Reviews for A Minor Key
scarletoctopus chapter 2 . 4/18/2010
Oh my god you updated this wonderful little one shot!

When I first read this I gave a small review and instantly regretted it because it deserved more than 3 words, even if the words conveyed what I felt about this story.

Anyway I'm a big believer in music. I believe music can show what we are about and what we are feeling. This small story shows all that. It showed Edward's despair and anguish, and for some reason I could relate through him because of how you wrote. The second chapter was just as wonderful and I'm so glad you showed it through the other Cullens eyes.

This is the smallest story in my favourites but it had the largest affect on me.
TwiliteAddict chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
Very, very sad. But I also believe music is part of Edward and have always written music into every story with Edward. I saw you alerted Honeymoon Suite - and the middle focuses very much on Edward's connection to music and how it helps him.
Sarah Loring chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
Very angsty
veri4ka chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
Damn my inability to express my thoughts! I feel like there isn't anything I can say that'll be enough. This is just so beautifully written an emotion-filled I wanna cry. Your writing skills astound me!
Elegance redefined chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
The Emotions in the story run is not something everyone can up the good work!
Emmebear chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
Oh my...its so tragic...i'm just reminded how much i hated new moon...but seriously beautiful writing! so much emotion...oh goodness...i feel like crying...
scarletoctopus chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
Short and sweet in a sad way.
09xuereba penname chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
you should not be able to make people cry in 500 words.
Starrynytex chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
Damn it! Internet refreshed and I lost my original review!

Nonetheless, this is amazing, Fliss! I absolutely LOVE it. The emotions were captured perfectly and you write so so well. I especially loved this line :

"The waves of pain and loss echoing from Edward forced Jasper to his knees, gasping for the air he had not needed in decades."

I could FEEL Jasper and Edward's anguish and I could SEE that in my head. So so well done! I want more! xD
KrisEleven chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
Very, very well written. I loved the story behind this, and telling the story of this part of the books through the music was absolutely inspired.

Really great job with structure and grammar. It only added to the story. You captured the emotions really well, I think, and I liked how you brought in his family's reaction to him and the music/burning.

"When Jasper arrived, sent by Alice, in time to see Edward carrying his piano to the fire, he couldn’t move closer. The waves of pain and loss echoing from Edward forced Jasper to his knees, gasping for the air he had not needed in decades."

Beautifully written.

Thanks for the great story!

LibraryChild chapter 1 . 7/20/2009 this is soo...hauntingly beautiful. beautifully tragic. i love it. its absolutely amazing. happy writnig!
rosewg chapter 1 . 7/20/2009