Reviews for Truth Be Told
Calenlass Greenleaf chapter 26 . 5/26/2010
Well...It's been a while since I last read this story because I was stuck in Taiwan. I hadn't realized you had finished it.

Beautiful story that I know I must reread, because somewhere in the middle, life got busy and I lost a couple threads of the story (in no way was the fault yours!). Thank you for providing this great tale. :)

lindahoyland chapter 26 . 5/13/2010
A great ending to a wonderful thought provoking story, which I've greatly enjoyed and shall miss.

Thank you for a great read!
blacksleeves chapter 26 . 5/12/2010
That was a lovely ending, thank-you! I hope you will soon give us another story to follow.

Grummel chapter 26 . 5/12/2010
Another great story of yours brought to a good end. Thank you very much!
Aearwen22 chapter 26 . 5/12/2010
This is a tale well-told. Very nicely done! And it's good to see solid values and ethics taught in such an enjoyable fashion.

Ellynn chapter 26 . 5/12/2010
Aww, beautiful ending. Thank you for this wonderful story. :)
Shipwright's Trick chapter 26 . 5/11/2010
Ah. Brilliant. Not only were all the loose ends tied up (with the painting of the wedding portrait and the message from Lunet, which I thought particularly nice, even though no words were involved), but the sense of closure that so many stories, loose ends or no, lack. The last paragraph, and the final lesson on truth just above it, not only fit wonderfully with the story, but were the perfect ending (especially considering Faramir's bout of philosophy earlier in the story).

Thank you for another wonderful tale! May your plotbunnies never multiply in vain! : )
Morthoron chapter 26 . 5/11/2010
*The Dark Elf bows*

Editing your piece was a pleasure, m'dear, because I truly enjoy your attention to detail, the precision and poetry of your descriptions of nature and your penchant for a well-turned phrase. You have an artist's eye, and the intensity with which you describe the minutiae of Déoric's work offered a depth usually devoid in most fan-fiction. Your description of Albrecht Dürer in Deoric's self-portrait speaks volumes for your ability to synthesize real-life experience/interests into a fantasy setting. The same can be said of grafting personal philosophical musings into the thought processes of Middle-earth characters, giving them dimension and purpose beyond merely mimicking Tolkien.

Congratulations on a tale well-told.
KyMahalei chapter 26 . 5/11/2010
I'm so glad that the last chapter was not the end. This was a fine and fitting conclusion for your story. I rather liked the self portrait;not only for what it said about Deoric, but the way that you described the painting as well. You did a fine job with Deoric's character arch. . . and if there had to be one last bug, I'm glad that it was a butterfly.

I'm looking forward to your next adventure. May your Muse speak to you very soon.
lindahoyland chapter 25 . 5/9/2010
A lovely chapter. I felt I was at the wedding!Loved your description of Aragorn and Arwen.
Ellynn chapter 25 . 5/5/2010
The last line. I absolutely love it. Perfect.
lindahoyland chapter 24 . 5/5/2010
A great chapter. I loved Deoric's version of the old story and seeing how the peace talks went.

Loved the humour about not fighting over the dropped ink!

It was nice to see the Hobbits too.
blacksleeves chapter 25 . 5/4/2010
Wow! that was a speedy update! A lovely chapter, I'm glad Lothiriel was forgiving. I hope we will see more of her.
Shipwright's Trick chapter 25 . 5/4/2010
A lovely chapter. (I feel like I've been saying that a lot recently, and not only to you, but what can I say? It's always true!) The wedding was wonderfully described, and I especially liked the sunny rain. What a lovely thing to have at a wedding. It's like the universe *knows.* Which may or may not be a pleasant thought, but in this case, it's lovely.

It was nice to see most members of the Fellowship, from Aragorn presiding over the entire event (with Arwen, who sounded beautiful) to Pippin complimenting Fana's pancakes (so in-character!) But...what was wrong with Legolas? (Is this going to turn up again later, perchance? I get the oddest feeling...)

Please don't be foreshadowing about Merilwen. I like her.

Cockchafers, yuck! But I'm glad things with Dunland are looking up enough for Deoric to joke about them. (By the way, Gruffyd was a nice appearance. His introduction to Fana was hilarious.)

The ending was very nicely done. I liked the observation that stars are made of joy; that presents me with a lovely train of thought: thousands of stars, each made of joy, each large enough to easily be seen from outer space...that's a lot of joy. Which is good. (I can't help but wonder, though - how Earendil would feel about that idea?)

Thank you for another beautiful chapter! I love your frequent updates. Feel free to keep them coming... : )
Shipwright's Trick chapter 24 . 5/2/2010
'"Well," said Déoric, "I will need a desk."'

And with that, the patriotic speeches were over and things got back down to earth and back to business. As usual. : )

Yay, reunions! And I'm glad the marriage took place, even if it was a sideline event.

By the way, I find the Latecomers very interesting. What do you want to bet that Merry chases them down and pelts them with questions when he and Pippin go back to the Shire? : )

Thank you! (Never a dull moment, I say.)
149 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »