Reviews for The Mideseducation of Sam Winchester
stripeypirate chapter 4 . 4/14/2013
This story is amazing! I can't believe more people haven't favorited it. Sam's characterization and the depiction of his downward spiral fit perfectly into the canon, and to top it all off, beautifully written :)
casammy chapter 4 . 4/27/2011
The season 4 was really painful for my, dean this one so torn that it was not capable of seeing that it was pushing far sammy and as his baby bro villain escaping between his hands as the water, directly towards everything, god since he hated ruby! Even today I hate so much her for having manipulated sam, taking advantage of the pain and the dean's loss and since almost it manages to separate dean of sam, very bitch, but the dean's love to sam always is mas strongly and always it is going to win, you can make understand the dean's feeling love towards sam capable of doing everything for him, so well that comes to the soul because of it I am charmed with his histories
SassyLilPanda chapter 4 . 6/23/2010
I like your stories and all, but you've really gotta give some kind of warning when you start writing vomiting scenes. I'm not sure what gives here, but the boys don't even get sick from stuff like this in the show at all and it's not even remotely suggested. They've got stomachs of steel by now considering all they've been through. Honestly, sometimes people are kicking back and eating whilst reading and the next thing you know you're reading about one of your favorite characters vomiting all over the place. x_x So yeah...try and give a little warning for those of us with weaker stomachs, please? It really takes away from the talent of your writing when you write about things like that.
IheartSam7 chapter 4 . 10/26/2009
oh that was made of love. Sick Sam is THE BEST. U must write more. Please...
MirandaRoche chapter 4 . 9/1/2009
I really enjoyed this story, especially the flash backs. I like seeing how the boys were before we got to know them. I also like hearing about how Sam had to survive without Dean.

It also sounds like you've had some broken ribs. What you described sounded exactly like the few I've had from time to time. Lol. Without the cuts from the gremlin of course.
ROBINV chapter 4 . 8/12/2009
You write so brilliantly, I lean forward, almost pressing my nose to the computer screen. I can't help but be swept up into your words, so compelling is your prose. BRAVO! This was just AMAZING!

Love, Robin
rozzy07 chapter 4 . 8/3/2009
A sick Sam finally has his self-imposed barriers broken down by a persistent Dean and fessed up a whole world of hurt here. He went through a living Hell of his own with witnessing his brother's horrific death and then having to go on. His relaying to Dean of his existence afterwards was so clipped, so concise as to the things he endured, had to act on - well it near broke my heart in the telling. But the worse reveal from Sam which summed up his torment was this:

“I let you die,” Sam confessed..

Just like your previous chapters you used Flashbacks with a perfect purpose here. Anchoring us in the present whilst reminding us how the brothers got to be where they are now. Loved it.
carocali chapter 4 . 8/2/2009
“Anything else you want to know?” he asked.

Sam didn’t miss the tremble of Dean’s chin, but he shrugged and said, “I’ll listen to whatever you want to tell me, Sammy.”

There was too much and it was too ugly. Sam flopped on the bed, miserable and remembering everything he wanted to forget. He sagged against the pillows, coughing and sick with more than just the fever. He responded with the loudest thought, the truth he’d wanted to tell him for months. “I let you die,” Sam confessed.

Dean moved to the foot of the bed, and gently pulled off Sam’s boots. “It was my choice, Sam, and I don’t regret it.”

Ah, the glimpses of weak!Sam with Dean. So much was left unsaid for that period of time and the withdrawal must have happened several times and we just never witnessed it. Thank you for filling in some of those blanks.

This story was recommended to me and I'm so glad I took the time to search it out. You have a very nice writing style with great descriptions. Thanks for sharing with us!

carocali chapter 3 . 8/2/2009
Marcus grabbed the bat Sam discarded and Sam laughed. “Don’t pick up a weapon you don’t know how to use,” Sam said, blocking Marcus’ inexperienced swings.

He deflected another swing, leveled Marcus with an uppercut and took the bat, using it to knock him in the ribs. Muscle memory took over and he threw a punishingly hard right to Marcus’ face. Sam winced when he felt the cartilage pop. He turned with his own momentum, and used the bat to sweep him off his feet. Marcus hit the ground like a tree. Sam seethed down at the barely conscious athlete. “If you put your nasty, rapist hands on any other girl, you won’t see me coming. Do you understand me?”

Marcus writhed in pain.

Sam kicked at his legs. “I can’t hear you. Groan or cry or whimper, somethin.’”

“You’re done here.” Marcus gurgled.

Sam smiled smugly. “Thought you’d say that. I got some pictures of you snorting something some stuff, it’s white and powdery. I’m also really good friends with your bookie. Don’t think Mommy’ll approve of you betting on games, huh? So if you want that shiny pro ball career, you’ll keep your mouth shut. Okay, well, I’m gonna go. Thanks for the hospitality.”

Sam's the kind of boyfriend or ex that you'd love to have. Smart - knowing when to do some extra research about said creep beforehand - and he can pack a punch. Loved this whole scenario.

carocali chapter 2 . 8/2/2009
“What on heck are you doing?”

“Makin’ a crib,” Dean replied as if it was obvious. He’d slept with Demi on his chest for the past two nights, afraid she wouldn’t be warm enough on her own. “I’m getting some real sleep.”

Sam chuckled. “Dean, she’s a baby, not a pair of socks. She can’t sleep in a drawer!”

Dean set the drawer on the bed. “Why not? You did.”

“What?”

His brother smiled, nostalgic. “After the fire, we moved around a lot to friend’s houses, then hotels…then motels, and Dad would hunker you down in a drawer just like this. You liked it.” Dean said. “When you were older, you’d climb in there to sleep on your own. With your blankie.”

Sam was baffled. “I never stood a chance at being normal, did I?”

The whole thing with the baby showed a very poignant look at the boy's lives and how they might handle a baby. It actually does make sense that Dean would be comfortable and remember his tricks of the trade.

This flashback, interspersed with the real-time Bobby fathering is a nice combination!

carocali chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
I like how you laid this out, showing the flashback to the gremlin. That story, in itself, if quite interesting. I wonder what John thought of his boys when he saw them.

My heart is breaking for poor Sam as he tries to make his way through...

Good start!

NeverEndingSugarHigh chapter 4 . 7/30/2009
That was a really great chapter. All brotherly goodness, with plenty of angst to make it even more heartbreaking. I was already in love with it, but then you started playing Styx, and things just notched up to a whole new level. Great writing! Update soon!
shesamonster chapter 4 . 7/30/2009
A job well done, my dear! This was a beautiful story. :) Thank you so much for sharing it & I hope to see more from you.
J.A. Carlton chapter 4 . 7/30/2009
Wow, very nicely done! Lots of delicious angst and brotherly schmoop!
rozzy07 chapter 3 . 7/29/2009
This story just keeps getting better and better, awash with such telling details I feel my heart crumbling at times.

Sam's likening himself as a Clark Kent Stanford escapee was just so poignant - a line drawn up besides his own inner desires to do normal and that of a fictional superhero was able to hide behind. An illusion of course, that we all know in the future to come is coming back to wreck havoc on our boy. Looking forward to the next update...soon... please!