Reviews for Liquor, Lingerie, and Leather Bound Musings
EverDreamer chapter 41 . 7/10
This is one of the best fanfics I've ever read. It was very well-thought out. I generally don't like first person POV, and when I started the story, I felt that I could just not imagine Goten being so angsty and swearing so much, etc. However, the character development was so incredible that by the end I was completely convinced. I really enjoyed this story!
kendokao chapter 41 . 6/28
That was an emotional roller coaster in the best way. I didn't expect to be sucked in as much as I ended up being, so kudos for the storytelling. You created a really believable teen Goten, with some interesting insights/explorations of other characters as well. I got nervous for a moment about how things were going to turn out with Goku (it bothers me when fics amp up the Goku bashing), but you handled that beautifully. You also struck a good balance of weirdness, drama, and caring with Trunks.
kendokao chapter 24 . 6/27
I was planning to wait until the end to review, but I couldn't help but say something when I got to this chapter. (I'm a total sucker for the Son family/sibling dynamic.) The story is super fun & engaging so far, with great characterization all around. Gohan's idiosyncratic style of knocking is a detail that feels so right for him. As for Goten & Trunks, I can totally see their personalities like this as they grow up, and you've brought nice depth to Goten's POV. & there's still so much reading ahead! I'm excited to get through the rest.
timaelan chapter 1 . 6/26
Holy shit. This was good. It's so smart and well-written. And funny too. Really brilliant.
Best fanfic I've ever read PANCAKES/10
Ai chapter 1 . 8/7/2014
has stopped working due to extreme laughter and brain trauma of the vision of vegeta in a negligee
orangepumpkins chapter 41 . 6/13/2013
I truly enjoyed reading this. It wasn't an "Oh my god, what is going to happen next? I mist know! ajdbdkdndkdkndj!" type dealio though but more of an unconscious click to the next chapter, catching myself doing so and wanting to stop but already reading type deal. I don't know if that makes sense outside of my head or not but it is meant to be a compliment...ANYWAYS, this was wonderfully written; witty, authentic, the list goes on. Kudos to you and now I go tocheck out your other stuff :)
Noip13 chapter 40 . 2/24/2013
...just finished re-reading your fanfic. I must say, this is one of the best ways to blow Saturday night/Sunday morning I've ever used. I seriously can't go more than a few months without reading this; it's just too good. Everything I said last time still stands, and more. I'm in the middle of reading another DBZ fanfic with about five times as many reviews as you, and I needed a break. A palette cleanser, if you will. I think I'm going to go read more Goten in high school stories, see if I can find any good ones.

Sorry, off topic. Anyway, if ever deletes the website, this will, undoubtfully, be one of the first stories I painstakingly copy onto Word, because I think I would die if I couldn't read this whenever I felt like a good plot, interesting characters, and (many) laughs. Thanks again for the wonderful fic.
Zuchiku chapter 41 . 1/23/2013
Funny, dramatic and capturing me. I wasn't quite sure if I would make it to the end but I did.
Sometimes it's nice to read things from a different perspective in the DBZ-Universe, compared to the everything is happy kinda attitude and no emotional stress on the characters.
Noip13 chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
added humor and a lot more to the Addo issue. And then there's Addo and the rest of the characters, each so beautiful in their own, utterly insane way. My favorite was Kato, the facilitator, who was weirder and more mysterious than every other character put together, in my opinion. Though Trunks, the birdseed-lacing Pigeon Lord gave him a run for his money, and same goes for Dia, she of the pudding cups.

And then there's this fictional Goten, through a bunch of diary entries, has become more real to me than a lot of DBZ character. Especially Real Teenage Gohan. I want to punch that guy...not that it would do much good.

The jokes were hilarious, and yet blended well with serious moments. Who knew what damage a cup of orange juice could do? Though getting eyebrows blown off, and then getting MAKEUP on you due to that, or having a jerk of a teacher yelled at by one of the most powerful CEOs on the planet is an interesting idea, too. Though my favorite jokes are each and every pigeon one...

But the best part? The plot. I could tell, right from the beginning, that you weren't just running with the plot. Everything was timed, everything was interwoven. Little mentions of Ava's interactions suddenly showed her in a whole new light when she told Goten who she truly loved. The running issues with his brother and Trunks. Especially Trunks. Nao generally being shoved off more and more, until he's reached his breaking point- and is let in on the secret. Which was done in a very unique way, also. So many obsess over the great secret reveal, making it the main point of the story, and yet this was a plot device used briefly, and then discarded. Why thrust a cliche into a story of sheer ingenuity? Same goes for the sparing use of super powers, thoiugh the liberal use of all-important sparring worked well. And, of course, the art project, weaving in and out of the plot, and somehow bringing everything together at the end. 85? Idiot teacher. The poor guy deserves an A. I mean, didn't she read the junk he's had to put up with for the last two months? It was there in bold print- literally.

To sum up this rambling review, this story was a beautiful, fascinating composition of interwoven plot threads and utter insanity. I doubt I will ever read another story quite like it, and thank you. My only regret is that I can't enjoy more of this story, but I doubt you'll ever post a sequel if you haven't gotten around to it already. So thank you, so much, for this amazing and hilarious diary of the ridiculous and harsh trials of a teenage, gay, half-alien guy with serious father, mother, boyfriend, brother, and friend issues.
Noip13 chapter 41 . 11/8/2012
First of all, I don't like yaoi. Period. Just to add some perspective to this review.

Second, this story (and most of your DBZ works, but this one is at the top) is one of the greatest DBZ stories I've ever read, and one of the greatest stories I've ever read. Period.

Now, why do I like this story when I hate so many yaoi (and many other) stories in general?

Well, to start, it was a plot point, but not an issue. They were already dating, it wasn't a angst over getting together. And this kind of relationship clicks with these two characters. Easy-going banter, mostly the relationship you'd expect from best friends, not boyfriends. Guess being friends with benefits works. But anyway, it brought more into his refusal to date Ava, and
Dead account no longer here chapter 41 . 8/28/2012
Great ending.
Dead account no longer here chapter 18 . 8/27/2012
The bird thing is killing me.
Dead account no longer here chapter 15 . 8/27/2012
My. Gawd. The bird scene was... FUNNY AS ALL HELL! Cerealiouly. I was giggling the whole time. Very funny so far.
Dead account no longer here chapter 3 . 8/27/2012
It's funny as hell so far. At first I wasn't going to read it but then I'm like " Give it a chance" and I love it.

Check out my stories.