Reviews for Promises Betrayed
shadowkat678 chapter 1 . 9/11/2014
OH MY MERLIN I LOVE THIS! So glad you added this to the UU universe! This is spot on!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/16/2014
Amazing! Set very nicely into Robin's UU, and great characterization! I can't tell that someone else wrote this - and I can completely imagine Peter's thoughts and feelings matching your description.
Excellent work - keep it up! :)
abcsnowfall chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
Somehow I had never read this fic. I go through phases where I go and reread the entire Unbroken universe fics then try to find anything in the universe I hadn't read and this time I stumbled upon yours.

I love it! I really like your portrayal of Peter, how he is trying to save his friends. It seems like the only valid reason to join with Voldemort's forces. Showing a good, honourable side of Peter, one that is never seen in JK's books but we all know there had to be one there or else why would Peter have been a Maurader. You've pegged Peter down well with the job, shuffling papers and never complaining or being noticed. I'd be curious to see more of Peter's side of things.

Thanks for writing!
David Fishwick chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
I liked how you portrayed Peter and his guilt about becoming a Death Eater in your story and Lucius, Bellatrix were really scary when they were threatening him. Thanks for writing.
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 12/4/2009
Lucius and Bellatrix are really scary in this piece. I think it's because you keep their voices quiet. Bellatrix in particular is menacing when she's quiet, and Lucius is chilling-the temperature drops about twenty degrees (Celsius) when he walks into the room. His fastidious distaste at the alien surroundings is creepy (I'm not sure why)...

Overall, I think the scary thing is that they don't need to raise their voices. There's so much that they could do, that they don't even mention... *shivers*

Peter's dilemma here is genuinely tragic: he was conspicuous to Voldemort precisely because he was inconspicuous, colorless, passed-over. I do like the detail of Mr. Crouch not remembering his name. (Percy Weasley doesn't need to take it personally that he was 'Weatherby' for an entire year.)
Vaches chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
I always thought that the way JK protrayed Peter was really kind of ridiculous. In her books she protrays him as weak, unworthy and unwanted by Remus and Sirius. If James Sirius and Remus were all so smart why would they chose Peter as a Secret Keeper, regardless of how unusual the choice would have been? So I think you did an excellent job protraying Peter in a way that makes sence and continuing the AU of the Promises Universive ) Its really well written and I enjoyed it a lot. Well done.
LiL-kristin-o7 chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
Hey guess what m'dear? I read it BEFORE Thursday. Be glad that work is pretty low key at the moment. So review 1...

OMG! That was liek def the BEST ficcie I've evveerr readd! U shuud turn it into a storyy all of it's OWN.. I so totally ned to see where all of this iz gunna go!.!.! Ur def way better than even JKRR- lolz

Onto review number 2...

Umm, excuse me, but Harry Potter is probably the lamest thing ever. And that woman totally stole all of her ideas from Tolkein. And Lewis. And any other fantasy author who predates the 1990s. Please enlighten yourself and find a TRUE fandom to write for - obviously you're too stupid to know your's is just plagiarism.

Okay...lemme try ONE last time - 3rd time's the charm!

I've gotta say, for not writing in HPverse for awhile, you fell right back in quite well. Everyone always seems to shoot down Peter's choices right away, without thinking of the how or why, but you did it quite nicely. HOWEVER, we all know that I'm not just going to sit here and sing your praises, what's a review if not constructive? My only issue is that I couldn't really get into Lucius and Bella...they just didn't seem to Death Eater enough.

Overall I reall enjoyed it though, and I think it's a fabulous addition to the UU.

Now my text box is doing this really funky thing that's making it impossible for me to see what I'm actually typing (it keeps jumping up to the top of the screen for some reason?), which I'm taking to mean that it's time for me to get back to my ACTUAL work...stupid reports.

Hugs&Kisses

Your Krissypoo
Peacockgirl chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
Very nice job. Heartbreaking, well thought out, and strangely amusing at times ("Maybe I could call the police, he thought, eying the Muggle telephone next to him. Or throw the phone at them."-hehe) Oh how I wish JKR had given Peter this much depth.

I particularly liked when Peter was arguing with the other Marauders in his head.
iboneki chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
Awesome. I can't get enough of the UU, and I love that others are taking the initiative to fill in these great little holes. You really hit all the right angles on Peter's story. I only wish there were more "prequels" out there. Consider writing more! Thanks again.
Amelie de Lorraine chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
I already left a review on the group, but I thought I'd do it again. I like how you had Peter and his guilt. You captured it perfectly! I really wish you would work more on this story. You're doing such a wonderful job with the characters. It's very suspenseful.

~Amelie