Reviews for Rising Sun
demonicpoet chapter 3 . 7/6/2012
This was so beautiful,the sorrow's description of the dead and how he's managed to talk to them was prefect,so articulate and well-written. The characters reactions to each other was accurate,so much like the actual characters from the game. I really enjoyed this. It was stunning and a fantastic read. I wish it was longer! Could you please do more boss/sorrow? You portray them perfectly!
Dizasteriffic chapter 3 . 12/13/2011
Woah... This is easily, EASILY the best short story I've ever read. You wouldn't even have to have any knowledge of the characters or the universe to appreciate it so fully. This is just a beautiful piece of literature, and the fact that its in second-person (the hardest perspective to write in my opinion) makes it feel so unique and personal, its on a whole other level. Its such a shame this has so few reviews but know that its just incredible. By the way, did you know that this fic is recommended on the MGS Fanfic Recommendations page on TV Tropes? That's how I found it. I wish I were more articulate to convey how emotional this fic made me; seriously well done.
CobraShipper chapter 3 . 9/29/2010
This: "You've seen her unwind with a cigar so often, and she seems no different from ever - breathing out her frustration with every puff of smoke, coming home to what she - always, impossibly, one word, one emotion - is. As, you suppose, are you." That brings out some of the best of MGS, the idea of each person in the unit belonging to one emotion.

The section about stars if fantastic. I love the way it sets up The Boss's later expedition to the stars and the way she will see the world afterward. He has given her a glimpse of that 20 years earlier.

Love this: "You'll die without ever marrying, and this is the woman who'll never be your wife."

My God! I just finished the story, and I'm about to tell my husband to read it.

The only thing I didn't like was the "cock" line, not because of the word but because it didn't need to be there. I read it again without that short paragraph, and it flowed better and was more poetic. I think it was self-explanatory really. We know how sex works (I think).

I'm crying now, unabashedly, which is not good because I read this during my lunch break. :)

I'd read a million MGS fics if they were all written by you.
CobraShipper chapter 2 . 9/29/2010
This moment: "Your basic resources are drying up. To get fuel and water, you must steal from the Japanese. And the dead don't linger near the Gobi - when you need someone to listen to, she has to find someone and kill them.

It's not the first time it's come to this. But it makes you sad." That is amazing.

And this too: "You look at the guard on the right down the barrel of your Beretta, and wish you could tell him how sorry you feel." In fact, everything about his (presumably) first kill is beautiful and powerful and horrifying.

The second person perspective is in character for The Sorrow, such a great choice for a character who forces you to feel empathy in the game.

I will now read part three and afterward propose to you so that (if you're female) we can run off to Iowa and be married. *I jest! I'm already married.*
CobraShipper chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
Wow wow wow! Double triple quadruple wow! I can't believe I didn't see this story before. I get positive reviews, but this puts anything I've ever written to shame!

This is my favorite pairing and the most fantastic short story I've ever read. Hands down. You made me cry.

Now let me finish the rest of it and give you even more superlative. :)
Fusionmix chapter 3 . 11/1/2009
There honestly need to be more Joy/Sorrow fics in this world, especially ones as well-written as this.

This was a delight to read from beginning to end. I usually am not a big fan of lemons/limes, but this one was somehow tasteful and much less anatomically impossible than most.

Bravo. Excellent work.
Flik chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
Very good. I'm looking forward to the next chapter