Reviews for Waste away
iHATEamarorollins chapter 5 . 4/28
WrItTeN-PuRpLe chapter 9 . 11/26/2011
you should write a sequel to this please pleeeeaaassee please pleeaase write a sequel to this
W.S.C. Magica De Spell chapter 9 . 4/25/2010
Oh wow
ShaNini86 chapter 8 . 8/24/2009
I definitely think you should add a sequel where someone actually gets through to Alex. There's a point where you can hit rock bottom on your own accord, and there's also a point where you're so lost rock bottom is inviting. I think you've written the later, but I think having the first in some sort of a sequel would be staying true to a character. However lost she may be in your story, the character is a strong one. I mean, you write her so sad, so lost, so hurting, but she's still somewhat strong because she's keeping up with this destructive behavior, which in itself, must be exhausting. I hope that made sense, but this story really is different and unique. I hope you continue writing it. :) Nice job
JennaLynne chapter 8 . 8/23/2009
Well dear, you could end it here. It would be a rather sad ending, but it could, in theory work. It's realistic, becuase unfortunately, thats how life usually works out.

But this isn't life. It's fiction, and in fiction, we get happy endings. I'd like to see you take this maybe one more chapter, and do as you suggested, have her actually talk to someone, perhaps Donnelly, and maybe think about getting serious help.

You mention a sequel, yay, but I wonder, if your motivation is gone for this story, what makes you think you can bang out a sequel? Not that I'd complain, I love this story, and I would love more, but i just think that if it were me, i don't know if I'd be able to do it. And the ending works, so you really don't need more.

Now, onto the chapter, This was another good one, realistic, and heartwrenching. YOu've gotten her mood swings down pat, she goes from being exhausted one moment to screaming at Casey the next. A panic attack, fear she cannot control. I want her to get well, but i know, it doesn't just work like that. :( You've done well. :)

Kay, I'm done rambling now, i think.
123fugo chapter 8 . 8/22/2009
I think that its definitely going to be a story with questions unanswered no matter when the ending is, so a sequel would only be a good idea if you want complete 'closure' so to speak on Alex's ordeal. Although I'd love to read a sequel, this is also a story that could be ended with Alex finally telling someone or getting help then dropping off and leaving the reader thinking if written extremely well. So, use your best judgment. Alex is definitely getting more and more scary-pissed off-depressed, she practically bit Casey's head off.
ShaNini86 chapter 7 . 8/20/2009
I like this, particularly the part about being a bird and flying away, being free. For someone who's so internally conflicted, it's a great metaphor. Also, I like how well placed everyone's concern is, but also how Alex can't even focus long enough to hear it. At some point, I'm thinking that she does need to hear it, that the advice needs to be more forceful, or rock bottom needs to happen. Also, I think the fact that she chooses Bulimia over Anorexia, and the reasoning you give makes a lot of sense, if any of that can make sense. I really like this characterization and POV. Nice job :)
jkrowling17 chapter 7 . 8/19/2009
The story is now really coming together nicely! Not that it wasn't before, but it seems a turning point is near that will kind of bring everything together...Again, wonderful writing, and poor alex. Hopefully Liz and Liv can help her through her issues
123fugo chapter 7 . 8/19/2009
With every chapter the dynamics of the story are pushed to new bounds - it's downright amazing. This chapter was great, I wish Donnelly and Liv had done more to help, but I understand why they felt they couldn't. Hopefully Alex will reach out to them soon. I'm really ticked that my library doesn't have the book, and if I buy it my mom will worry . Can't wait for more.
JennaLynne chapter 7 . 8/19/2009
Wow. With every chapter you post, you seem to improve. This is, by far, your best. Your one line "Most of all, it allowed me to feel, and feeling was the thing I've missed most in all of this." brought tears to my eyes. I can relate to her, that numb feeling, and the desperate need for it to vanish. I love your Alex, and I'm begging for more soon!
ShaNini86 chapter 6 . 8/14/2009
haha oh buzzed writing...I can't even begin to tell you how many of my undergraduate papers were written that way...anyway lol

This chapter seems to be the build up to a climax in your stories. The random sex and Alex's denial of Donnelley's concern is well placed, as it's very realistic for someone with an eating disorder and cutting problem to deny help, even if it's well intentioned. Also, I like how well you depict the anxiety, and the overwhelming fear Alex has. I think this is also realistic, and it's nice that you're staying so true to real life. Additionally, you're also staying in character. Nice job :)

Have a great weekend!
123fugo chapter 6 . 8/13/2009
Man, if I was Donnelly I'd go get Liv and have her kick down that door. I reread the whole story after I read the chapter just to refresh everything, and I was even more blown away. The emotions are overwhelming (in a good way) and I'm going to read that book.
JennaLynne chapter 6 . 8/13/2009
oh gosh. I'm almost at at loss for words. You've captured so much emotion here, its beyond comprehension. Donnelly was way in character, it would be her recation to be shocked, and then pissed. I can't wait to see what other tricks you have up your sleeves. :) fantastic, please continue.
jkrowling17 chapter 6 . 8/13/2009
Poor, poor Alex :-(

You do such a wonderful job of intensifying the story w/ each chapter, like Alex seems more and more damaged each one. Again, hopefully her friends are able to help her before its too late. I 3 alex, so this story, espcially this chapter, makes me almost cry
JennaLynne chapter 5 . 8/13/2009
My heart breaks for her. And you've got the eating disorder mentality down to a science. Fantasticlly written. I like your broken Alex. But if someone doesn't save her (or if she can't save herself) soon, she's going to die. Don't let that happen!