Reviews for Truth Be Told
EStrunk chapter 11 . 9/7/2016
Very brave of Deoric. It reminded me of "To Kill a Mockingbird" when he gave them his name and asked for theirs. Eomer's view of the world and of Rohan might be disturbed. I did enjoy his sweet letter to Lothiriel. And Deoric is busted about the paints.
EStrunk chapter 10 . 9/7/2016
Poor Eowyn! And quite the cliff hanger. Glad it sounds like the baby is okay and glad someone could help Eowyn. Deoric's chopping of the wood was fun. His reinvisioning of Helm is harsh.
EStrunk chapter 9 . 9/7/2016
The other side of the story. Even then it is hard to know what really happened. Like Lunet's story - if Bleddyn died and all his companions where did the story come from? I love that Deoric is human enough to cry about the lice. So sad that he missed Niarl's wedding.
EStrunk chapter 8 . 9/7/2016
Now things will get interesting. So happy to know that Deoric is being cared for. I was glad that people were looking for him, but now I'm wondering if they will be able to find him. I'm glad that Fana and Dirlayn are taking the bad news well.
EStrunk chapter 7 . 9/7/2016
I loved Eowyn and Faramir's philosophical discussion. Is Eowyn a budding lawyer? The wolf was fascinating, but also a bit scary. I'm glad to learn a bit more about Brecc.
EStrunk chapter 6 . 9/7/2016
Ow! I wasn't expecting that. I guess they weren't either. I was enjoying his contemplation of the chrysalis. I hope he wasn't planning on keeping it a secret that he brought his paints since now there is a portrait in Hornburg. His memories of the battle at Helm's Gate were chilling. Even more horrible to think about being unable to get his foot out of the stirrup.
EStrunk chapter 5 . 9/7/2016
The part where he was swimming and wondering what his baby's existence was like was mesmerizing. What an image. Funny that he realizes that he can't let the people know that he can draw. Would any of them be afraid to let their image be captured? I keep wondering about the plot summary. Will gathering the stories of the Westfold cause trouble?
EStrunk chapter 4 . 9/7/2016
Sweet scene with Fana and Dirlayn. Very good question. Sneaking behind Eomer's back? Doesn't seem like the best idea. Interesting question that he sent to Merry.
EStrunk chapter 3 . 9/7/2016
I do love the painting details. Are you an artist yourself? Both Eowyn and Fana are pregnant! Yay! Merilwen's words about how having a child changes everything were spectacular and so true.
EStrunk chapter 2 . 9/7/2016
I love the idea of a challenge. The fact that a friend can help, but can only do so much was fantastic too. Lovely visit with Gleowine.
EStrunk chapter 1 . 9/6/2016
I'm worried about Eowyn. That doesn't sound like morning sickness (although I guess it could be). I'm thinking Fana's tiredness is. Cute how Lothiriel is befriending Deoric. Loved how happy Deoric was to be in the saddle again.
the-small-print-UTT2 chapter 1 . 11/8/2013
Really interesting read so far - I will definitely come back to it, since it's a culture and setting I am fond of, and handled with far more maturity than 99% of fanfics.

One thing, though: your writing style is good, but the dialogue is all in modern English, and that really jars, considering how the whole Middle Earth setting was dreamed up by a linguist with a fancy for archaic prose.

A more minor quibble is that almost all of the Rohirrim - except possibly some of the royals - were illiterate, and their histories were sung and told rather than written. I'm willing to suspend disbelief on that though, since I want to know where this is all going. And of course I can see from your writing that you are also an artist - that observation about what you see vs. what you know is very familiar to me.
TMI Fairy chapter 26 . 5/25/2013
Thank you for an enjoyable story. Quite original, if I may say so.
Borys
Amber Helen Royce chapter 26 . 5/17/2013
Beautiful story. I've seen it a couple of times before, but never brought myself to read it, because I'm not exactly the world's biggest fan of OCs as main characters. I'm truly happy I've changed my mind, though. The story is believable and well thought-out. Neither character is a Mary-Sue or Marty-Stu. What makes it particulary interesting is that it's not just feelings this and feelings that, but you've put plenty of very intreresting practical facts about painting and ink, which would truly capture my attention, especially since it gives your story a lot of credibility. You should be proud of yourself, you've done a great job. This is one if the best stories in LoTR section.
Glory Bee chapter 26 . 5/31/2012
Virtuella this story was much more than I expected. I knew it would be well written but I did not know it would be written with such wisdom and compassion. I feel privileged to have read this. :)
175 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »