Reviews for 6,581 Miles to Luma
FinchyMcFincherton chapter 2 . 7/25/2009
Exquisite writing, as always. I'll admit some things still aren't making sense, but that's to be expected. Is there a 'Real-World' basis for the religion you're describing? Expect more gift-fic after you finish world-building, kay?
andhearts chapter 2 . 7/25/2009
I've been waiting for this story forever. :D And you haven't let me down. This is wonderful so far, and I'm waiting on the edge of my seat to hear more. :D Yayness. But, really, did I expect anything but wonderfulness from you. :D you write so well.

Hmm... Is there a hint of Sora I see with Kairi watching Roxas? Or am I just delusional when it comes to Sora. haha.

Ah, Heartless. I love when they are mentioned in a story, whether they are really labeled "heartless" or not. :D hehe.

Welp, I must be getting off this computer, but I'll just say I can not wait until the next chapter. :D Woot. Great work so far. :D
Yarouka chapter 2 . 7/25/2009
Great writing, as always! I'm confused as hell, but I think that's a good thing. I'm really interested in everything going on, and can't wait to see the plot unfold.

Hope to see more soon!

-Savvy
Cheerful-Pessimist chapter 2 . 7/25/2009
Oh wow. I'm really happy that you've got this story up and posting. i was looking forward to it for a long while :) And i do like the whole sci-fi/post-apocalyptic spin on things - can't wait to read more
Party in the Afterlife chapter 2 . 7/25/2009
Crazy good.

So Kairi is a preistess of some sort, Roxas is on some kind of mission for which he had to depart quickly. Kairi was out in the desert for reasons not yet explained (does she even know why she was there?) and the shadows attack at night. Sound about right?

My theory: there's something familiar about Roxas because Roxas is somehow connected to Sora and Kairi knew Sora. You mention a clone in the summary, so maybe Roxas is Sora's clone? He never knew his mother afterall...

Anyway, a chapter of awesome and I am totally looking forward to the next one!
music-is-luv chapter 2 . 7/25/2009
Fur-reek-ee! I love it! So, that guy was, like, Sora, right? It definately makes sense. Oh noes! Is Sora dead? Because that would fail.

Anyways, lovely darling, just LOVELY!

'Til next time!
Versace Frolic chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
So I figure it's way too early to be in love with a story, right, but NO. It's not. I knew ever since I saw that scene you'd put up. Love at first sight.

My favorite parts so far are these: a cinematic narrative, a finely imagined world, and subtle (perfect!) characterization.

-"The boy stopped pushing the door when it wouldn't budge any further and dusted his hands off on his pants like he had intended it to only open that far, then crouched in the doorway and peered at him. 'You hurt?'"-I read it and do my excited dolphin squeal because it's not heavy handed and it fits him so well, the desire to look like he's got it all figured out, that yes, he meant to do that.

-"'I'll share,' he said softly, then made his voice stronger because his father had said not to be afraid. 'If you'll be my friend.'"-Because this, paired with Aerith's "You mustn't bargain for friendship," already speaks a whole volume about the kinds of things a person is and believes in. It's like letting a folded piece of paper tumble out of your hands and being surprised that it goes all the way to the floor; thin, precise folds that are embedded in the fiber, the make up, of a thing or a person.

It's so good, Casey.
nolongerwriting40 chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
I was avoiding the teasers, as you know, so I really didn't know what to expect. But whatever it was I was expecting, it wasn't this.

Which isn't to say that this isn't a great start. Already, there's that sense of history - of depth as well as breadth - that all the best post-JRRT fantastic stories have (Roxas? And time depth? surely not... ).

So - that's one thing I liked right off the bat. Another is that you seem to have done that thing that I like best of all, which is writing a story that isn't really canon, and isn't really AU, but fits somewhere in between. Next life stories and stories taking place out there somewhere in the KH universe, just a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... *cough*

Actually, what this feels like at the moment is a KH2/FF8 crossover (with a 7 garnish, I guess), and if there is a better crossover than that, I've yet to find it.

Lovely writing, by the way, especially those dreamy sections at the beginning. And the child-versions are very believable, especially Roxas (unsurprisingly), all solemn, and brave.

Very much looking forward to seeing where this goes.
The Bottled Optimist chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
I have been waiting for this debut for so long I yelped with shock when I opened my indox and found it sittinger there. It was the first thing I clicked on and as always, you do not dissappoint!

The way you write is so discriptive and amusing, I cannot wait for the next update whenever it is.

Good luck with your writing

-Christmas.
TheSeer chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
Woot! I've been waiting for this story. I'm a big fan of Boys (pun intended) - I reviewed on lj under "mirrorbrothers" - and ever since I saw the preview I've been eager to see this one.

First of all, chibi-Roxas makes me smile. He's cute and quiet and sort of weird, just like regular Roxas. And he's the last prince of a ruined city. And he's going to grow up in a post-apocalyptic magitech orphanage. With Axel. I am twitching with joy.

Second, we don't have much to work with, yet, but your world-building looks really good so far. Presumably more complexity will be forthcoming as Roxas gets old enough to understand it.

Someday there will be a AU fanfiction with an honest-to-god _magic system._ On that day I will die in ecstasy, because I am such a geek.
Pathetic Otologist chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
Really wish you'd flesh out the story a bit. the first two or three chapters were ok with the jumping, but it's gotten really bad about it, and it's up to the point that half the time the reader is left with no idea what is happening.
Party in the Afterlife chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
It's here! *does the happy dance*

So yeah, you blow me away. Again. I'm a Sci-Fi fan and I love how you create the setting here. I'm really curious to find out more about the world and the situation.

Casting the Heartless as Shadows was brilliant and I can totally see Aerith taking care of orphans and Roxas is really sweet. I imagine him being a quiet child, one that wouldn't kick up a huge fuss, though I think the situation would be slightly more terrifying.

Anyway, I loved it and can't wait for a continuation.
Dylixia chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
Ohh, it's finally here! I remember at some point, I'm quite sure, you mentioning on some journal or an

other about this story and I was looking so forward to it. I'm really in love with your writing style and I just knew that you wouldn't disappoint.

You have such an amazing way of describing and adding depth to characters- it's mind-blowing. I particularly love your descriptions of Axel.

Can't wait for more.

-MCNR
apostrophus chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
This is shaping up to be epic. Oh man. Keep writing.
Hysteri chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
Roxas is adorable. x3

Anyway I really liked the start of this :)

I cant wait to read the next chapter :)
248 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 Next »