Reviews for Final Fantasy VII Unofficial Novelization
SummonerStrife chapter 51 . 2/21
Great chapter! Lots of interesting background info here... Makes me wonder how far they'll delve into this stuff in the Remake. I found it very interesting that you mentioned VII's possible connection to X (Farplane, pyreflies, etc). I thought this was a fan theory of sorts, or is it actually confirmed canon now? Cool idea either way. I'm curious to see Cloud's relationship with both Aerith and Tifa really begin to develop as well, and I can't wait to see Cloud's mental state begin to break down... There's so much to see! Looking forward to each new chapter!
XiiiKakashi chapter 1 . 1/2
Hey I'm curious. How do you plan on working out cloud and tifa's relation or if you had already what is it like? I know that in the game there were choices you can make to show Tifa/aerith more attention, how did you go about that, or is there no romance and you adapted the story with strictly fantasy etc.?
SummonerStrife chapter 50 . 1/2
Another great chapter! You did a good job describing how Spirit Energy and Materia work, much better than the original translation in the game did. I also appreciated Yuffie's laughter when everybody else was in shocked silence and horror; it just felt appropriate to her character. Can't wait to read the next chapter!
SummonerStrife chapter 49 . 10/19/2016
I'm in love with this novelization! Wonderful, exceptional - just like I'm replaying the game in book form. I'm so glad that you're continuing with your work, and beyond excited for the next chapter! Can't wait for the next update! From, a fan :-)
Yadda Wadda BaddaBoom chapter 1 . 9/18/2016
Well, I'm finally getting around to reading this and am very excited! Also saw your post on Facebook and amvery happy to be able to experience reading your insight on such an iconic and beloved game! (I'm an almost 20 yr fan myself, even getting my car detailed in FFVII artwork!)

Thanks for sharing your creativity, here I go now. Time to read more. ;)

Debi Ann Yadda
eagle219406 chapter 47 . 7/2/2016
Just finished up to this point. From your description, i'm guessing that Rio is "Moogle Girl. "
eagle219406 chapter 45 . 7/1/2016
I just made it to this chapter. It was awesome. A little added Sephiroth scene. But a few things bugged me. One thing, Yuffie was riding in the buggy and was totally fine. Did you forget about her motion sickness, or just disregard it? Also, does anything ever happen during the day? Because it seems every scene you have is either at night, or close to sunset.
eagle219406 chapter 27 . 6/21/2016
Nice talk about fossil fuels there. I always did find it kind of ironic how Barret, an environmentalis, was always talking about using coal, which last I heard was a pretty dirty fuel source.
eagle219406 chapter 26 . 6/21/2016
I don't know if you respond to the reviews here, but I will review anyway. I had just gotten this far in the story far it is great. There was one thing that bugged me about this chapter though. That was how Aerith was portrayed. During the monster attack, she froze in fear, leaving others to fight for her. Basically it was like she was the typical damsel that everybody had to save. As far as I know, she was nothing of the sort in the game. She could fight as well as the rest of them. Also, what about her staff?
Freefan1412 chapter 47 . 6/23/2015
Oh no. No next chapter. And it's getting so interesting now too. With the Turks paying an unannounced visit, Nibelheim looming in the near future, and Barret (trying to) rope the party into a planet saving agenda and with Cloud spending more effort than usual to not dwell, with him getting stuck between two girls, Sephiroth planning things and having gleaned probably dangerous knowledge from Aerith's book, Cait Sith doing more spy work and possibly sabotage and so forth.
I'm looking forward to the next volume. Please keep up the great work and thanks again for writing this!
Freefan1412 chapter 44 . 6/23/2015
This chapter was so sad bitter sweet. It had me teary eyed the entire time. Aerith talking about Zack to Cloud, speaking of their resemblance and the emotional moment between her and Cloud. Cloud talking to Zack's parents and having no idea how significant the tale they told him was to him personally, reading Zack's letter. Cloud wanting to know more about Zack for the significance to himself. Aerith's reference to the day in the church where she 'sensed'. Teary eyes and lump in my throat the entire time, I tell you.
Freefan1412 chapter 43 . 6/23/2015
...are Rude and Reno gossiping? Like girls or housewives, about crushes?! I think my image of the Turks has been dealt a severe blow.
On a different note, Reno's reference to Cloud being able to wield the Buster Sword seems to indicate that the Turks have got no idea of Cloud's memory issues...Wonder what they'd think about it, given that a number of them had been somewhat friends with Zack.
Freefan1412 chapter 40 . 6/23/2015
A first mention of Zack by name. I loved Cloud's reaction to it. I imagine it to be a bit like hitting his amnesia with a sledgehammer. Too bad the forget-wall is sturdy.
All in all, this chapter was very fascinating. I honestly hadn't expected an old random man living in a lonely house to have such interesting connections and stories. I didn't know the Buster Sword and the Masamune were made by the same smith. It seems materia is getting more presence in this story now and I'm looking forward to that (I think).
Great work!
Freefan1412 chapter 37 . 6/23/2015
Well, Cloud sure has found himself a problem. And Cait Sith. When it tags along, the party is going to be a lot more lively. Also; not helpful. xd If Cait Sith's particular branch of spywork includes sabotage of the people it is spying on, then so far its a job well done.
Freefan1412 chapter 34 . 6/23/2015
Rufus Shinra isn't exactly a nice guy, but he knows what he is doing. And he seems competent and not prone to stupidity masked by arrogance and ignorance. It makes him definitely more respectable. And as they say, a hero is only as good as the adversary overcome. Now Shinra may not be the ultimate enemy, it's still something to be overcome...
Yep, I'm definitely more comfortable with Rufus than his father.
I can't believe Cloud just walked straight up to Hojo to ask him questions. Boggled my mind. And just from the few questions, the guy seems to have nice new material for lots and lots of theories. Urgh. Creepy. But at the very least, having him do summer vacation gives him some character.
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »