Reviews for Snowbird Triumphant
RougeBaron chapter 11 . 1/11/2010
Whoa whoa... surviving engine explosion? That was nuts. When I read that scene on the previous chapter, I thought he was dead. He was really lucky to be alive.

The delivery scene is very nice. If I didn't know you better, I would've thought you wrote this out of your own experience D

The best part is absolutely Senefa throwing up...
RougeBaron chapter 10 . 1/6/2010
Wow... that was quick but brutal. It's sad to see a lot of strong characters die, but it's the nature of war. Good people die young, I suppose.

This has been a very engaging storyline, and it's bittersweet to see it ends. I wish there are more from you.
Texray1 chapter 9 . 1/4/2010
I'm about to wet myself, this is so good!
Jayson chapter 9 . 12/31/2009
I almost feel sorry for this unit of the Jade Falcons. It seems like every time they come near the Sentinels, they end up getting to watch crap hit the fan and they get the bejesus stomped out of them again. Might be time to dissolve the unit- if any of them survive.
Panzerfaust 150 chapter 9 . 12/30/2009
Hey Sentinel,

Am busy with my own fanfic, but I thought I'd continue to review yours as I can. So far, SO GOOD! Finally Shelia and crew are back and doing what they can to cause Clan Trueborns peptic ulcers, as the end of Chapter 9 demonstrates...Even if the Clanners win...I don't think Chi-Li's leaving the battlefield alive.

Furthermore, I am enjoying competent Falcons, too many write Clanners as "moronic bullyboys with too many big guns". (It fit in your last story, but not for front line units). But Chi-Li really should have had SOMEBODY protecting his rear, he did do a combat drop in the enemy rear...if he could do it...then somebody could do it to him.

Well, till next time.
the Reader chapter 9 . 12/30/2009
Wow, someone's been busy.

Well written engagement, you're definitely staying away from marching mechs and soldiers up and down hills; but at the same time I have a very clear picture of whats going on.

Seems like the Falcons are done for. That's too bad since my favourite characters in your series are Malthus and Kazumi. Don't have too much of a liking for the rag-tag mercs, even if they are quite competant. Malthus reminds me of an old battalion CO from back in the day. Not the luckiest SOBs around, but a tenacious bastard you'd respect and fear at the same time. Most guys would follow a man like that to hell and back.

Kazumi is like a grizzled old NCO that became an ossifer. It shows, his unit seems devoted to him and seem to have rallied behind him. Both these guys have the whole universe stacked against them - and looks like they arent going to win.

I wouldn't call them the 'bad' guys. What is 'good' in the Battletech universe anyway? The corrupt house lords and their petty monarchies? Royal sibling rivalries that kill millions? Comstar and their associated loonies? WOB? Solaris jocks and Mercs who kill for money? Your main character? (That murdered an unarmed man - it is what it is).
MosinM38 chapter 9 . 12/30/2009
Well hold it gosh dlang blangit. I didn't think ya'd update so soon ;-)

Anyway, nice fighting. Great combat scenes. You managed to make every mechwarrior, even a no-namer one line toss-away, somehow a loss. And the fact that you can do it for BOTH sides...

Awesome!

I know that the Comstar's haven't seen actual combat in awhile, but I'm surprised they're getting creamed so badly.

Oh well, Looking forward to Snowbird Combat.
the Reader chapter 8 . 12/29/2009
Great chapter. We're all set for a few blood filled updates. Its funny, I almost find myself rooting for the Falcons.
MosinM38 chapter 7 . 12/19/2009
Well their concealed drop worked finally :D Haha, sorta funny in a way.

Looks like this is shaping up. I echo Rouge's words about Market Garden...Hopefully it don't end up as Little Bighorn though ;-)
Texray1 chapter 7 . 12/18/2009
OH yes! The shit just never stops hitting the fan in your stories! I love it.
RougeBaron chapter 7 . 12/16/2009
This is interesting. Both sides tried to outflank each other. I just hope that this drop-off plan doesn't go into another "Market Garden".

I just notice something... Keogh Glen? Is that a word play from Geoghan from "We Were Soldiers Once"?
SulliMike23 chapter 7 . 12/16/2009
Never thought I'd see someone asside from Anastasius Focht have enough balls to defy Waterly. Still, she will not be happy with these turn of events...that is, after she gets killed by Focht of course.
MosinM38 chapter 6 . 11/14/2009
Good to see an update :D

Ah...won't they ever learn? Doing stuff like that only peeves off your enemy.

At least Tod went out in a blaze of glory. At the very least, 10 less clan mechs is alot of differance, even in the large-unit numbers like this. He'll be missed, a short-term appearance, but a noticable character.
RougeBaron chapter 6 . 11/6/2009
That was a heroic sacrifice by Todd. Hopefully it evened up the odd after the Brunn-Schobrunn mixed-up. I just don't like a good sacrifice get wasted.

And what's up with these Jade Falcon stomping on heads? I thought Clans didn't do that.
the Reader chapter 6 . 11/5/2009
Excellent work. Going to miss our friend that gave the finger to the Falcons, he was a great character.

This looks like its heading to one great final battle. Perhaps the snowbirds will be like Gandalf riding out of the sunset with the cavalry? ;)
51 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »