Reviews for Mage Harry
Araytigre chapter 3 . 7/27/2014
All in all, a fun read. It's always fun to see Albus taken down a peg or three, and to take down Severus (as well as several DE's, including the Ferret) is a bonus. I loved the prank with Narcissa and the Malfoy Vault, that was priceless. Glad to see that they had more than the one child that most of the "Purebloods" have had (with few exceptions including the Greengrass', the Weazley's, and you could include the Patil's in there too). It might have been fun to see who Neville and Luna ended up with, or if at all, but it wasn't really necessary with this story. Fortunately, Harry had the foresight to provide himself with, oh I guess a limiter by any other name, in Ginny, in order to keep himself down to Earth so to speak. Although, one could wonder just what those "Adventures" are, are they pranks, or what? Thank You. TTFN
N Flamel chapter 3 . 7/20/2014
Now I'm glad that I held off reviewing the first two chapters, especially the first. Your comfort with the first person POV increased with each chapter, making the story easier to read the further we got into it. By the third chapter, even though everything filtered through Harry, the narration was much smoother and less "I" centered.

On to the story itself: it was a bonanza for H/G enthusiasts, with their relationship developing quickly and easily. Part of that can be attributed to how you wrote them - as being destined for each other and extremely compatible - plus Harry's Mage abilities solving any logistical problems. While these abilities minimized any troubles he or the couple could have had, it was still lots of fun to see what new powers or skills he developed, which you did with lots of creativity. Dumbledore's continued testing of Harry and trying to find out about his powers was hilarious. For an intelligent person, he can be very dense at times, and you captured that well, especially how Harry pulled his chain without him knowing it (most of the time).

Lastly you ended the story at the appropriate time. Another chapter would have been 'same old, same old, even with your storytelling abilities. As always, your work and creativity are greatly appreciated. - N Flamel
FreelanceBum chapter 2 . 5/22/2014
Ah reminds me of a dimension hopping Harry fic I've read where hopper!Harry told current dimension Harry to say "accio Tom Riddle's Head"
sanabalis chapter 3 . 4/26/2014
Love the story! :) I always enjoy "feel good/super!harry" stories, and this one is one of the better ones. :)
Morphico chapter 3 . 3/20/2014
This was great! Thanks for writing, and for the explanation with the epilogue.
herart chapter 3 . 2/15/2014
Pretty good story. I felt it was a bit longer than other with 50k words, which is good. Pairing H/G felt ok, they complete each other here.
Osmodious chapter 3 . 1/12/2014
One of the best 'super-Harry' stories I've read...the way you wrote his magic was a lot more believeable than some I've read, and also not quite as over-the-top ├╝ber-powerful. Nicely done. Lots of possibilities, very cool. Thanks for posting it!
WhiteElfElder chapter 3 . 12/21/2013
Nicely done. While you powered him up very high, you kept his morality in check.
Faerie of Tara chapter 3 . 9/28/2013
I don't usually like Harry/Ginny but this story was really good!
Nytefyre chapter 3 . 9/23/2013
Yes, the problem with Super Harry stories is also the fun of them.. :)

Thanks for posting such a fun romp!
candy4beth chapter 3 . 8/20/2013
very good i dont usually like harry/ginny stories but i loved this
SweetSouthernGal chapter 3 . 8/6/2013
Another great story. I like SuperHarry stories almost as much as I like IndependentHarry stories (which are my true favorite, I'd say). SuperHarry can be fun, but as you said it's so much easier to resolve things that I find independent stories are more fun/longer/enjoyable journeys. That said, SuperHarry is fun too.

I also have to say that I do agree with you that the end of Book 5 is one of the major turning points, hence why it's so often used. Post-Sirius's death/Prophecy discovery is a real moment where Harry can quite easily take many different paths- particularly if he decides to act more independently. Post GOF (and to a lesser extent, Post HBP- the 'late bloomers' as you said, which made me chuckle) are also good points ,though again not the only ones. Lately I've been wanting to write a story where Harry makes a new path earlier in the series, but though I have many ideas I haven't yet set to use them. Perhaps I shall soon.

Anyway, this was again an enjoyable story. You found yet another way to dispose of Voldemort and his Death
Eaters, and I love how much Harry tweaks/baits Dumbledore. It's just too funny.

I also like the unique path you have Harry take post-graduation. Thanks for sharing.
lensman chapter 2 . 7/9/2013
Great story
AvidReader chapter 3 . 6/17/2013
Cute little one-shot. It's no "Accidental Bond," but it's perfect for some light reading. I look forward to reading more of your stories.

I can't really agree with your sentiment that one "really can't write long super!harry stories." Sure it would be more difficult to do well, but that's hardly the same as impossible. :-)
ballinore chapter 3 . 6/2/2013
I agree that there is definitely a point where a story, super or otherwise, gets too drawn out and becomes frustrating. I once considered myself a fair anime fan until I realized I never stuck with a show more than two seasons, because by that point they were so full of themselves, requiring an exponentially longer and more convoluted back-story for every random thug who appeared onscreen than the last.
I enjoyed this read, it was just plain good fun. As martial arts movies have taught us all, there is something very inspiring about watching a character be slowly built from a nobody into a legend, but there is also something incredibly satisfying about seeing a Martial God wander into town, and rampage through hordes of his foes, complete with slow motion flying kicks and repeatedly kneeing a man in the face long after it has become plainly unnecessary.
You didn't ever reach the level of the second one, but you were somewhere between the two and it was simply a fun ride. That's good enough for me! Thanks for sharing the story, it's appreciated.
350 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »