Reviews for Quid Pro Quo
Cat and NCIS Obsessed chapter 1 . 4/25
He raises his eyes to Liz, who is pacing in front of his desk, hands knitted in front of her. He thinks her apparent anxiety has less to do with her budget review though, and more to do with a particularly bad or particularly big caffeine hit. Or perhaps she is simply eager to get back downstairs to see what messes have been created in her absence.

"You're not….worried I'm gonna try and… seduce you. Are you?"

His eyes drop thoughtfully over the sensible black dress and tall brown boots she chose to wear to this meeting. "Worried, no," he replies carefully: "Intrigued…a little."

"They're called principles, Jack."

He hums slightly: "I'll remind you of that when next year's budget needs reviewing."

"I was feeling desperate," she shrugs: "And noble."

"A dangerous combination in any woman."

"That sounds awfully preemptive," she mutters.

"True," he admits, then goes on with: "But I have never had trouble gaining access to whatever quadrants I desired."

"I'm sure," she muses, eyeing him askance. A moment later, she seems to dismiss any insinuation he might have made – either that, or her coffee kicks in again – because she holds up one finger and starts towards the door.

She pauses, narrows her eyes behind her specs and points a finger vaguely: "Were you just-?"

"…What?"

Her lips curl up slightly. "Were you just…checkin' out my ass, like, a second ago?"

Jack is silent a long moment. He turns a few pages before telling her evenly: "Lemon…I am just about to approve your entire budget, without question or negotiation."

He raises his eyebrows at her. Liz swallows. Then nods a few times slowly.

Then she bends down and plants both hands on the tabletop, giving him a lovely, unhindered view of another of his favored quadrants. He really shouldn't have disparaged it as he did - even without first-hand knowledge, he's sure it's a lovely quadrant. It may have been mere jealousy that made him say otherwise. And while he does not entirely approve of Lemon's outlandish behaviour, her breasts have never done anything but please him. What's more, he'd hate for her to go and cover them up in reaction to his careless comment.

"You better enjoy this, Jack," she murmurs, dark eyes glinting down at him: "Because I'm not doing it again."

"You walk in and out of here everyday, Lemon," he points out smoothly. But he refrains from telling her how much he enjoys it each and every time.

For a moment, she struggles to come up with a reply, perhaps understanding for the first time, that he's been checking her out all along and will continue to do so, with ever-growing relish.

There's a curious sweetness to the way she carries herself, a frank humility.

She swings the door shut, her chin held high and Jack's surprised chuckle fills the empty room. He puts the bulky budget folder to one side, eagerly anticipating the following year's round of budget renewals. And for the second time in under a week, he has the irrational urge to mumble rather fondly, rather proudly and rather delightedly:

"That's my girl."

This was so well written, so many great lines. I would have loved for this to be the actual ending for the episode but I suppose I will have to be happy that an author as amazing as you has written this to be read at all. Um, so yeah, really well done, very cute in a funny/dramatic sort of way.
Brennason chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
That was awesome :) I love Liz. "I totally wore boots on purpose." all of your stories are adorable. I plan to read all of them. And you write 30 Rock, Doctor Who, AND Castle! It's my dream come true!
Aria chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
LOVE your stories! It's as if you're channeling Liz and Jack - you have such a handle on their characters! Just Awesome! A sweet and rather hot story - terrific, as always!

You rock! :-)