Reviews for Truth Be Told
Ilovepi chapter 21 . 4/14/2010
YAY! eomer grew up!
Shipwright's Trick chapter 21 . 4/14/2010
"Do not fret, Déoric. I have no intention to bite off your head. For a start, I have already had a rather filling midday meal."

Yup, that's Éomer. How funny; and I got a great mental image from that line right there. : )

I hope you won't allow the Dunlendings and Rohirrim to get too carried away with their draining and plowing. I won't lecture you on the risks of doing so, I'm sure you know about those. Just something to consider; we don't after all, want Dunland to end up like a lot of modern countries today.

Do we get a reunion scene between Déoric and some of his Dunlending "friends," say, Lunet, Gruffyd, the rest? That would be cool. : )

Thanks, this was a great chapter. I hope to see you soon!
Grummel chapter 21 . 4/14/2010
Eomer King has really grown a lot, that was a surprise indeed!
lindahoyland chapter 20 . 4/9/2010
A wonderful gripping chapter that was over far too soon. I loved seeing Quickbeam and was moved by the grave and the dying Orc."More things in heaven and earth" as Hamlet would say.
Ellynn chapter 20 . 4/7/2010
I like that you put Quickbeam in the story. :) He is my favourite ent. :)

And the encounter with the orc is touchingly described. Yes, it is easy to symphatize with the orc, although he is supposed to be an enemy.

There are so many moments when I wish we could live in a world without sorrow and pain, when I wish I could save the world...
blacksleeves chapter 20 . 4/6/2010
Excellent! I don't think I've ever had any Ents in other stories I've read, and you did a fantastic job. Quickbeam was fantastic. I am glad Deoric got to visit his father's resting place unexpectedly, too. The orc was interesting...I hope they won't find any trouble!

Thanks for updating! I'm really enjoying the story!
Shipwright's Trick chapter 20 . 4/6/2010
A very aptly named title, I must say.

"'Is that so? Hum ho ha.'"

I really must try inserting that into a conversation somehow. Very Entish and (more than) vaguely ridiculous-sounding. : )

It was nice that Déoric got to see his father's grave, but it didn't improve matters that I was listening to sad music. And as for the orc...one can't help but feel (more than) a little sorry for him. At the moment of death, it seems to me that all are equal. And after all, orcs were elves once.

Wow, you really brought out the pity-and-sorrow side in me. I commend you; I don't think very many other authors have made me feel sorry for ORCS, of all things. : )

Hope to see you soon!
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 19 . 4/3/2010
Aw how sweet...
lindahoyland chapter 19 . 3/22/2010
It must have been sad to see the Hobbit holes abandoned.

I just loved the scene for Faramir, Eowyn and Elboron. I recall our discussion now.

A delicious ending.
blacksleeves chapter 19 . 3/16/2010
What's this about 6 fingers? I have to go back and read again! Very interesting chapter for Deoric though, I think Merry willbe very interested too!

Thanks!
Shipwright's Trick chapter 19 . 3/16/2010
Many holes. Merry should be interested, and so am I, to hear the story Deoric almost forgot.

I also like Eowyn's idea for her son. I don't know how to phrase the entire scene of Elboron, but it was wonderful. : )

Thanks (for everything); update soon!
Grummel chapter 19 . 3/16/2010
"the Child of Hope is smelly" Nice way to ground the big story. I really liked Éowyn's wits in this chapter.

niggle: half-rotted
Emily chapter 18 . 3/3/2010
You've got me hanging now. Is it Gollum's family's hole, descendants of the grandmother and the other family members he left behind?

Update soon!
Emily chapter 16 . 3/3/2010
Oh, good. But watch something else happen once Deoric leaves again.

Baby's here! : )

'In the second week in March, a veritable heat wave struck the country.'

I'll take that as an omen, then. Here's to March heatwaves! : )
Emily chapter 14 . 3/3/2010
Crane flies Daddy long legs? Well, I suppose you learn a new thing every day. : )

I'm very interested to see what will happen to the Dunlendings when Deoric speaks up for them, as, of course, I'm sure he will. This ought to be good...
149 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »