Reviews for The Killing Moon
SuperVikinggirl chapter 23 . 3/22
Fabulous. On the edge of my freakin seat, fabulous. I loved how I could never quite guess what was coming next. Thanks so much for writing
girlbythewater chapter 24 . 3/13/2013
I'm going to be putting up a "real" review in the next day or so, but in the mean time I would just like to express the following emotion: OH MY GOD WHY DOESN'T LEE BENDER EVER DIE IT'S LIKE THE COCKROACH FROM HELL OH MY GOD AHHHHHHH!

Okay. I'm better now. Thank you.

Sam's reaction to seeing Lee's ghost at the end is completely understandable.
Alyssa Halliwell chapter 24 . 6/30/2012
Loved the moment near the beginning between Dean and Lucy Ross

I forgot to mention this in my other review, but I love Kathleen and I'm so glad you didn't kill her off, I was worried for a moment that you might, and I did like her and Dean together

That first encounter with the Wendigo was particularly very creepy, and I love how you sort of made the Wendigo a character in itself
Sharlot chapter 24 . 6/9/2012
OK, first off, I have to review Lila’s review, because fuck if she didn’t say everything I want to say better than I could possibly say it! Yep! She has it all nailed!

You know, I have this very vivid memory of reading this fic. It is probably the ONLY fic I’ve ever read that made me weep when I WASN’T READING. Meaning, I was away from the fic, in the kitchen…loading the dishwasher…and suddenly the tears started coming. So please, re-read Lila’s review and then double it for me, mk? Everything she says is exactly how I feel…especially her thoughts about Dean.

Just a couple more points that she didn’t mention. First, that moment that Dean recounts to Kathleen all those significant dates of Sam’s life that he remembers…absolutely laid me flat. It did me in completely and utterly. One of the single most heartbreaking moments of ANY fic, published or not, that I’ve ever read. It was so devastating, yet the love that Dean felt for his brother was so palpable…which made it even MORE devastating.

The other thing that I really want to tip my hat to you with this is your rendering of Kathleen. You’ve taken a small, likeable character…one that we never really got to know, and made her completely and utterly your own. Yes, she was a canon character, but to me she is a great OC, because you have really brought her to life for us, more than the show was capable of doing. And what a TREAT to have an strong woman in a fic! She was so proactive and brave and courageous, putting her life on the line for the boys like she did…going until she simply could not go anymore. I absolutely loved her. So thank you SO much for creating such an amazing character for us.

Simply a stunning piece of fiction. As good as I’ve ever read anywhere.
Lila chapter 24 . 4/15/2012
So, I don't even know. Truly, I just... argh... don't know what to say here. I meant to leave a review last night when I finished The Woods are Lonely, Dark and Deep, but I couldn't wrap my mind around what I'd just read. I was devastated, completely and utterly by that story. I've been reading fanfiction for over 10 years now, in many fandoms, and I've been fortunate to come across quite a few talented authors, but none of them, absolutely none, were able to wreck me the way you did with The Woods.

I came to your writing initially for the work you've done with Destiel (which I won't touch on here, but just so you know, you are the best of the best when it comes to writing Dean and Cas) and I was intrigued by the fact that you'd done these lengthy gen stories as well. Then I read the summary and for a good long while, I chickened out of reading it. I was afraid. To me, it sounded like dark!fic, and well, it was, but in this way that was just so much more painful than anything else I've read in the fandom. (If there's something out there that puts the boys through the ringer more than this fic, I don't ever want to know about it. My psyche won't be able to handle it.) Maybe this wormed its way so deep into my gut because of how much I love Dean- everything about him as a character- and the skill with which you tore him apart, mentally and physically? It was as if the dog was tearing into my leg, as if Missy's grubby hands were roaming over me, as if Lee Bender had taken something irreparable from me. And maybe even worse... as if I had been abandoned by the person I love most in the world as well.

Don't get me wrong- your ability to write Sam and Bobby is absolutely unparalleled, but your Dean... God, your Dean! And the way the other characters see him! Dean's character is so representative to me of everything bright and good and how that shining light can survive in the worst of circumstances, and when I see him beaten down so thoroughly as he was in this fic... I'm not surprised you made me weep. I'm reading over this review and realizing that I haven't even gotten to The Killing Moon yet. Ugh. I should have left a separate review last night. I knew it. Anyhow, I spent most of this afternoon reading this sequel, and I'm not gonna lie, I was hoping for a steady journey up to the light. Not quite what I got, but somehow, the way you write, it's, well, it's the most cathartic pain and suffering I've ever seen. Reading these stories was like lancing a wound. I'm moving on to Never Come Back, and hoping- possibly in vain- that I'll see the hurt scab over. I think maybe that's why I ship Dean with Castiel so hard; Castiel's regard for Dean... it could be such a balm to everything in Dean that reaches out for unconditional love... someone who will never leave him. That said, I wish in canon Dean would treat Cas better...

Wow. Where am I even going with this?

Maybe that's the whole point of me writing this review, though: your fic made me think about all the things that make up these characters- the events they've gone through, their motivations, their potential futures- and reminds me why I love them all. If that isn't a thing of beauty, I don't know what is.

So, to sum up, thank you, and please, don't ever stop writing.
Greenbush chapter 23 . 8/4/2011
I didn’t think that you could do any better than “The Woods are Lonely, Dark and Deep”, but here it is.

Another epic story with torment, surprises, and a smidgeon of humour that’s better than a lot of books I’ve paid good money for. You haven’t been loitering at any crossroads, have you…?

The outstanding chapter for me was 18 – Duelling Banjos. Dean’s confusion, his attempt to leave, his confrontation with Lee, all beautifully written.

As for the ending. It’s a close call, but I’d go with the first version simply because it had some closure for Dean.
Brightshadow-chi chapter 24 . 4/5/2011
the ending was great, like the whole story itself.

I loved the ending in which Dean actually talked to Kathleen better, she was there the whole time and the whole ordeal, and it just seemed more fitting to have her talked to Dean for the last time.

and I just wanted to say, yet again, that I loved how well you've written each individual characters, story-line and of course your style of writing. and am happy to know there are people out there knowing the worth of a good story, and awarding it for what it's worth ;)
Brightshadow-chi chapter 21 . 4/5/2011
WOW, who would have thought that Dean would kill the thing with his ring! wonderful thinking there.

I always loved his ring and it made me sooooooo happy to see he actually used it for something so great and in a good way ;)
Brightshadow-chi chapter 15 . 3/27/2011
God! all those things Dean said about Sam's childhood made my heart melt like, real crazy.

wonderful job on that part ;)
Brightshadow-chi chapter 14 . 3/26/2011
oh my God, this chapter(ch.14) was amazing. and the fact that the thing is the real Gabe! just WOW. great one.
ohgravitysonfire chapter 24 . 2/17/2011
i like the shipped ending more cuz i dont think kathleen would have gotten back with her ex
ohgravitysonfire chapter 23 . 2/17/2011
...WHY AINT HE DEAD AND GONE INSTEAD OF JUST DEAD?
ohgravitysonfire chapter 22 . 2/17/2011
lol so the shoutout to 'Abbey' at the beginning of the chpt threw me off. i was like...i never told her my name...and then i was like i wasnt reading this back then-different Abbey same spelling lol
ohgravitysonfire chapter 20 . 2/16/2011
HANDS DOWN BEST CHPT YET! I seriously was edge of my seat loving this chpt! i laughed i felt like i might give a heart-wrenching sob, but not quite lol...i just did a lot of chuckling and 'OMG YES, NO!, COME ON!'
ohgravitysonfire chapter 18 . 2/15/2011
hahahha that title is so appropriate it's hilarious despite circumstance lol