Reviews for A Million Issues
riley-poole27 chapter 1 . 11/12/2014
really great story :D
Courtney chapter 3 . 8/8/2014
Great story. I love these kind of storys. Like you I hate how movies end at a happily ever after and dont acknowlege the psychological issues that the characters would have, if it was real life.

Fantastic writing and imagery.
AnnabethJames chapter 3 . 3/17/2014
I love it but I wish Ashley did not break up with Kale... But overall I luv it! Pls make another one of these!
NiDubhchair chapter 3 . 11/18/2013
Awwww...wow, that was a truly cool, sweet, and REALISTIC look at how a movie like that really would have ended. Thanks :)
riley-poole27 chapter 3 . 10/7/2013
This is really good.
greasergirl0003 chapter 3 . 6/15/2013
That was really good. I wish there were more stories like this out there.
Aria Breuer chapter 3 . 4/4/2013
This story is fairly good.

I can understand how there are very few movies and books on mother-son, father-daughter relationships. I've seen one miniseries that had a father-daughter bonding - I meant "The 10th Kingdom", which I thought was well-plotted and written. With your story, I'm surprised Ashley broke up with Kale, especially with her dad being who he is and after what they've been through, which I thought would have brought them a little closer. Throughout Part Two, I felt the conversations between Kale and his mom dragged. As a writer, that's the one thing I've learned: don't let dialogue drag on, or it bores readers. I know this part was supposed to tell how Kale recovers, but letting dialogue drag pretty much dulls the story. No offense, but that's what I've learned from practice and experience.

Unlike you, I liked how the movie resolved itself at the end. It didn't seem too neat to me, and the two boys across the street got what they deserved. Like I said, you did a fair job. Just watch those dragging dialogues, because characters do have this tendency - if they aren't told - to drag conversations. True statement, by the way.

-Aria Breuer
TheWritingFreak chapter 3 . 1/30/2013
Okay, I agree, Disturbia ended a little too neat like you said and while I understand why Ronnie and Ashley both "abandoned" him I was a little disappointed about how you dealt with that particular issue. (although, good for Ashley and her mom because from what we saw of Ashley's dad he was an ass)
I like your focus on Kale and his mom's relationship because it was a little, okay, a lot, neglected in the movie which seems kind of un-true to "real life" considering what Kale went through with his father and the whole house arrest thing.
The dialogue was good, well written and in character and from what I've seen when I check the Disturbia fandom archive from time to time, your story has the most plot and makes the most sense so, great job. I really enjoyed this.
On a side note, I think the dynamic between Carrie Anne Moss and Shia Lebouf was amazing. What do you think?
civilwarrose chapter 3 . 6/28/2012
Wonderful story! I like the portrayal of the loving relationship between Kale and his mother, and the little moments that would have been nice to be included in the movie, since the movie was too abrupt at the end. And great description of the battle with Turner.

I just watched Disturbia recently with my daughter- three times- and we both loved it, it was one of those movies where you get really invested in the characters, I was so surprised, it wasn't just any old suspense flick! :)
NoelAnderson chapter 3 . 11/10/2011
I really like this story, it's the only real one here for Disterbia, all the others are just one chapter and then whoever was writing it gave up :P. Anyway, i love the relationship you made Kale and his mother have, and that thing with his friends made me want to punch them, totally in considerate, although that was the point for the story. I sorta wish you'd made this longer, gone into when he went to school and maybe if he had anymore encounters with his so called 'friends' and even how the teachers and school body would' have reacted after what happened. Still, I really liked the story, it was very well written and had a nice length to it :)
Torn Apart Paper Dinosaur chapter 3 . 8/9/2011
That was really good.

Keep it up.

:D
sangga chapter 3 . 10/6/2010
hey, this was excellent. you hit on a great POV, and you also hit all the nagging details that kept my mind ticking over after the film - the psychological repercussions, the infection from the water (!), the aftermath stuff. i thought this was a great piece of work, and the voices were exactly right. keep writing!
thequietmoments chapter 3 . 5/17/2010
So I just watched Disturbia and came to the same conclusion that you did, and then I found this. It's lovely. Really. I absolutely loved the relationship between Kale and Julie. It was very in-character. I'd completely be interested in the moments in between what you've written, but I can understand why you time-skipped. I also really love your writing style. Thanks, I thoroughly enjoyed this.
SGreenD chapter 3 . 5/16/2010
I think the ending of this story is also a neat ending, with the Casablanca-reference and all, but it has gone a way longer, and way more realistic path than the movie ending, and I like that. And you drew the relationship between Kale and his mother very nicely. Just a good story all around.
TwoCrazyGirls chapter 3 . 5/3/2010
Great story! You had the dialogue down perfect, and the timing and all that stuff great. It read really easily, and flowed extremely well. Wonderful job!

As for the characters, they behaved exactly as I would have expected. I, alas, did not appreciate the ending of the movie as much as I was probably supposed to. It seemed too happy, too perfect, to simple. This was a great alternative! (So much better in my opinion). Thanks for sharing!