Reviews for Pains of the heart
Hazmatt chapter 1 . 10/22/2013
Amazing story! Very deep and moving!
domina tempore chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
Absolutely gorgeous.

I've always thought that this is something Jack and Vala would have bonded over, the loss of their children. It's a tragedy that the rest of the team can never really understand, but it strikes me that the two of them are very similar in some ways, and that they would grow in this sort of understanding and respect and trust and even friendship because of this pain that they share. This was a really beautiful picture of that.

"He knows that she's become the centre of them all, the thing that binds his old team together into something new. She is the centre and they are her gravity, they hold her together just as much as she does for them."

"She is the centre and the centre has to hold.

Everything else is just gravity and tears."

These few lines just killed me. Excellent job.
VisualIDentificationZeta chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
I can't comment on the theme of this fic because I don't even a kid, much less lost one, so I can't even imagine how either of those are like, but I'd just like to say I like the comfort they give each other and, if you don't mind, I'd like to consider this fic as a pre-ship fic.
oo chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
Nice idea and you wrote it up very well. Good work!
Oldlibrn chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
When I saw it was a Jack/Vala story I was intrigued. But I figured it would be Daniel centric and probably about his death. But the actual story blew me away. What a great idea. Jack and Vala always seemed to be a relationship that deseved exploring. There was a hint of the potential during the whole Prior Daniel is he or isn't he episode.
HAZMOT chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
It's so tear jerking to know that Jack and Vala have so much in common as far as the pain of losing a child. Adria was destined to be defeated and to know that that child will never to be held again, laugh again, was tearing Vala apart. Jack knew all to well the raw pain of never seeing that child ever again. Such a beautiful pairing of two sad souls of found solace in each others pain. :D
spacegypsy1 chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
Very good insight, and heart-wrenching.

*All her pain and sorrow and shame crackling around her like static electricity.* Beautiful! Pain, sorrow, shame...totally encapsulates what she must have felt.

I always appreciate a piece with depth and this did not disappoint! There is a nice power to its delivery and it’s so perfect in its present state I wonder if you are going to continue? Or leave it here? b
acer-sigma chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
Good Jack/Vala interaction/comfort story. It's true that out of them all, despite everything that they've all been through, that Jack would be the best one to understand what Vala went through with Adria.

"Before he stepped through the gate and found his salvation."

We know what saved Jack. The question would be what Vala's salvation would be.

And also it's an interesting thought that Jack has about Vala. Seems to be placing a lot of weight on her shoulders though. ;)