Reviews for What Must Never Be
atymer chapter 1 . 12/10/2016
I find it interesting reading this story, years after it was written, actually predicts the second film's story line of Kahn being discovered early and attempts to subjugate him come to destruction. I wonder what this Spock would think of what this clue have wrought?

I do think that Spock would not have inserted too many clues, except in instances where it threatened the Federation or an entire planets population. I could see him warning about the pollens, parasites and other anomalies that caused widespread destruction.
It is possible to imagine him contemplating how much to advise, reveal or hold back. Will his need to protect Jim be over ridden by his Vulcan logic? He does realize that this Spock is not 'himself' and this younger Kirk, formed of different childhood and history is not going to allow warnings to hold him back from whatever is out there to confront. Jim doesn't back down, he confronts.
TOSoldtimer chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
Very interesting take on Spock Prime - (TOS and movies) Spock after his fall through the black hole. Thanks for a fascinating story.
CommChatter chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
Sounds good.
Lori Jean chapter 1 . 5/13/2011
Oh, I so liked this. I came across this going deep into the archives. I thought it was one of the best concerning Selek and Spock. I wished there was more to read, but there really it was best left as is. I don't know if you will get this or not, however, Thank you for what I think is perfect insight.
The Breeze chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
I'm glad someone wrote this. I knew that Prime would want to look out for things that could go disasterously differnent this time around, since a lot of times originally they just got lucky.
Jan-AQ chapter 1 . 9/24/2010
Wow. Great story.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Oh, this is lovely! Doing the Time Warp without totally distorting future history, or letting it be distorted because it needs to be, that would be hard to do. I am glad Selek has such a good memory for things that _do_ need to be changed.

However, I am looking forward to the changed Kirk and Spock's first encounter with Squire Tremain...
niver chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
Lovely story.
Sareh chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
Brilliant. This is an amazing epilogue of sorts to the film. Selek is so very in character. Everything from his endeavor to fix as many things as falls within his power, to the mixture of loss and barely contained excitement at the new set of events that this universe will be stage to.
Mistress of the Knight chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
It's always such a pleasure to read a story written by a true fan. Your knowledge of Treklore is almost as encyclopedic as Spock's own. I particularly liked the reference to Saavik's past. One of my favorite characters and you hint at her backstory with a gentle sureity of touch that is masterful. Thanks.
Tharin chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
Once again, I'm impressed by your ability to mix both universes. I like how you describe Spocks character here, and how he trys to change some things, but not too much.
BookwormDragon chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
Oh, well done! I was thinking of writing something like this, but I never really got around to it. And now that you've done such I fine job, I'll just enjoy your story instead.
Shatterwing chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
I love it!

It's fascinating to see Spock Prime going through his memories and noting the differences.

One part caught my attention specifically, the bit about how nu-Kirk is different. Are you planning anything further for that little tidbit?

Either way this was a fantastic read and I'm very glad that you shared.

Thanks for posting!
AES13 chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
Thank God for Spock Prime's excellent memory! I really enjoyed this and I'm happy to see Spock's recognition that he can't change everything nor should he want to. One reason I'm so happy regarding the reboot is that now they can re-do some of the better episodes with decent special effects or at least cull from them some of the more interesting plot lines. Don't get me wrong, despite being a fan of original flavour Star Trek, I don't want a faithful adaption but on the other hand, I don't want them to throw out such a rich history. Great job with much food for thought. Thank you, Anne :-)
amy-the-rat chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
Beautifully done, and an enjoyable read.