Reviews for Mage Harry
gaul1 chapter 3 . 8/3/2009
good chapter, keep up the good work, byes
chocoholicteen chapter 3 . 8/3/2009
I love the whole idea of it and couldn't stop reading... but i think your perception of Harry is a bit off.

like... i don't think he'd send anyone flying out a window to their death even if it was draco, i don't think he'd abuse his power and i don't think he'd call dumbly an old goat (even inside his head ;) )

but aw well, it was a good laugh :)
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 3 . 8/2/2009
Well it could used a higher body count and a lower schmaltz index, but it was a satisfying read overall. Thanks for posting.
Vicky Austen chapter 3 . 8/2/2009
Well, I finished reading, and all I have to say is that I would have liked it if Harry hadn't been such a bastard. I mean, he was always humble, generous and kind, but in the story, when he becomes a mage, he is so full of himself, and so angry at everybody that he lost most of the good things he had. And he insulted Dumbledore! How could he?

Despite all that, I think the plot was very good, ya know, Harry's direct interaction with Magic and all that...
Black-Bloodend chapter 3 . 8/2/2009
this was good i usually don't read t but it was good. 9/10. in my opinion you could have made it longer but it still is a good story.
MaeSilverpaws1 chapter 3 . 8/2/2009
Loved your story! To be honest I was never much of a H/G fan (felt it was kinda pulled out of thin air in cannon)but I liked the way you had an actual start to their relationship.
Lightwhispers chapter 3 . 8/2/2009
Nice story! I agree that it is difficult to have a long Super!Harry story. Congratulations on avoiding the trap I too often see, that of Harry having super-powers and not using them.

Well done.
teachergirl chapter 3 . 8/2/2009
I liked your story a lot. You did a great job in your characterization of Ginny. Most of them time, I can't stand to read Harry/Ginny stories because Ginny isnt' well written. In your story, you did a great job of letting the reader see that she was a strong person, but not over-bearing. I hate stories that have Ginny as a demanding shrew. I think you did well in explaning how Ginny grew from a fangirl to a girlfriend.
Patches 2 chapter 3 . 8/2/2009
This is a really great story. I love the way Harry gets around and then surprises Dumbledore in Hogwarts in Ginny's last year there. It is great that he has solved so many problems in the wizarding world. Like all things that invole humans, whether they are magical or not there are some people that will keep bringing up new problems for the responsible people to solve. The fact that the profit doesn't tell the truth is an ongoing problem for the responsible and for the "rest of the people". I'm glad Harry has some way of impacting that. Thanks so much for a very entertaining addition to the Potterverse. I look forward to more stories from you. I have printed out everything you have written so far on fan fiction. It is pride of place in my collection. Thanks so much for sharing your tallent. pms
GiGiFanFic chapter 3 . 8/2/2009
Good morning Kevin. A bit of a correction first. Privil:eges: not :edges: and adverti:sed:, not :zed:

Now for the good stuff. Absolutely brilliant as usual. Merlin but you write great stuff, and I can see when you do go professional that you will do extremely well. I have great faith in you as one of your most avid readers[having read Rogue a few times],etc. Take care now and do think up something as delightful as the others you have written. J.
rdg2000 chapter 3 . 8/2/2009
This has to be one of the best 'short' Harry/Ginny stories I've read to date!

I'll have to go over some of your other stories to see if they are just as good.

Thanks for a great read!

rdgale
jbfritz chapter 3 . 8/1/2009
Excellent!
lija chapter 3 . 8/1/2009
Good story.

One very minor error that's easy to forget, otherwise didn't see any obvious problem.

Liked it that Harry didn't try to force changes but allowed it to change gradually as the years go by.
Lord Lugos chapter 3 . 8/1/2009
I did thoroughly enjoy it, and I agree about the superharry part. Definitely a fun read, and a happy ending. Love those. :)
Perspicacity chapter 3 . 8/1/2009
Kevin, nice work with the challenging material. I won't say it's your finest writing, but it's competently done and about the best one can hope for given the circumstances. I read it as parody of the trope (and I hope you intended it as one-your Ginny is a textbook Mary Sue).

I agree about the challenge of writing an interesting Super!Harry story. I think it only works as a longer story if one ratchets up the challenges Harry faces as well, as joe6991 did with his Hero trilogy, where Voldemort also became a god.

You brought up Jeconais in your A/N. Honestly, I think he got into a rut. His Harrys kept getting more powerful, his stories, more formulaic with time, and his passion for writing evaporated. "Happily Ever After" is almost metafiction, given how devoid of tension it is and how most of the actors just sit back, pop a Coke, and let Harry handle everything with trademark superness.

I think the only change I'd suggest with your story would be to leave off the third chapter entirely. It's (literally) anticlimactic and far too long for what it accomplishes.

Again, thanks for writing and sharing this with us. It was a fun way to waste a bit of time. And now I'm hoping you get back to work on Lily's Child. :)
353 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »