeney bringing Mrs. Lovett the flowers was very sweet; it's an image that I really do love. And I love how you made it more in character without having him declaring his undying love for her, because that really would be a bit unrealistic. Sometimes hugs are as good as anything, and I love his speech about Nellie being his earth, his water and his air; that's really lovely imagery right there. And I also adore the bit about perhaps being able to live again - once again you've managed to incorporate beautiful symbolism. Your job is awesome for inspiring such great work. :D
Inkfire chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
Loved this! (beams)
TheAlmightyMeow chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
Aw. This is seriously one of the sweetest story I've ever read.

:')
Charmingly-Evil chapter 1 . 10/7/2009
this is the second time i read the story, its actully one of my faves. its a sweet story, one of your bests.
jjjfk chapter 1 . 9/28/2009
Sometimes I can't find the right words to express myself like I want to, but you really do write wonderfully.

:D
SpoonfulOfArsenic chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
I absolutely love it. :)
Gallows Calibrator chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
aww, how cute!

You could easily turn this into a multi chap fic.
Mrs. Lovett chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
wow. That's so true, about the plant thing. No matter how broken you are you can always start over. loved the story. ANd i luv sweeney todd!
unamuerte chapter 1 . 7/27/2009
Brilliant, as usual! Sorry I took forever to getting round to reviewing! I'm back at the brain farm *uni* ick but I decided to ignore my homework and read your marvellous story instead. I love all your stories but this is quite superb. My review isn't good enough to summarise what's so touching about this - I just have to say that everything about this is what could *almost* have happened in that little moment they had together before Stupid Ick Anthony ran in and spoilt it. But yes, I just love it all. Even when Sweeney calls her a witch lol. I was reminded of Sleepy Hollow at that point. Anyway, enough rambling from me. This is going straight to my favourites. You must have a fun job if it inspired this - I'm guessing a florist's?
b1oom chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
The epic sweetness of this vignette has me almost in tears.

{V}
linalove chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
Beautiful!Well done.:)
libramoon-scorpiovenus chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
aw, how delightful, i have never read anything so sweet:] your a good one for the sweet oneshots"]] so where do you work?

~Haley
SweeneyToddRocksMySocks chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
Oh my gosh this is so sweet. I'm desperately in love with this fic. It's beautiful. It's amazing. It's awe inspiring. It's enchanting. Bewitching. Marvelous. Astonishing. It's too good to be true! I'm so favorite-ing this. Fantastic job! :D